Good morning! I pray that each one of you have been returning to your First Love this week. Hungry to see God move in your lives, to speak to your hearts, and simply to love back on YOU. Have you seen that happen, if so, would you let me know?
I have seen that happen Girlfriends! Thursday was an absolutely incredible day for me. God spoke my love language all day long, up until I went to bed and He continued on into Friday. Words of affirmation, something I truly did not receive as a child. God is so good and He is so AWESOME. I want you to know, I am EXPECTING Him today! Good things, mighty things, exciting things, THANK YOU LORD. (BRAG ON HIM!)
In expectation God gave us a beautiful mental picture in His word of what the Kingdom of Heaven will be like. Do any of you remember? Yes, the wedding banquet. "The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son." This is found in the 22nd Chapter of Matthew, verse 2. In this parable Jesus explains that at this banquet the table is found empty and the servants are sent out to remind those that had been invited, to come. But these people paid the servants no attention, nor did they give attention to the king and his son.
On Thursday evening, the last session of our Stepping Up bible study in our Community Ladies Group those that ATTENDED were so blessed! With this being a COMMUNITY study, women of all ages, all denominations and even unbeliever's are invited to grow in God. This concept has been going on for several years now. The reason that this speaks so much to my heart is that honestly, there were others that have been invited for THIS study before we ever started in January. And for personal reasons, some that started with us in January simply weren't able to make the last night. And I've pondered this ever since, that they certainly missed out on a very delightful closing to our bible study. We didn't know in advance what would happen, only that a Sister had opened her home to us for the last night. (THANK YOU CAROL!) We moved from a church fellowship hall into a home. PERSONAL! (GOD IS LIKE THAT, HE IS PERSONAL!)
But when I walked in, my breath was utterly taken away. BEAUTY was evident, and I was speechless. Time involved was evident for the table was set!
Isn't that just gorgeous? So you can get a glimpse, I took pictures from both angles. I was greedy, I wanted to journal my own personal walk with obedience to God by taking these pictures. Then God spoke to my heart and said, SHARE WITH THE WORLD.
We were blessed with a very elegant tea party. Totally unexpected, and it totally spoke to those that attended. Let me tell you Girlfriends, my Sister's hearts were thrilled upon entering this home that night. One walked in and said, WOW THE WEDDING BANQUET! Amen, Sister, Amen, what we see here is just a tiny itty bitty part of what we will see one day with Him. Remember, many had been invited, from day one of this study, but for one reason or another they chose to not attend. I'm not trying to belittle any one here, but simply say that this gave me an extremely VIVID PICTURE of something I will see because I have accepted the invitation.
My Sisters in Christ who had came to the banquet table that evening, allowing me to serve them as the facilitator in this awesome study:
The end of this parable says, "For many are invited, but few are chosen." Will you accept the invitation?
4 comments:
Hey Yolanda, great post. I read your comment on my blog the other day and want to respond. I am in college full time Yolanda and God is really having His way with the kids there through me. Now I prety much look like the geek among them but I still let Him say and do what He wants most of the time unless my flesh gets in the way and I worry what they think about me. Most people Yoland want Gods compassion in their lives not "us physically" but the love that comes through from Him for them. Chew on that because I wrestle with it but know in my heart its true. This weeks radio broadcast from Beth is great.
Amen! How wonderful God is that He shows us in so many ways how His Word is for TODAY, YESTERDAY, and TOMORROW. I get so much out of your writings and it's so good for us to get a new perspective on something that we've learned about before, that's what God wants us to do. To know,to be prepared, and to expect! And to never stray from our First Love!
Hi Yolanda,
Wow, I'll bet that was an amazing experience1 Our girls' High School Youth group used to do an evening called "Pretty Princess Night". The leaders would prepare a table in advance, much like the one in your pictures. Basically it was like having a "date with Jesus." It would conclude with the girls decorating posters on which they would share encouraging words and scripture. I need to see if we can get that back on the agenda, for the girls and adults!!!
Have a good one,
Kelley
Yolanda.. that was a great post. Thanks for the pictures. I found your blog link on the beth moore site about you bragging on God. It was great. I loved the pictures and the postings you have. I enoyed reading as you bragged on God. It really refreshed my soul. I have soo much to brag on God about. In fact I have been bragging on him today because I have been serving in nepal for 7 months now as a "m" and today my best friend (the first person I have seen from home in 7 months) came to visit and I have been able to show her my new world which is completely different from the world i came from in america. I plan on continuing to read yourblog as i really enjoyed it. God bless you
Post a Comment