Saturday, December 20, 2008

White as snow

Girlfriends, how is spreading the love of Christ coming along? Has the fragrance been sweet the past few days, or pretty dad gum stinky?



I sat down this morning and read the whole book of James. Now don't go thinking that it took me hours, there are only 5 short chapters in James and you can do it if I can. My attention span is not that great, but I'm praying that God does a miracle in that department for 2009!




Coming away from this time in God's Word, I'm reflecting upon situations that I have been involved with this year as well as my friends. I have a family situation that is nearing two full years of rejection to me, complete rejection. But I choose to love them, I choose to pray for them, and I am BELIEVING GOD THAT THERE WILL COME A TIME OF RESTORATION. I read an awesome quote this morning that I absolutely love: There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness. -Josh Billings




With that, I challenge you to look at the offenses of others as being blanketed with snow. We can't even begin to see what lies underneath, and honestly we aren't supposed to. LET IT GO!! Their sins and OURS are covered and you need only to see the white, pure, covering that Jesus provides.




Psalm 51:7 NIV "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow." Isaiah 1:18 NIV ""Come now, let us reason together," says the LORD. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."




Now just oblige me here, but let's look at Isaiah 1:17-19 The Message: "Come. Sit down. Let's argue this out." This is God's Message: "If your sins are blood-red, they'll be snow-white. If they're red like crimson, they'll be like wool. If you'll willingly obey, you'll feast like kings. But if you're willful and stubborn, you'll die like dogs." That's right. God says so."




Forgiveness in my thoughts this morning is just that....a beautiful covering of snow. And by choosing this you and I will feast like kings, not die like dogs.




Lord, let it be!




12 comments:

Melinda said...

Beautiful! A wonderful word for me to pass along to my daughter who's suffering some rejection of her own.

Blessings dear one and so much love to you!
Melinda

Laura said...

Your optimism is contagious! I love the uplifting tone of this message, Yolanda. This time of year, the rifts between us and those we love can seem even wider. I love that you are choosing to have faith instead of despair!

I will pray for your situation, friend. Your last comment on my blog touched my heart so deeply. Thank you for sharing your heart.

Merry Christmas!

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

When I consider the covering of my own sins, I often wonder why it's sometimes so hard to offer that grace to others. A life lesson, my friend.

Love the picture. Wish we had some snow over here! I was in shorts today. Something not quite right about that this time of year.

peace~elaine

God Chaser said...

Thank you for sharing this lesson on forgivness. White as snow how god favors us-He cleanse up regardless of how red our sin what a mighty god we serve-may others see me covered in snow as I strive to see only their snow.

Beth Herring said...

Hey Yolanda, I don't have any areas of rejection, but I have a real need that has to do with forgiveness. This kinda hit my right between the eyes! I needed this scripture and your wisdom so much. Thank you for your obedience to God's leading.

Much joy to you!

Beth

sammie said...

Hey Yolanda, I am doing Esther so you know I'm reading so much. Today Isaiah 44:24-28 Just Jumped off the page and blessed me. Have a Merry Christmas.

sammie said...

Yolanda I'm doing Esther by myself without the videos. I use studies as my devotionals in the AM before work. Its like the healing baum after living in the world all day.

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Beautiful and annointed Girlfriend!
The Father has been driving that point home in my heart and mind this entire year - and for good reason.

I've beginning to realize two important things, Yolanda. When you truly experience deep down the amazing grace of your own redemption and how undeserving of it we were - forgiveness of others starts to flow from there.

Second thing is that really deep wounds are like a thorn in the flesh sometimes and keep us before the Father when they rise up and threaten to overtake us with anger.

I love the quote you read! I read one that was similar yesterday.

Our GOD continues to purify and sanctify HIS children as we live in an increasing wicked exile!

Love you and all you do for HIS kingdom and His glory!
Teri

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Hey Girlfriend!!

I found the quote I read about "forgiving and not forgiving"..

"You cannot hate someone enough to make yourself feel better"...

Isn't that the truth??!! I am exhibit A on that evidence..I have tried it, worn the t-shirts for years and bought more and it DOES NOT work!

Love and blessings,
Teri

Vickie said...

Hi there Yolanda, thank you so much for this post. I have a situation of rejection in my family as well for the past few years. Someone so very dear to me and all of my efforts have been met with the same reaction.

Recently what God has placed on my heart is to pray for them every single day. In doing so it has pushed out the feelings of bitterness and resentment that wanted to come up within me.

It's not about me, it's all about Him getting the glory out of every situation.

I thank God for His word and His Holy Spirit. I am daily asking for His cleansing and His forgiveness that covers us like the snow.

Have a wonderful Christ-filled Christmas and a bountiful New Year filled with His presence.

Vickie

Unknown said...

I like your reference to snow. Makes we think of that song "when I see the blood I will pass, I will pass over you." Take courage my dear you have the heart of Christ to love beyond what is convenient. I like your blog. Saw your blog and stopped by.

Paula V said...

I love the book of James. It is my favorite. It is so well-rounded in that it covers so many issues for the Christian life and walk. It's a great book of instruction on how to live and handle things.

I pray your family issues result in an amazing restoration that brings God's glory out to shine for all to see. I know how it feel to be rejected by those (the one) you love so dearly. I know the deep, deep pain that goes with that. I'm living it still and maybe for the remaining of my life...I don't know.

I so agree that no revenge is as great as forgiveness. We cannot control whether others will forgive us (justified or not); we can only live our life forgiving...sometimes that means forgiving every day and recommiting to our Lord to forgive again. I know times, I've forgiven and then the anger rears it's ugly head signifying i need to "renew" my forgiveness of that person. I struggle mostly with forgiving those who've hurt me and don't recognize they've done anything. It doesn't mean they deserve any less forgiveness; it just means my flesh struggles with it more.

Have a blessed Christmas, Yolanda.