Sunday, April 6, 2008

Is there a storm? If so, perhaps you are in need of a new Leader!

Have you ever thought to yourself, when..... I will do so and so, or when.....I will do this or that?

Well let me be one the first one today to tell you, that if God calls you to it, then DO IT. As women that hunger after Him, to simply say YES. For if He calls you, He will provide the way. And if He is calling you, then you are allowing Him to lead you. This will make sense before you finish reading this post.

After having lots of down time for two weeks away from home, the past 3 days have been nothing but go, go, GO! Truthfully, that makes me exhausted. With being a partner in our business, there are of course luxuries, but there are also times of simply having to go the extra mile when others around you are enjoying "the moment". There just are certain things that rest on each "partner's" shoulders, that simply must be done, that no one else knows to do. I'm not complaining, simply setting some back ground that has caused me to be reflective today.

Hungering for some rest, some peace, some calmness.

I was thinking of SHALOM being the Hebrew word for "peace". The original Hebrew word is consisted of 4 letters, and these 4 letters make up the meaning of peace as:

DESTROY the AUTHORITY that establishes CHAOS. (emphasis mine).

Girlfriends, what is the authority that establishes chaos? It's the enemy, Satan, himself. The prince of this very world....earth. BUT....Who DESTROYS the enemy? The PRINCE OF PEACE. What does Revelation tell us, have you read the end of the book? JESUS CHRIST destroyed the enemy. God hurled him from heaven...and His Son overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, by His resurrection. Colossians 1:13 & 14 "For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

When we grasp, that He is the One that has rescued us from the enemies grasp, that He has moved us from darkness to light, WHEN we say, YES LORD, I sinned, I missed the mark, I am making a u-turn, and surrender to You and Your ways, what happens?

Don't we find ourselves after submitting, walking in peace? Having Shalom? And when we do so, what happens? Don't we find ourselves truly being calm even though a storm rages all around us? Because the Prince of Peace lives on the inside of us, and we allow Him to take control of our steps?

This is what I shared with my husband this morning in our services, I simply wrote out calm as.....

Christ
Always
Leading
Me

I know that was the Holy Spirit speaking to me. When I allow Christ to Always Lead Me, then I am yoked with Him, and His peace which surpasses all understanding.....is flowing over me, Christ Jesus, will guard our hearts and minds. YOU AND I SISTER, YOU AND I!

6 comments:

Kelley said...

Shalom sweet sister, that is exactly what I am seeking. Thanks for the reminder of the only place it can be found! And thank you for your encouraging words on my post today. I hope you are adjusting to your return from paradise!

Love,
Kelley

valerie said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. What a neat story about Beth reaching out to your friend.
And...your call from our sweet friend, Lelia. What an encourager she is.
I appreciate the reminder on this post. I've been such a chicken all my life to step out of my comfort zone. I'm slowly getting there.
Every time I see your picture on here you remind me so much of someone I know here in my little town in OK.
Thanks again and I'll chat again soon.
Love,
Valerie

Pamela (His maidservant) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pamela (His maidservant) said...

This described my day today-I hate Mondays!! It really seemed like chaos but you are right...SHALOM is there if I am in touch with God. I want a word picture of "Shalom" to hang over my fireplace...still looking for it!
You are a blessing!
In His Graces~Pamela

About Nancy said...

Oh, thank you for sharing this. It brought peace to my soul. Praise God our Lord is the Prince of Peace! Amen.
In Him,
Nancy

Joyful said...

Christ Always Leading Me - CALM. I need to remember that!!! He gives peace that passes understanding. Trusting Him and resting in His love,
Joy