I'm thinking that my "motto" for 2009 is "Living for Jesus". Do you that think if I would put that front and center in all that I do and where I am most of the time, like an actual location, that Christ might increase more in me and that I might decrease? That my life would draw closer to my precious Lord and Savior with my flesh actually dying more than it ever has?
Guess what? That is my motto and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yolanda is LIVING FOR JESUS in 2009!
I get so encouraged and my spirit gets stirred when I'm surrounded by Sisters that are hungry for God's word, hungry for MORE of God, hungry to place God's word in their hearts, hungry to share GOD with others, hungry to learn to apply God's word....that just causes me to clean my plate Friend. The Daily Bread God has for me doesn't linger to grow stale....it is internalized.
Our Pastor Sunday morning preached from Esther 4:13-16. Our Ladies Community Bible Study group starts Esther, It's Tough Being A Woman by Beth Moore this Thursday evening. A year ago one of the hottest Christian movie's was "One Night With The King". Esther is being talked about and studied in-depth in many women's groups. Praise God for His precious word!
I felt like I truly had an epiphany moment Sunday morning during our services as we were encouraged to realize that God has a purpose for us in 2009. That we truly are in a situation "for such a time as this". I wrote on my sermon notes..."Yolanda, God has an assignment for you!" This got me to thinking, am I ready? Am I willing? Will I go the extra mile to show Jesus or be Jesus on this "assignment" for 2009? One assignment of perhaps many has already been given to me. I didn't ask for it, I didn't expect it, I had no idea until it was laid in my lap and I want the world to know.....I will not shrink back! I will trust my heavenly Father because His ways are best. I know, I've been livin' this thang for close to 10 years, I've seen God's mighty hand and if He wants my participation, well then...here I am Lord.
My question to both myself and to you is this:
Do I realize that God has placed me in this assignment because He has prepared me "for such a time as this?"
Father, thank You for speaking to me through my Pastor. Thank You that I have bowed my knee to become Your servant, may I be found LIVING FOR JESUS not only in 2009 but the rest of my life. Lord, continue to prepare my heart for the assignment You have set before me. That I may be found on task for YOU and that You Word would dwell richly in me. Lord there is simply nothing this world could offer that could EVER BE BETTER THAN YOU. I love You like crazy!! Amen.
Guess what? That is my motto and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yolanda is LIVING FOR JESUS in 2009!
I get so encouraged and my spirit gets stirred when I'm surrounded by Sisters that are hungry for God's word, hungry for MORE of God, hungry to place God's word in their hearts, hungry to share GOD with others, hungry to learn to apply God's word....that just causes me to clean my plate Friend. The Daily Bread God has for me doesn't linger to grow stale....it is internalized.
Our Pastor Sunday morning preached from Esther 4:13-16. Our Ladies Community Bible Study group starts Esther, It's Tough Being A Woman by Beth Moore this Thursday evening. A year ago one of the hottest Christian movie's was "One Night With The King". Esther is being talked about and studied in-depth in many women's groups. Praise God for His precious word!
I felt like I truly had an epiphany moment Sunday morning during our services as we were encouraged to realize that God has a purpose for us in 2009. That we truly are in a situation "for such a time as this". I wrote on my sermon notes..."Yolanda, God has an assignment for you!" This got me to thinking, am I ready? Am I willing? Will I go the extra mile to show Jesus or be Jesus on this "assignment" for 2009? One assignment of perhaps many has already been given to me. I didn't ask for it, I didn't expect it, I had no idea until it was laid in my lap and I want the world to know.....I will not shrink back! I will trust my heavenly Father because His ways are best. I know, I've been livin' this thang for close to 10 years, I've seen God's mighty hand and if He wants my participation, well then...here I am Lord.
My question to both myself and to you is this:
Do I realize that God has placed me in this assignment because He has prepared me "for such a time as this?"
Father, thank You for speaking to me through my Pastor. Thank You that I have bowed my knee to become Your servant, may I be found LIVING FOR JESUS not only in 2009 but the rest of my life. Lord, continue to prepare my heart for the assignment You have set before me. That I may be found on task for YOU and that You Word would dwell richly in me. Lord there is simply nothing this world could offer that could EVER BE BETTER THAN YOU. I love You like crazy!! Amen.
UPDATE....Girlfriend alert...look what I just got blessed with at 10:05 1/8/08 by a Sister in Christ. Thank you KRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
19 comments:
Dear Yolanda,
I joined you in your prayer to the Lord!
I feel-- no, I believe this year will be a year of testing of Christians like it was for Esther and the Hebrew people in a place that was not favoring them.
We as Christians need to have our hearts prepared and minds focused on the One who called us to this time and task. Time to fragrant ourselves in His word and will! May we find favor in His sight!
Blessings, dear Siesta,
Miriam :)
For such a time as this..yes...it is all about living for Jesus and I am beside you in this!!
In His Graces~Pamela
I got the following last week from Max Lucado's daily devotions:
Packed for a Purpose
Thursday, January 01, 2009
“He has filled them with skill.”
Exodus 35:35 NKJV
You were born prepacked. God looked at your entire life. Determined your assignment, and gave you the tools to do the job.
Before traveling, you do something similar. You consider the demands of the journey and pack accordingly. Cold weather? Bring a jacket. Business meeting? Carry the laptop. Time with grandchildren? Better take some sneakers and pain medication.
God did the same with you. Joe will research animals…install curiosity. Meagan will lead a private school…an extra dose of management. I need Eric to comfort the sick…include a healthy share of compassion. Denalyn will marry Max…instill a double portion of patience.
God packed you on purpose for a purpose.
___________________________
Don't you just love that? He packed us ON PURPOSE FOR A PURPOSE! Awesome! So, YES, I do believe it - we are all in this generation because that's where God has uniquely placed us and equipped us to be. We just have to be willing, and I AM, oh yes ma'am!
Living for Jesus! I love it! Couldn't be a better motto, Yolanda. Our women are starting the Esther study this week too. I'm so excited! I have always loved this story, and loved One Night With the King. I think I'll have the ladies over to my house when we finish the study to watch the movie!
How awesome that you have met Jennifer Rothschild! I have done only one other study by her, but enjoyed it tremendously! She is a very inspiring lady, you are sooo right.
Blessings to you as you live for Him!
love,
laura
Our ladies at church are starting Beth Moore's study of Esther next Mon. I'm the facilitator of the group.
I previewed lesson one and it's so great! We'll have to share insight with one another during the study.
That's pretty neat that your pastor spoke on Esther.
You are going to love the Esther study, friend. I'll be leading it beginning in February with our group. I've worked through about half of it. When you get to the week about "such a time as this"...you're going to be all over it, I can tell!
I believe that God has a special assignment for all of us this year. It may be small or huge; regardless, it will be ours to walk.
I'm looking forward to following your journey and to seeing all the ways our Father will grow your heart this year.
peace~elaine
Great post! We all need to realize that we indeed are put where we are for "something"....but whether or not we meet that challenge may depend on what choices we make along the way. I want to make right choices but I don't always! I pray the Lord will help me be a more pliable servant!
I,too, am planning to start the Esther Bible study with a women's group this month.
Marilyn
P.S. Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog today!
OH how this speaks to me. We (christians) have to be willing to lay aside ourselves and step aside in our own lives to let God work through us. He did know our plans for us...he does know everything about us...He is the almighty and he is King.
His way is always the best way and if and when we get to a place in life where we can submit ourselves to our groom (the Lord)it is so much better!
Love ya
Tessa
As I visit from blog to blog and listen to my girlfriends I am noticing something- God is calling and we are responding - could it be "for such a time as this?" Is He preparing us for something so when that day comes we won't be surprised? We'll be prepared!
Yolanda--you get me really excited about God and what His plans are!! I love your energy and willingness to always serve!
Count me in...living for Jesus...hungry for more of Him and His Word. I admit that sometimes I feel I should be in the Word but I get busy or tired and don't do it. I do read every morning before work without fail. But I like to do more in the evening and I can make excuses. My point being it never fails that when I'm in the word, I soak it up. I get sucked in and drawn to it. I read something and then want to search another verse and read the notes and then led to another chapter and verse and then led to search the index to see all the verses on a certain word...etc, etc. It's awesome. I've always said I wish I could memorize only 1%. I know lots of it by paraphrasing, several by memorization. But, I still want more. It's good stuff, huh?! Amen.
I believe it...an assignment for such a time as this. I cling to His purpose in my life...His purpose in my marital trial, His purpose in my unsold house. I know He has me here for a time and most importantly for HIS reasons even in the midst of my deep frustration and pain because I can't see any fruit from His working or can't see the whole fruit, the big picture.
Love,
Paula
Hey Yolanda, I too am so excited about this New Year in Christ.
I just had a meeting with my study group last Saturday and I charged them along with myself to not just sit and study the word as we do every Saturday but to get up and act on His word.
It is great to see and hear that many are seeking to draw closer to God and to step out there and work for Him.
Blessings,
Vickie
Yolanda, you always lift me up and put me on "higher ground" with your post. I too want to live for Jesus.
I am so excited about Esther. Can't wait to hear about your first class tonight. I will be praying for y'all.
Seeking Him,
Beth
Hi Yolanda!
I'm love your motto for 2009!
LIVING FOR JESUS!
Your new blog picture is so cute and you look so happy. Your light does SHINE!!!
Lea
I LOVE IT! What a blessing and a confirmation. Thanks for sharing it with me.
Yolanda,
How nice of your sister in Christ!
Miriam :)
OK...we need to have blog t-shirts made for us all!!! Awesome!
In His Graces~Pamela
So enjoying my time catching up on all my blog reading this evening. This is wonderful!!!!
Our Pastor just started a new series entitled, "Live BIG". I know this year will invite me to step out of my comfort zone and follow Him further.
Your shirt is an amazing testimony. I LOVE IT!!!! Have I shared my motto for this year with you yet? It's: His will be mine in 2009.
Simply Jesus.
Blessings,
Joy
LOVE that shirt Siesta! I truly believe 2009 will be an awesome year for us each to experience Jesus and I'm so excited. Love this post!!!
Post a Comment