Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hot, Cold..perhaps even lukewarm?

This morning, the day after the Inauguration of President Barak Obama, many are looking for our new President to save the world and for the United States to have a new beginning. I'm not sure that this doesn't happen each election. This concerns me this morning as I am hearing this from the body of Christ.

The reason behind my pen this morning is perhaps we've become lukewarm. We possibly aren't being found hot or cold by Christ and if Christ doesn't see us as one or the other, then believe me, the world doesn't either.

Revelation 3:15-17 NIV in context...."I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.'"

Brothers and Sisters, this isn't a political debate (1 Timothy 2:1-2), while I may not have voted the way you did, the reason for my post is that I want to encourage you to become on fire like you were the day you gave your heart to Him. Do you remember how you weren't lukewarm in that season of your life? I pray that you will stir yourself to a bright flame...a LIGHT in this dark world. 2 Timothy 1:6a NIV "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God," Where are you or I placing our eyes?

Honestly, President Obama can not save the world and he won't for there is only One Savior of the world, Jesus Christ. Mr. Obama can not create a new beginning. Yes we have a new season, but not a beginning. God is very adamant as well as black and white in Deuteronomy 5:6-8 NIV "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. You shall have no other gods before me. You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below."

Father, please cause our hearts to hunger and thirst for righteousness. For us to be found in fellowship with you, instead of being spat out. I know that I know what I need is YOU. Not money, not things, not a false god, but YOU. Lord thank you that Your mercies are new every day, and they don't ride on the fact of having a new President. They ride on the fact of being found in Your word, on my knee's in repentance, chatting and listening to YOU. May we be found putting our hope and trust in You, Father. I love ya so, as I continue to reach for Higher Grounds. Amen.

Written with a heart of love for each one of you,
Yolanda Rogers
Higher Grounds

12 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh AMEN! Beautifully said.

LisaShaw said...

Well said!!!

You are speaking like LisaB from AGMinistries.org you may want to visit what she wrote today.

www.agministries.org is her link.

Heather C said...

Lovely post! I know those lukewarm periods all too well. I'm thankful that my heart is currently on FIRE... and I pray to remain steadfast in His Word so that it stays that way. Thanks for the reminder that it is GOD alone who saves. We can all use that from time to time, can't we? :)

Tea with Tiffany said...

Great words and prayer.

Thank you for visiting my blog and commenting with kindness.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Very well said and so true! Nothing I can add!

God bless!

Marilyn

Paula V said...

It does seem there's an attitude of a new President, this new president saving America and solving our problems. As you said, there is only ONE Savior and only one person to save our world and conquer our problems. Only HIM!

Beth Herring said...

Yolanda, you hit the nail right on the head. We have got to stand firm - stay focused on Christ. We have to remain burning with that contagious flame!

Beautiful post, girl!

In Him,
Beth

luvmy4sons said...

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. My e-mail is listed in my profile! And Amen! We will not be saved by any political figure. Yet I pray he does an amazing job and heeds God's voice as he leads!

Judy said...

Well said, Yolanda.

We are not to place our faith in any man...and our hope does not lie with man.

I am stammied by the "followers of Christ" who have invariably drank the kool-aid and completely lost their common sense.

We are warned that even the elect will be deceived. I think we may be seeing that in great proportion.

Thank you for stopping by my blog.

Vickie said...

Great post Yolanda.


Vickie

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Good message Yolanda. Needs to be taken seriously!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Margie said...

Amen! This is a great post. I believe the time is so short that we have left. We as Christians need to stay focused on what is important and that is to see souls saved.

So many are counting on these world leaders for peace on earth, but there will be no peace on this earth until Christ returns.

I will be praying for President Obama that he seeks the Lord's will in his decisions and in his life.

Have a lovely day!
Margie :)