**A hint while reading this, I have _________ and this would be the son's name.** Also, if you haven't, you may want to read the prior posting.
The gentleman I wrote about over the weekend is really doing WELL considering all that his body has been through in the past couple of days after having a light/mild stroke. And with that, he found out that he is also a diabetic. Saturday afternoon he went for a walk in the hallway, as this was highly suggested by his Doctor. And ever since then, he can't get his thoughts out, and his speech is slurred. Prior to his walk, it was only affected just a smidgeon. The Doctor reassured us, that it would be like this and the exercise would have stirred that up, but to encourage his patient to read out loud to help his brain/voice to work together.
The reason behind a chapter 2 comes from an AWESOME conversation I had with his son Saturday morning. He and I were alone as the x-ray tech came for his Dad to do another chest scan. So we left ICU and went down to the waiting room, just to get us out of the small room and some fresh air. This son asked me if he could talk to me, and I said yeah. Yolanda, does this thing with my Dad not have you upset?
Well ______, you may not like my answer, but you asked, and so.......that is what God does for us. He causes us to have so much peace, even though all around us is chaos and confusion. So no, I'm not upset, but my heart does hurt for you and your siblings; and for your Dad. And yes, perhaps even a little fearful for you, but I am in peace.
The son then said, "I need to go to church. Yolanda you are so cheery, always, and I need to start going to church." Girlfriends, that blew me away and I said, "______, you see that I'm cheery?" ____ answered, "Yes!!" This scripture came to mind this afternoon as I'm writing for Higher Grounds 1 Peter 3:15 "Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect."
This is a 17 year old kid that has a HUGE chip on his shoulder, a definite attitude, lacking respect; life evolves around him. But....I saw a cool side of him that morning. We talked a LOOOOOONG time, and I told him that it was extremely important, and that it truly did rest on his shoulders, that he needed to loose the attitude. He needed to make sure that he kept their home calm and peaceful. He was going to have to let go of "what about me", temper tantrums, and simply throwing fits. Because if he didn't, he would stir up his Dad and that wouldn't do any one any good especially his father with having had the stroke already and his heart. This son was very solemn and told me that he understood me.
I tell you this, not to ever belittle those involved, yet honestly to Praise GOD for HE is good and HE opened the window for this conversation between a 17 year old bronc and a woman that really does hunger to say YES TO GOD! One that has walked the wrong path, that desires to have a listening ear and truly to love on others that need that extra dose.
This was part of a devotion I received this morning out of Houston, the author remains anonymous...so I can only tell you, I didn't write this, but it speaks of the situation I have found myself in the past couple of days.
Ever notice how some people go through incredible difficulties yet still have joy, while others who don't go through half as much struggle to keep their heads above water? What’s the difference? These people have a well within that they draw from daily; a well that can’t be drained by what’s going on around them. Nehemiah 8:10; Romans 15:13
Once again, I challenge you each, to reach out and accept the calling to LOVE others. Please pray for this family and it truly is very simple....be Jesus to others.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
I am glad to hear an update on your friend. I hope that He see's Jesus in all this!! His joy is wonderful. I wish I could carry it more. I pray daily to radiate His presence. Even when it gets tough!! Blessing friend!!
In His Graces~Pamela
This young man sees the reality of Jesus in your life - that's why he is willing to listen. Keep shining for Him - you are a bright star in the universe!
Love & prayers,
Joy
Wow! Great story. Great opportunity for you to be a witness and servant of Christ. However, what I also saw in this story is how God used a tragedy of stroke and health issues to turn a wayward child to be more compassionate and considerate of others. Who knows where this young man will end...he could very well be the next pastor of a church. Continue to be a bright light to him shining him in the direction of Christ.
Come visit me sometime. I'll save your blog under my favorites in internet explorer.
In His Grasp,
Paula
Divine appointments...gotta love 'em!
So awesome that this kid sees Jesus in you whether he recognizes that is the reason why you're so cheery.
Awesome testimony!
What a wonderful example of how God can use us when we show love to others.
Hi, Yolanda!
You found me and I in turn have found you! I am blessed!
I noticed that you put the Mitford Series down as some of your favorite books. I have read all of them. Most enjoyable reading!
And I LOVE Selah. . especially the song, Press On. Have you heard that one? It is so beautiful.
My daughter listened to Press On over and over and over when she was in the hospital. She had a massive tumor in her heart. Her daughter and sister-in-law made a tape of Press On and it was played at my daughters funeral.
Enjoyed reading your post on love.
"Love never fails!"
We can claim that promise in impossible situations.
mary
Post a Comment