Can you think of a person that has made a difference in your life? If so, what was it about them that made a change in you?
When I hit rock bottom, and God entered in because I allowed Him to....I then began to crave more RIGHT decisions than wrong ones. I want to point out a key element...I began. Wasn't an instant change, but one step at a time. Not only crave right choices but I actually began to walk a narrow path of right choices. If you are just starting to do this, please don't give up! It takes time, consistency and determination. It takes a lot of elbow grease and mountains of grace!
If you haven't yet, I totally believe that you will.....come into contact with women who will be used by GOD to make a positive difference in your life. How can I say that? Because God knows your heart, and if this is something you desire, He will place them in your path. This woman will cheer you on, strive to steer you from making some of her very own un-wise choices and most importantly she will love you. (You have free-will and you have to choose this path because of her openness to share her own mistakes) You can and will TRUST her.
What spoke life to me from others was: encouragement, investing with their time and heart, patience, transparency, and allowing me to see Jesus through their words and actions. A woman that I love dearly, and have been involved in her life for several years now encourages me often by telling me that she so appreciates that I have always loved her right where she is at.
I believe, honestly, that there are two types of people in this world.
A. Committed, Positive, Encourages, Thankful, Giver, Fills one up, Believes, speaks LIFE, & is intentional
B. Quitter, Negative, Discourage, Ungrateful, Takes, Drains, Doubts, speaks Death, & Un-intentional
Do you see a forming of how we can change our world? Which are you, A or B? Who would you rather be around, and have involved in your life? Honestly, a Believer can be in either group.
List A causes us to be all that we can be and more. Reflecting Christ, Himself.
List B will leave one empty and defeated. Perhaps, this list is even a recipe for disaster?
When I find myself around someone that is totally a list B type of person, it doesn't take long for me to realize that I need some distance. Why? Simply, they aren't making a difference in my life for the better. Proverbs 27:27 "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." I want to be one of those types of women that when others leave my presence they say with complete sincerity, Yolanda is making a difference. I just came away sharpened, not dulled.
I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God has made a difference in my life. That I have very few list B characteristics in my life TODAY. By allowing God to change these spots in me and align more than ever before with The Word Of God, I will in turn make a difference for the better in someone else's life. To apply God's promises and provisions to my own situation, will encourage another to do so.
If you tend to be more of a list B type of person and desire to be the opposite, ask GOD TO CHANGE YOUR SPOTS and BELIEVE that He can do it! Thank You Father for changing my spots! 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, Yolanda! I just loved this! I am an "A"--but sometimes the spots from the "B" list pop up--doubts being the biggie! Thanks for your insight and the wonderful scripture!!The scripture can help change those spots if I am trusting in HIM.
Love ya,
Susan
Yolanda, another great post. You are that person in my life. You have been the person that invested in me, trusted me, and believed in me ever since we met. You are the example that made me crave those right choices, and I'm glad I finally chose Jesus! He alone changed me from that negative, going-down-the-wrong-path person that I used to be into the still-struggling-but-leaning-on-Him person that I am now! I'm so glad that we can be on the Lord's "A-list"!!
Post a Comment