Friday, November 14, 2008

How LOW can you go?

Does that ring a bell with you? How LOW can you go? It has been running in my brain, like a circle, unending for the past 12 hours. I've confessed to God, and now I'm confessing to you.


James 5:16 NIV "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective."




God doesn't want PERFECT, He is looking for PASSIONATE! I am not perfect, I will never claim to be, and no matter how hard I try I can not keep everything under control or swept so to speak under the rug. Lord, I pray that YOU find me passionate!







By now you are thinking, what did she do? I LOST IT! Fire engine red mad was I upon my arrival home last night.






We have had two young men in our home the past two days laying down wood laminate in our kitchen. They were hours late both mornings, arriving just close to noon. They asked Bill to be here both days to unhook and then re-hook the gas from the stove and the water line to our refrigerator. So the first morning he was here over an hour WAITING on them. Then yesterday he came twice to re-connect our appliances and neither time were they ready. My Man has had back surgery and so there was no way we could move those two appliances on our own, we needed TEAM WORK.



As a business owner myself, I know how word of mouth travels and if one desires to have a good reputation, then you do what you say you are going to do. Being a Christian is absolutely no different. When we are, the big letter H is applied to our chests! (HYPOCRITE)



I honestly don't want the H applied to me, and I'm positive neither do you. So I'm coming clean. And that fire engine red mad bit me in the BUTT! What caused the flame to get hotter was I met them on our 1/4 of a mile road coming home as they were leaving and I waved them down. They did not STOP! I was furious because I simply wanted to have them wait for Bill to get here to have the TEAM WORK to move the appliances back. I flagged them down out on the highway and told them, DEMANDED that they come back. Oh yeah, I was angry, can you tell?



I came on up to the house, came inside and just wanted to bawl. This is what I found:








They had moved back the appliances and hooked them up themselves. There will be a time that I can laugh about this, but for the moment I can't tell you how many times similar situations have happened to me.



I marched myself right out side and up to these two men and humbly apologized. I have asked God to forgive me and I know that He has, and now it takes just some time for me to forgive myself. LOW...low is where I went....lower than a snake, clear to the ground.



My scripture this morning just confirmed for me to share this with you:



1 Corinthians 10:12-13 "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it."


This was my prayer yesterday morning and this is my prayer today:

Dear God, please help me today to be the woman You created me to be. I trust You to replace my brokenness with beauty and power in every area of my life. Amen. And today I add, Father thank You for being a FORGIVING God, wrapping me in Your Love.


Sisters, be careful and don't think that you can't fall or get low. God is FAITHFUL and He will provide a way out. I'm wondering, what temptation has seized you lately that is common to man?

10 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Don't be so hard on yourself--unfortunately we are human and mess up! But you were so right to apologize and I bet that went a long way:)) BTW--your floor looks wondeful!! Love your stove!!
It is hard to live the life as a Christian and I am thankful our father forgives us so often.

Vickie said...

Oh Yolanda, that was a tough one, but I am glad you immediately went about rectifying the situation by apologizing. All God asks is that as soon as we recognize that we've sin, we come to Him, without delay.

I did get a little chuckle out of the whole thing. I bet your face was fire-engine red by then :)

Blessings,
Vickie

The Farmer Files said...

Just a testimony to how much we all need Jesus. I love your stove,too!

Paula V said...

Oh how it is so easy to be tempted especially when it comes to such emotional things. I say emotional because I do see this an emotional thing...frustrated with their previous tardious, you only anticipated the same kind of attendance/help/work.

I can so relate to beating oneself up, knowing we are forgiven but needing time to forgive ourselves.

I love 1 Cor. 10:13.

Melinda said...

I often feel like I move two steps forward and three steps back! Amen? I think the important thing is realizing our setbacks, making amends and continuing to move forward. Which is exactly what you did!

I'm with Terri - the floor does look lovely. :o)

Hugs,
Melinda

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I love you! You are my Girl! Little "Spitfire" for Jesus :-)

Seriously, that is something those men won't forget. Think about it...How many people apologize and show that Christians are not perfect people who look down at others...But forgiven people who forgive and ask forgiveness..

You are a beautiful, passionate woman..for HIM. It's your gift!

Blessings and big hugs!
Teri
p.s. Going to the specialist tomorrow..say a prayer for me!

Anonymous said...

Yolanda,
I didn't want to comment until I had dwelled on your question. It really inspired me. I think we all have been there. The difference as Christians is that we have this "voice" telling us we were WRONG and if we are God fearing people, we do make it right, as soon as possible. I cherish your truthfulness in this post. This describes how I commonly feel towards my husband. I get fire engine red with him more than I should.

Yolanda said...

tried to leave a comment several times on your post. Don't understand why it won't "take."

Love your floor and your stove! Love your humble apology. You are a teachable spirit...a teaching spirit. A good mix in my opinion.

peace for the journey~elaine
http://peaceforthejourney.blogspot.com

Michelle Bentham Blogspot said...

Hey Yolanda, thanks for the word of encouragement about my comment over at LPM. When I think of how low I can go these days it is usually FACE DOWN in prayer. But, then there is the problem of getting back up again - which is not a problem most days. So I just pray for my knees and back while I'm down there.

Just kidding about getting up being a problem, but I do go face down often these days. So... How Low Can You Go?

jennyhope said...

Bless your sweet heart!! Oh last night I got on to morgan for something and she didn't do it. I had to go humble myself and apologize to her! I hate when I do that!!!
That is the coolest stove/oven!!!