Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Would you join me?

Father,

Your Will! Barak Obama was elected yesterday as our 44th President of the United States of America. The land that was founded on YOUR PRINCIPLES, and for freedom. May we UNITE and bend our knee for this man and his family to lift him in prayer to seek You. Our world has a first as of last night, an African-American; may there be no prejudice found in us. Father, we choose to not live in fear. We have hope, the hope of Jesus Christ. I will be honest, that the fear I do have are for those that have not come to know You....yet! For they are hopeless at this point. Father, I ask that You would humble Barak Obama, that he would be found on his knees before You, seeking Your WISDOM to lead our Nation into God-ly principles more than ever before. That he would give his heart to You and for You. Father, that he would have integrity and truly live for You as You would come to live/dwell deep in his heart. That GOOD fruit would be produced and grown to fruition. A new man as the old would depart. Father, may we be found today on our knees, bathing our Nation and our President-elect Barak Obama in prayers. We humbly beseech You Lord Jesus Christ. Amen.



1 Timothy 2:1-2 NIV "I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness."

14 comments:

Terri Tiffany said...

Thank you Yolanda for this prayer. We need to be praying for our new president that he would seek God in all his decisions.

I have no fear as I know God is in control of everything in our country.

And yes--salvation is the ultimate perfect gift!

Samantha said...

Amen Amen Amen!

Melinda said...

Praying and believing with you, friend!

calista said...

Amen, and amen sister.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Beautiful prayer, and very needed. I'm tired, friend. Praying for a better rest tonight and fresher perspective tomorrow.

How I love my blogging friends!

peace~elaine

Paula V said...

Amen, sister!!!
Love,
Paula

Pat said...

Amen,
Beautiful prayer Yolanda. Thank you for a precious expression of GOD talk!!
I agree with it!!
Blessings,
Pat

Vickie said...

Agreeing wholeheartedly with you in prayer.

Blessings,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

I agree with what you have said in your prayer. I have been trying to pray about this for a while now. God's will has been done. I know a lot of people have been praying about this election and I feel that God allowed the one he wanted in there.

Now here comes that word, embrace...We have to embrace the will of God and know that it has been done, not to question his decision and to PRAY without ceasing for God's leadership to be accepted by our President-Elect and that he would follow God.

Love ya and your wisdom
Tessa

Becca said...

Great post! This is my first time visiting your blog and it was only after a post I made today regarding the election and my thoughts and opinions. I have to say the prayer you posted as well as the verse from Timothy has helped me regain perspective on the entire situation.

God's Girl said...

Amen to that prayer!
Awesome!

calista said...

Thanks for the advice on the pen!!

Lelia Chealey said...

Amen Yolanda!
I told Alivia the morning after we must pray for the Obamas. I can't imagine having his job or her role as his wife. Life as they knew it is gone.
God is in control...this I believe.
love you!!
Lelia
I'm without a computer so blogging is so limited for me. :(

{darlene} said...

beautiful. simply beautiful.
Thank you for this prayer.

I look forward to visiting your blog!