Wednesday, December 24, 2008

To Us A Child Is Born

I am enjoying the excitement that I am sensing all around me and causing me to be ever so thankful that God chose to place me in the plains of Kansas. Wide open spaces, and in my small community where I can share Jesus.

Over 2,000 years ago God intended for our Savior to be born in human flesh. He already was, because He was in the very beginning, He was THE BEGINNING. The excitement continues to flame in my heart this morning, Christmas eve, because God's intentions included a plan for OUR REDEMPTION! I am choosing to celebrate with other Believers in the next 12-36 hours of His birth. The vision that comes so easily to me because I was raised with animals, living on a farm.

We do not know the exact hour or day of His birth because I believe God knew we would make an idol out of that. And in many ways I believe we have with over spending and many that participate without even knowing what Christmas really is all about. This then causes you and I to have an opening to share with others just what His birth truly birthed for us. It causes me to reflect upon my King and Lord and rejoice that His plans included me and they include YOU. To give Him honor, to praise His Name, and not only on Christmas the day we celebrate Jesus' birth, but every day.

And with that, I have been reflecting upon just that....His Name. Isaiah 9:6 is the verse that my husband and I have placed in our local paper the past few years the week of Christmas. I didn't do that this year because of my own conviction, but I want to share that scripture with you now:

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


I wander just who or what you are pursuing these days?

Wealth...or the Wonderful Counselor
Man...or the Mighty God
Everything but God...or the Everlasting Father
Power & praise...or the Prince of Peace

Father, I pray that those I know and those that I don't know will bow the knee this week to YOUR SON that was given for us and to us. Our eyes placed on Jesus the One and Only! THE GIFT more precious than gold or silver, the GIFT of Eternal Life. That we would be found sharing "To Us A Child Is Born". Thank You Father for the birth of Christ as well as the Cross at Calvary. I ask that we would not seek stuff but that we would be found seeking The Savior. Amen.


Reaching for Higher Grounds,
Lovingly and a VERY MERRY CHRISTmas!
Yolanda

10 comments:

Molly said...

Loved your post, Girl!
You are a talent. Bless you this Holiday Season.
Merry Christmas!
Molly

Vickie said...

Great post Yolanda. You absolutely blessed my heart.

Have a wonderful Christmas.

Vickie

Laura said...

Amen, and Merry Christmas!

Beth Herring said...

Wonderful words, Yolanda. I enjoy coming to your posts. They are always full of great truths!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Beth

The Farmer Files said...

Amen! I still need to get to the meme!

Anonymous said...

Yolanda,
I just found your blog from another that I follow.
I love your prayer! I choose Jesus!
He alone is my King!
I posted on my blog on Dec. 2nd a poem that would appear in our local newspaper. It has always moved me!
Blessings to you and your home,
Miriam :)
p.s.- I love Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word"!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

From His birth to the cross I am humbled and amazed. I, like you, choose to honor Him this season and everyday. So how are you doing? Everything ok? I have ben praying for you!!!

Have a blessed New Year friend.

In His Graces~Pamela

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I did the 8 things finally...not the least bit exciting but I thought I would let you know!

Love you!
T
p.s. the word verification on your blog was "redstox"...Mark will be thrilled...a sign his RedSox may win this year!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh my sweet friend, God has used your words in my life again!!!

I bought the "Prayers of my Heart" journal both you and Lelia had suggested. I have a column for each person and item that I plan to pray for daily. In the Sunday box of each column I place a verse to praying over that item or person for that week. I have a column for our ministeries and I had not yet found a piece of scripture...until I looked up James 3:17 which you left me. How perfect to pray these things for the three ministeries we are involved in. Thank you friend!!

Did I say you are a blessing? Your are!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Anonymous said...

Yolanda,
Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement!
I was on another blog and someone was asking you if you felt better. (sorry, I don't remember which one--I've been lost in blog world this afternoon :) May I add-- I hope you are too!
Siestas clinging to His word,
Miriam