The past 3 times while being on Maui, I have enjoyed some great quality time alone with God early in the morning, hunting treasure. And I also have been blessed on each trip to have one of my mornings shared with a friend or friends helping in the hunt.

I get so excited on these outings, praising Him, thanking Him, and yes, ever so gently sometimes just singing "Jesus, Jesus". Why you might ask? Because there is MUCH POWER IN HIS NAME! Sometimes I even ask Him, for specifics while I am in the ocean searching for these precious gems.
Isn't God's WORD like that, Sisters and Brothers? Every time you spend time and open up the Good Book, you are blessed with "gems"? Little NUGGETS. At times you are searching SOLO and others times you are blessed with the presence of others. Can you get an idea from this picture, of perhaps what the greatest NUGGET might be? What I see, without having meant to do so, was that there are THREE days of searching photographed. THREE! Isn't that just like the God-head? God, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Spirit. As well from this picture, I also see that the scriptures are beautiful separated, soaking up perhaps just one scripture at the moment.
Then....look what happens when I place all my treasures in ONE container.
The God-head is three in ONE. Aren't the pieces of sea glass beautiful on their own, but even more beautiful all in ONE container? God's word is like that, Friends. It is beautiful!
I pray that this visual encourages you to spend time in God's Word today, tomorrow, and forever. To dive in to the LIVING WATER, seeking out your own treasure, because there are many exciting hidden nuggets with-in.
Did you know:
Luke 19:40 Message "But he said, 'If they kept quiet, the stones would do it for them, shouting praise.'" THE ROCKS AND STONES WILL PRAISE HIM! Stones...sea glass? Rocks...do you see the corral in the pictures?
Same scripture from the New Living Translation: He replied, “If they kept quiet, the stones along the road would burst into cheers!”
Matthew 13:44 NIV "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field."
The NUGGET/TREASURE that I found just this morning from 2 Samuel 22:32 NIV:
For who is God besides the LORD ? And who is the Rock except our God?
Father,
Thank YOU for blessing me with such joy when I go on a treasure hunt. Especially the seeking that comes from spending time with You and in Your word. Remind me Father to not just seek out one scripture, but to look at it in the "whole". Lord, YOU are the greatest TREASURE of all TIMES. I love and adore You. Amen.
Let's go on a treasure hunt!
11 comments:
Love the visual...great word!
Hugs,
Melinda
Graet post! I have never seen Sea Glass before--at least I don't think so. I love how you used it for this devotional:)) Now you got me thinking...:)
What a beautiful post! Another wonderful treasure hunt that He blesses us: when we go out into the world, armed with His Word,and hunt for souls that need Him. The loved ones that are lost and undone without Jesus are wonderful treasures when we can help show them the Way!
Yolnada, this was wonderful! The sea glass is just beautiful, and I love how you tied it all together with the trinity! Luke 19:40 summed it up. Bless you, sweet friend!
Hugs,
Susan
Yolanda,
It's been a while. I've not left the blogging world, just been on a break. You know your treasure hunt of the sea glass is wonderful. If only, we as Christians could take our hobbies, our finds, our possesions and Praise God for them, the one who put it there for our joy, life would be so much better.
Many Thoughts
Tessa
Oh Yolanda, what a beautiful post. My heart is so excited about the word of the God.
Thank you for reminding us of the treasure of the word.
Blessings,
Vickie
good reminder, thank you. If anyone posts the type of markers they use that don't bleed through, would you please share with me??
Thanks
Oh my gosh these are beautiful! I love how you tied this into the spiritual! Sure wish I was with you. Keep bringing us these great peices of treasure!!
In His Graces~Pamela
I love the sea glass. Not long ago, my friend gave me a collection from her recent trip to the beach. It reminds me of the weathering ocean waters, making smooth that which was once rough.
Beautiful picture.
peace~elaine
Just popping in to say hello and thanks for stopping by with wonderful comments as always!! terri
You had a feast for sure both in His Word and in gems.
Good visual.
Are all of them sea glass or some traditional shells? They are beautiful for sure.
Love,
Paula
Post a Comment