My husband and I are enjoying several days of down time, with that I have become so much more aware of the magnificence of God because my life has slowed down for several days. For those of us having been in Beth Moore's "Believing God" study, these moments are called "GOD STOPS".
I had several God Stops yesterday and thought it was time, once again, to BRAG ON GOD!
Lying in the shade in the late afternoon reading the latest Karen Kingsbury book, a delightful family stopped to chat. Their teenage son had noticed that his Mother and I were reading the same book. This lovely woman was keeping her eyes on a narrow path due to her husband being blind. She is HIS EYES! Now how intentional is that? She paused their journey to comment on our reading material which transpired into a delightful long conversation with them. They were headed home in the morning for New Zealand. But even more importantly for me was the fact that she was the most beautiful servant to her husband. Something that God had just spoken to my heart earlier that morning in my own quiet time. To invest in Bill much more than I invest in my friends. God, Bill, family, then my friends, this is God's design Girlfriends. THANK YOU LORD FOR THIS LOVELY VISUAL GOD STOP!
But God didn't just stop there because we were so blessed to enjoy a special birthday celebration. If any of you know me very well, you know my love for children. What a joy it was to be in the presence of LIFE! The one on the right was the birthday girl, isn't this a GOD STOP?
One more thought was that we enjoyed a gorgeous sunset....the magnificence of God. A GOD STOP! Genesis 1:9 NIV "9 And God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters he called "seas." And God saw that it was good."
The creator of the world, wants you and I to SLOW DOWN and enjoy His presence. Have you?
Father, Thank You for the delight that You alone bring into my life. Pure joy, pure love, pure GOD. Father, when I get back into my normal day to day routine, I want to be more aware of You and so I thank You right now for each one of the God Stops that cause me to bend my knee and say, ONLY GOD. I love You Lord like crazy, Amen.
**Do you have your own GOD STOP to share with me?
7 comments:
This is so beautiful Yolanda. I just love that sunset and your sharing about the family. God is awesome isn't HE?
BTW thanks for stopping by and sharing some facts about you. Nice getting to know you a bit better.
Blessings,
Vickie
You are talking to me, girlfriend! The pictures are lovely!
Slowing down a bit to reflect in Him and to have His eyes. Have you heard that song,"Give Me Your Eyes?" I can't think of the singer right now--senior moment. But, the song is so perfect for your post.
Love you!
Susan
Remembered!!! It's by Brandon Heath
I'm reading her book too! Great pictures! Enjoy your relazing time!
I love you, Sweetpea! The pictures are beautiful as are the children!
GOD STOP - Perfect words for what you just said about GOD asking you to put more into your time with Bill than others - GOD, then Bill, then friends, etc.
THAT is what I am hearing too!!! Before you mentioned it, I heard the same thing in so many prayer times and Bible reading...
We are called to this, Yolanda! No matter what culture or how time may change, GOD'S daughters are called to honor their husbands with respect...no matter what.
I miss you and love you and have a beautiful time there!!!
Blessings,
Teri
I always love your posts. So spot-on. :D
I need to start actively looking for God Stops, so that I have something to share!
Blessings,
Sam
Breathtaking sunset. Rest well. I'll be looking for Him more intentionally tomorrow!
peace~elaine
Take me with you next time!!!!
I am convicted to live more intentionally. Thanks friend!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Post a Comment