Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthing my passion from my pain

**Updated at bottom right before prayer**

Lord, Sometimes......You allow me to Learn hard Things, so I can be a gentle Teacher. (Author Unknown)

This sentence grabbed me from a poem I received this week. This is only one sentence of many from the poem, but it was the push I needed to further testify of what God has done for me.



I am the woman at the well. (John 4) I am the woman that was brought to Jesus who had committed adultery. (John 8) But more importantly......I AM THE WOMAN WHO CAME TO TOUCH THE CLOAK OF MY SAVIOR!



Please, take the moments needed to read from Mark 5:25-34.

A large crowd followed and pressed around him. 25And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years. 26She had suffered a great deal under the care of many doctors and had spent all she had, yet instead of getting better she grew worse. 27When she heard about Jesus, she came up behind him in the crowd and touched his cloak, 28because she thought, "If I just touch his clothes, I will be healed." 29Immediately her bleeding stopped and she felt in her body that she was freed from her suffering.
30At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him. He turned around in the crowd and asked, "Who touched my clothes?"
31"You see the people crowding against you," his disciples answered, "and yet you can ask, 'Who touched me?' "
32But Jesus kept looking around to see who had done it. 33Then the woman, knowing what had happened to her, came and fell at his feet and, trembling with fear, told him the whole truth. 34He said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace and be freed from your suffering."




My bleeding was not actual blood, it was pain of many years. Pain I inflicted and pain received, all painful. My bleeding was many poor choices, trying to fill the VOID that only Jesus can fill. Did you know that He created a hole in your heart that only He can fill? I'm not sure that is scriptural, but none the less, I believe it with all of my heart. I stuffed and stuffed that hole with S-I-N until I no longer could step a moment longer in the "stuff" that was truly suffocating me.




What did I do? I touched the hem of the garment of the only One who could heal ME. I love how she came forward, fearful and trembling, but so obedient to the voice of God. "Who touched me?" The most exciting thing happens in verse 34: "Daughter...." She became part of the family, she had no name and He gives her the name, Daughter. Jesus welcomes her, allows the healing to take place and sends her off in peace! THAT IS MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




And from that ONE TOUCH, after all that pain for 34 years....Jesus called me Daughter. From my pain, He has birthed a passion in me to help other hurting women to come to His cloak for that ONE TOUCH. I don't know what keeps others from doing so: perhaps fear, control, manipulation, self-worth, thinking they have way out sinned the cross...I simply don't know.




But this I do know....."Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." (Jeremiah 32:17)



God has truly taken something meant for evil and turned it for good. (Genesis 50:20). This is my mantra, through Higher Grounds, through others allowing me to show them the HIGHER GROUND to be on that "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives."



Lessons are down right hard, dirty, zapping of energy and time....but if you will stay the course with God, face those demons by saying YES TO GOD, walking towards instead of from....you too, will receive your healing. Girlfriends, take that step, and touch the hem of His garment!

**I have a little buddy, his name is Andrew, and this morning on the way to work, I was thinking about how he and I are going to spend some time in heaven w/one another. He accepted Christ and was baptized this past weekend. He is 8 and charming! My mind instantly went to Lord, I want to see you first and then I'm heading straight for my Sister at the well and "Daughter" as they both gave me hope. I wonder, who else will be visiting with them, loving on them and thanking them?**



Father, I am so thankful for the healing You have provided for me and for many of my Sisters and Brothers. I am forever grateful for Your love, grace, mercy and forgiveness. Thank You for wiping my slate clean, drying up the blood, and birthing my passion from the pain. For allowing me to learn the hard things so I could be a gentle teacher. May YOU always, ALWAYS, get the glory and honor. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

12 comments:

Paula V said...

Oh, Yolanda, when I saw your title I about freaked. I JUST posted my last part on the BM conference. I can't remember if you attended or not but I'm thinking not. I can't believe you read these exact words from an email. This is one of the major points that pricked my heart from Beth's conference...knowing that God is birthing passion from my pain.

I love the story of the bleeding woman. I've always wanted to give her a name. Her faith is so awesome and I believe Jesus favored that faith and THAT is why He healed her. I want that kind of faith not just for healings (physical or emotional) but for all aspects of my life. As I wrote in a previous post, I really do believe in the connection between our faith and His response.

Blessings sweet friend.
Paula
Come check out my post.

Runner Mom said...

Y'all!!! God was speaking to you both and look at your responses! I just visited Paula's blog! Oh, my word! Is God just not the coolest??? oh, how I love when He does this!

Yolanda, your post is wonderful! I just love the scripture, "Ah, Sovereign LORD, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." (Jeremiah 32:17)I have that in my little flippie book that BM encouraged us to keep with us so we can hide that Word in our hearts--and not let it get choked out!

Love ya sweet friend!
Susan

Unknown said...

Yolanda: I loved this post. It made me tear up!

How wonderful that by just taking that one step toward Jesus the woman with the blood was healed. Thousands of years later, one step toward Him still heals wholly and fully. God is quite awesome. So glad you put your trust in what He could do!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

You know I love this story. Your thoughts/feelings are much of what I felt when I acted the part of the woman at VBS recently. Even as we stretch our arms forth, he has stretched his forth for our healing. Loved the verse from Jeremiah.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your heart with truth, passion, and thankfulness for God's gift of grace. He is mighty to save, and yes, he has set eternity into the hearts of men (see Proverbs 3). I like to think of that verse when I hear the "hole" analogy.

Have a blessed day, friend.

peace~elaine

AK said...

Oh I loved that line from the poem! The way you told "your story" is almost identical to the way mine could be told. Sometimes it's really hard though (for me anyway) to be the "gentle" teacher because I just know how good life with Christ is now and I want others to stop living in sin and have that too...but like I once was they've never experienced that so it's not worth it to them. It can be really frustrating if we don't give the Lord control of out the ultimate outcome! Just a thought, added to your thoughts! Have a wonderful day!

Shirley Mary said...

Thanks for your visit and the comments that you wrote. I think that reading different blogs is like throwing a stone in the water. We never know how far the waves will go.
Each one of us has some thing different to share. . . to bless and be blessed!

I read your post about God healing you and also about the woman that touched the cloak of Jesus.

This is what came to me:
There were people all around Jesus but this one woman had faith to reach out and touch. I'm sure there were others in the crowd that also had deep needs but they didn't reach out.
Same way with prayer. There are many Christians that have needs but few have the faith to reach out and "touch the cloak" to be healed. I'm glad that you were one of those to reach out and experience healing for your pain.

I can't remember all the words to this song but some of the words are:
"Just to be His hand extended
Reaching out to the oppressed
Let me touch Him, let me touch Jesus
So that others may know and be blessed."

Yolanda, I can tell from your writing that this is your desire. . to touch Jesus and then touch the lives of others.
And I believe that is exactly what you are doing!

mary

Laura said...

Hi, Yolanda! I wasn't able to post on our Bible study this week, but thought I'd stop by and see what you are up to! I am so glad I did. What a powerful story. What a precious testimony. I just love to hear how Jesus has worked in the lives of others. I have never thought of the woman's bleeding as "pain I inflicted and pain received", but my, how your words open my eyes. I love that you have made me see these familiar scriptures in a new light!
Thank you, friend!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

My friend, I am in tears...my story is your story...cover to cover. He has birth a passion from my pain and it is coming to life too. We have so so much in common...these are good tears. I am sending you one huge hug right now!!

In His Graces~Pamela

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Girlfriend,

As Beth would say, "You have got to be stinkin kiddin me?"

I just read this post and I'm sitting here dumbstruck!

Yesterday, for whatever reason (GOD?) I was thinking if I wrote a book, what could I call it? I thought.."I'm definitely the woman at the well...so I could call it DRINKING FROM A DRIED UP WELL TO SWIMMING IN STREAMS OF LIVING WATER."
Then I thought...maybe I am like the "unclean woman who didn't think she should go near HIM with an issue of blood...but she just thought in faith...I'll just touch the hem of HIS garment since I'm considered impure".

I love when we have those same thoughts...only you articulate yours so much more passionately!

Love you bunches and praying for you,
Teri

Yolanda said...

I wanted to share reply's I have received from those that know me in the flesh vs the blog world:

Yolanda, that was so awesome, I could just about see you falling out of your seat writing that. I just imagined you not hardly being able to finish you were so so excited. Very Very meaningful and so vulnerable!! May that light shine on others as our Father's light has on you and may he receive all the GLORY!! Love you so much!!


Thank you so much for sharing your heart! I was also the woman at the well and the woman in need of Jesus’ touch. I thank Him so much for His grace and mercy that He has poured over me!



I think this is the most powerful one yet! ONE TOUCH!! Praise the Lord!

Lelia Chealey said...

Yolanda,
No wonder God connected us...no wonder. We have much in common~ashes exchanged for beauty.
Love your heart!!
And you!
Lelia

Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

Beautifully written, graciously expressed... Oh the mighty things God has done in us all. As Thanksgiving approaches, my heart overflows with gratitude for every moment, every relationship, every new encounter that presses me closer to His heart. Your post has been just that today. Thank you.