Saturday, April 19, 2008

Called to LOVE


Good MORNING! Can you tell, I've had two nice B-I-G cups of coffee already? Needed them, and soon you will know why.

I find God so totally amusing at times, do any of you? I was thinking this week that I seem to be getting a breath of air after the devil had been roaring at me when wham.....last night he truly came roaring. This week in my Community Bible Study we worked through Session 3 of Loving Well by Beth Moore, learning more about the "Testy" that God has placed in our lives to bring out the impurities in us. When He does this, it's to allow Him to refine us. Girlfriend, even though this is an extremely difficult "season" to walk through, DO IT!

Anyway back to last night, we enjoyed a lovely birthday gathering for a dear teen that God has placed in our lives. Both Bill and I love this family to pieces. We arrived home at 7:00 and by 7:15 we were headed back out the door. Our field foreman is an older gentleman that has custody of his 17 year old son, and he was watching his Dad go through a stroke. Not anything that he was prepared for, and he simply only knew that Bill and I would be able to help. And so, with watching this small family that is not saved or even remotely wanting to hear about God, they still KNEW where they could go for guidance. As I sat in the Emergency Room waiting area for over 3 hours while Bill stayed with our foreman as the doctor and tech worked like a ballet finding answers, I saw first hand the difference between LIGHT and DARK. I saw just only 24 hours later after our class one of my Testy's, WHOM I LOVE DEARLY, needing help. The one that never needs help, was being made aware of NEEDING someone else.

I also witnessed people sitting there along side me, that knew nothing but the negative of this or that. Bashing people, bashing the medical profession, bashing our community, etc. And I could absolutely not stay quiet any longer and I simply said, we need some positive here. I am so THANKFUL for what we have.

I believe that you and I, as Believers, are called to LOVE, go the extra mile and by our attitudes, presence and spirits make a difference. To change the air that we are surrounded by from negative to positive, from darkness to Light. And we can only do this by spending time with Our Savior. How do we do this.....John 15:9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love."

Other words meaning to remain: wait, stay, abide, dwell, and I love these next two....tarry, linger.

When you and I tarry and linger with Christ, we start imitating Him. Not only that, but we are being PREPARED. I don't want to go through life, not prepared, if at all possible. Here is a Beth Moore Statement from my class. "If we are growing in Christ, we are growing in love." Doesn't it just RING with truth?!!


Honestly, if you want to be a witness to being Called To Love, spend a few hours in your local emergency room.

5 comments:

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

You remind me of my scripture reading from this morning of 2 Corinthians 3: 2-3-"You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts". We are Hid witness, here to spread His love, grace and message of salvation-especially in areas where these is not much positive being displayed.
You are a blessing dear friend.
In His Graces~Pamela

Joyful said...

Yolanda, your life is speaking volumes to others. It so encouraged my heart to read how this young person knew where to turn when in crisis - to a couple who can lead His heart to Christ.

I have a friend who year after year destroys my Christmas letter, not wanting to hear the message of Christmas. I always hope that someday, when she needs the Christ of Christmas, she will reach out and call me because she's seen His life lived out in me.

Last year I spent a lot of time in our hospital's Emergency department. It really opened my eyes to the needs out there - especially the needs of young people, so many brought in by Police Officers - my heart just ached for each one. It changed my perception and my prayer life.

Thanks for this reminder today to give a cup of cold water in His name.

Praying for your friend,
Joy

Lelia Chealey said...

To change the air that we are surrounded by from negative to positive, from darkness to Light.


BEAUTIFUL Girlfriend!!!
love you,
Lelia

Kelley said...

I'm so glad you were able to share the love of Christ with someone so in need. I hope that this family is doing better and will continue to let you and your husband love on them and minister to them. God works in some unusual and mysterious ways sometimes!

Love and blessings to you,
Kelley

Liz said...

I love your insight - we are called to love! Thank you for the beautiful reminder to look and share the positive.
Thanks for the blog comment. I am working through stuff.