Good morning! If you are reading this and you are a United States Veteran or serving this moment in the Armed Forces, I personally want to THANK YOU. Thank you for my freedom, thank you for protecting me, and thank you for serving our country!
It has been a full 7 days since many of us went to the voting polls. And I would imagine that you have been no different than me in the fact that the past 7 days you have found yourself seeking God more than ever before.
In this wonderful country that I live in, we have freedom. Freedom means that we have choices, and that we are allowed to make choices. God's economy is no different. We have choices: good/evil, right/wrong, narrow path/wide path, God/Satan and even God/self.
Honestly, when Tuesday 10:00 p.m. rolled around here in my own home, I was shell-shocked. STUNNED. I turned to my Man and said, in the morning when we awake, God could allow the people to over-rule the electoral votes. Sisters, He could have, but He chose not to. Why?
I think we all are having confirmed to us what we as BELIEVERS already knew. That God is on the throne. He is in control. He is sovereign. He and He alone knows. WE CAN STAND ON THIS!
I have personally had women that go to church and attend bible studies tell me that they voted for Barak Obama. They had a choice, just like I had, but our choice doesn't match. I wonder what we are standing for? Traditional Marriage, cloning, promoting homosexuality, human life, protection with the war, abortion? And with those choices, do they align with the Word of God? If not, are we standing for God and His Truths?
I went to God yesterday late afternoon with a heavy heart as once again someone shared their voting choice in a very prideful way. I know that I know that I must be very real, honest, and vulnerable here. But this is what God spoke to the very depths of my soul. "I am separating the goats from the sheep." Voting for either candidate is not a sin, but what we stand for could possibly be.
Ezekiel 34:17 NLT "“And as for you, my flock, this is what the Sovereign Lord says to his people: I will judge between one animal of the flock and another, separating the sheep from the goats."
I wanted to look at this in the NKJ also: "And as for you, O My flock, thus says the Lord GOD: “Behold, I shall judge between sheep and sheep, between rams and goats."
Matthew 25:32 NIV "All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats."
I love how what God spoke to me as I questioned, "WHY?". He responded with what He has spoken to us both in the Old Testament and in the New Testament, how awesome is that?
Lord, once again, I pray for those that have been elected to run our Nation. That they be found on their knees seeking YOU. And then walking in the path that You direct them to. Lord, speak, for your servant is listening and she desires to be found standing for YOU!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Oh Amen! Thank you for sharing this! And thank you for your wonderful comments on my blog. Your love for our Lord shines through so beautifully!
Good insight for Veteran's Day today.
Thanks for sharing.
Marilyn
God is sovereign. Before this time in history came, He knew it would come. It did not surprise Him. We can confidently and securely rest in Him.
"In the beginning, Lord, You laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of Your hands. They will perish, but You remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will roll them up like a robe; like a garment they will be changed. But You remain the same and your years will never end." Hebrews 1:10:12
Be blessed this Veterans Day
Vickie
I shared in your shock on Nov. 5th. (I didn't stay up to watch the results as I knew they could change once all counts were tabulated.) I agree that God is so much on His throne and He could've overturned the outcome. I don't necessarily believe that the presidents we have or the presidents to come are His will. I say this because He allows free will. His will would be for my beloved to turn from his sinful path and follow God's will (per His word) in our marriage. As of yet, that has not happened because God will not force His hand nor His will on us. He will not force my beloved to change his ways. He will not force this country and it's people to vote a certain way. He allows us free choice. We get the President the majority chose and then God will make good from our choices.
I've heard many since last Tuesday talk about God being in control and the President is the one God chose. I agree with the first but do not necessarily agree with the second. We don't know which candidate was God's Will but we do know He allowed this choice for whatever reason. Him being in control does not equate to His will being played out. Now, this is all my two cents and as you very well know two cents will not buy you anything these days. So, it's not worth much but felt impressed to share.
I love how you keep changing your photo.
Love,
Paula
That is my desire too...to be found standing for Him! Great post!
Finally beginning to round the corner on hope again. Thank you for your heart, friend.
peace~elaine
The passion that you have for God can never be denied. Keep seeking and sharing Him sister!!
Love you much,
Lelia
Yolanda,
This is a wonderful post. With our country pulling so far from God (as a whole) and into such a more relaxed, anything goes country I have realized, once the candidates were annonced that this is what we have allowed it to come down to. Eighty five percent of this Great Nation profess to be Christians. If all 85% of us had been down on our knees for this country many things that has occured may have been different.
It seems as though us few, seemingly far less than 85% need to pray fervently for our Nation and it's leaders. I had to pray with most honesty to Jesus the night before the election. I almost talked myself out of voting on Sunday, I feared voting for either-I just knew that I was going to stand in judgement for my vote. I asked God to show me if my decision was wrong before time to go to the polls, so now all I can do is to pray for the one who will be in office in January.
The word fervently came to my mind...and this is scripture that I found with that word in it:
Colossians 4:12 KJV
Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
and
1 Peter 1:22 KJV
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Yes, THANK YOU VETERANS!! And you know Yolanda-I went to bed before the election was fully predicted and I was at peace because I know this is all of God's plans-not mine-God's and we need to rest in that. More importantly, we need to be more bold in our faith!!
Love ya!
In His Graces~Pamela
Just stopping by to say hi and that you are an awesome encourager!
Post a Comment