Girlfriends, how in the world are you? Yes, I am ok, just have had a full plate the past 10 days or so. We traveled to see some of our closest friends in Kentucky and what a GREAT time we had. I was home less than 48 hours before I was then in the car traveling for a Women's retreat with a dear Sister in Christ.
As I've been out of my immediate circle here at home, I have found myself over hearing conversations from others that are in the path of "drama" and "frustrations". I wonder why that is? I truly believe it is due to the point that we aren't taking our thoughts captive and being obedient to what God asks of us. Zechariah 7:10b "In your hearts do not think evil of each other."
Ouch...ouch....ouch. Does that step on someone's toes besides just me? It is so easy to find our thoughts traveling in the negative instead of the positive and when we aren't PUTTING ON CHRIST we are stepping off the narrow path.
What happens when we do so? Don't we have a train wreck? When our minds are wandering far from the things of God, we get derailed....EVERY TIME! Farther down to verse 13 "'When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,' says the LORD Almighty."
Has God been speaking to you, calling your name? Are you listening?
I would like to challenge you to pick up God's word, HEED THE WARNING, and step back on track.
"Finally, brothers (SISTERS), whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me--PUT IT INTO PRACTICE. And the God of peace will be with you." Philippians 4:8-9
**I added Sisters to hit home to my heart and yours what I see here for us THIS DAY**
Girlfriends, may we silence the negative and pour forth the positive!
Father, because I/we have fallen short by not always putting into practice what we have learned from Your word we come to You asking for forgiveness. Thank YOU Father, for we want to trust and obey You. To answer Your call, for when we need to call....You will answer also. Lord, place us once more on that beautiful narrow path and may all that are watching us proclaim...THE LORD IS NEAR. Giving YOU the Honor and Glory. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Welcome home, girlfriend! We have definitely missed you!
What a great post! Ouch! 'When I called, they did not listen; so when they called, I would not listen,' says the LORD Almighty." That one really encourages me to make sure that I am listening to Him!
I am leading "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God" and that is found in chapter 2! (Which is what we're studing this week!) Thanks for more insight to add!!
Hugs,
Susan
Glad you had such a wonderful holiday. Welcome Back!
Praying God will help me bring every thought captive under His control.
Blessings,
Joy
It was so good to SEE you here in Kentucky! You are so right about this post. And I am the number 1 guilty party. It is so easy to sit and talk, think, and lament about all that is wrong or bad, when we (I) should be thinking about and praising God for what is right, and listening to Him, and Him alone!
I too am the #1 guilty party! At this conference there was 450 women, and I came to realize, that you and I are not the only #1 guilty party, but for me, that still is no excuse. OUCH OUCH OUCH for Yolanda.
I find Phil. 4:8 so hard to live out! I am attempting to listen to God in everything but it is so east to get distracted. Thanks for the encouragment here!
I have missed you!
In His Graces~Pamela
I am so glad you are home! Yes, you are right about negative thoughts!
Let me bring every thought captive to make it obedient to HIM alone!
Love you and your heart for HIM!
Teri
Hi Yolanda, I found your blog link over at Leila's sign up for the bible study and I wanted to stop by and say hello.
I am so happy I did, I absolutely love your posts. I adore the word of God. I get so excited when I see or hear the word. Your post is very challenging and I too raise my hand high with the guilty sign attached to it. I wrote a poem this past week about the word of God and it convicted me so much when I realized what He asks and expects and where I actually am.
Lord, just help us to keep our thoughts focused on your word as we be made new in the attitude of our minds. Thank you Jesus.
Great post
Blessings,
Vickie
Keeping to his path...a daily choice I make. Not always an easy one, but one I must make to keep my heart and mind clear on things above! It's a quick jump off the tracks. Thanks for the reminder.
peace~elaine
Yolanda,
Yes, this does follow what I wrote last week.
Just now getting back online and visited you from your comment on mine. I fear going to my blog and seeing all the blogs I visit updated. I'm so behind because of Ike.
Thank you for an inspiring post! And yes, what a struggle it is somedays to keep our thoughts from being negative. Thank you for a wonderful reminder. Blessings!
Hi Yolanda,
Don't ever worry about being scared about something you write-- I think we all are! I haven't had any formal writing classes either and it has been years since college but I know we can learn to write well other ways.It's the doing it that is the hard part but we have to!
Thanks again and I'll be back!
Thanks for not holding back any punches Yolanda, for this is just what I needed to read tonight.
love ya,
Lelia
Post a Comment