I really don't want to disclose any text material for those that are working through the Esther study that was written by Beth Moore titled, "Esther, It's Tough Being A Woman".
What I do want to tell you is this...I'm doin' the "thang" and God is really convicting me and showing me some areas this week that need to be dealt with. Are you finding yourself in a similar situation with Him? I'm so thankful for studies that God uses in my life to feel like He and I are in a class room with TRUE application. I want to also tell you that this has not been fun for me, but I am joyful because I know that I know that the Lord loves me.
Why, might you ask? Proverbs 3:11-13 is TRUTH to my veins. I believe ALL of God' word! Out of the NIV version: "My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline and do not resent his rebuke, because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in. Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding"
Sisters, if you happen to be working through something with God, His word and the help of a sound bible teacher/study, I want you to know, that I'm praying for you. Stand firm with God and spit in the enemy's face. I'm asking you, would you pray for me as well?
Father, I/we do not despise Your discipline. I/we will not and do not resent Your rebuke because You discipline those that You love, as a Father towards the DAUGHTER You delight in. I know that You love me/us. Father, I/we call myself/ourselves blessed because we are finding wisdom and gaining understanding. Equip us Father, equip us. In the MIGHTY Saving Name of Jesus. AMEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
You said it perfectly, thanks for this post.
I'm doing the "thang" too. I am really loving the study.
I was so sad that we had to cancel last night's meeting, but the weather was too bad.
I can't believe your hubby doesn't like those no-bake cookies. Ummmm, no I really don't know of anyone who doesn't like them. ;) That's funny that he thinks they taste like cardboard. I always say those baked chips taste like cardboard.
Wish you lived closer so you could come over and have some cookies with me.
Have a great day Yolanda.
Valerie
Yes-that is my prayer for us-equipp us!!
And He is. What "glorious inexpressible joy" that is (1Peter 1:8&9).
In His Graces~Pamela
Joining you in this prayer!
Blessings - Lisa
Yes, Yolanda. The Lord is really speaking to me in this study about some thangs that I REALLY needed to hear! Sometimes it is hard to admit that I need to hear these things, but that is when i know that it is really true!
Love ya sista,
Beth
I wanna do the study! Waaaaaaaah. My group just finished a Jennifer Rothchild study, and I think we're looking at Kay Arthur next... but I am so missing me some Beth Moore!
Thanks for your thoughts, Yolanda. No discipline seems fun at the time, but the eternal reward that it reaps makes it so worth it. I'll pray for you.. you pray for me. :)
This sounds like a great Bible Study! I hope that we can offer it at our church soon!
Love ya,
Susan
I am on second week of homework with Esther in our study. I think I told you it was Tessa, my pastors wife, Donna and myself.
Last night I teared up and almost cried, but didn't. The little orphan girl - that was my mother at age 6, but GOD used that to break a cycle in that line of the family. She didn't come from a godly home, by any means.
Then when she was talking about the legacy of being a godly Mom to your children - well...I dropped the ball. They had a happy childhood, but teen years our family started crumbling and no one was reaching out to GOD.
When she said "your history is part of your destiny and your future" I was so relieved. GOD knew what would be the fallout and only HE knows how it can be redeemed.
I could go on and on, but I've got errands to run.
Love you,
Teri
Praying for all of us, sweet friend!
I can't wait to do Esther...but I guess I'll have to. The Lord has me directed toward other studies right now. But the time is coming for Esther.
In-depth Bible study is sooooo important to me. It literally keeps me out of the pit.
Leah
Getting geared up to facilitate this in 2 weeks with a group of 40 women at my church. I've worked through the entire study myself and have gleaned so much! I am someone who is always involved in a study, with our without others. I love to learn from solid, Biblical teachers. Beth is one of the best. Keep doing the "thang!"
Have a great week.
peace~elaine
Yolanda--
You were right about the snow! We are snowed in again! Supposed to get the freezing rain tonight. Probably have two boys home again tomorrow...
That said, I can't wait to do the 'thang with God! We will have our third video on Friday and hope to find out what you are referring to! Hope weather permits our study, as I just read about Valerie's experience.
I am so enjoying the homework...
Love you, Yolanda! He gives the strength to walk the walk He asks of us.
Yolanda...Teri and I just started the "thang" and are on chapter 2. I can't wait to get deep into it..(I left my book at home-I ususally use my lunch to work on it). We watched the video Monday night!!!
I love Beth...she has been so honest with this.
Tess
I'm happy to have found your blog, Yolanda. I look forward to reading more of your posts.
Hi Yolanda! I've over from "Over the Backyard Fence"... love this post. Obedience is what God wants from us bc he LOVES us. I want to do the THANG too!!! :) Great post....
um yeah. Totally feeling his discipline right now and am so sad. You and I both so desire to please Him - and when He is perfectly clear about an apology that needs to be said, I am slain! Girl, I'm only doing Daniel Ch 3 and living with integrity. But whatever "doin the thang" means in Esther, I'm pretty sure I'm doing it - even here in Daniel! love you!
Thanks for this post! I've enjoyed visiting your blog today.
Great words Yolanda! I'm praying with you and for you. Thanks for your encouraging words, they mean a lot!! Blessings, Jill
Thanks for visiting my blog today. I love your blog as well. I have felt so much at home here today. I can't wait to sit down with a cup of coffee and just read several of your posts at one time. This post was awesome. I am currently in CBS (Community Bible Study) which I love, but I am planning on taking Esther in a couple of weeks. I am excited about this "thang" that you are talking about. Thanks again for sharing some powerful truths here today.
Post a Comment