What causes you to like someone more than another? Yep, I'm getting pretty bold here, but I'm looking for some honesty and to be thought provoking. Encouraging you as I have a desire to share with you what I, myself, am learning in my own daily bible reading time. For the past couple of days, I've been in Numbers where God is leading His people out of Egypt towards the Promised Land.
God called for specific men to be sent into the land of Canaan, ahead of all the other men, women and children. The men, a total of 12, 1 from each tribe, reported back to Moses, Aaron and the people of Israel at Kadesh after scouting/exploring the land of Canaan for FORTY DAYS. Can you imagine being in one place on a journey for 40 days....waiting? Girlfriends...WISDOM WAITS! But Caleb's statement is profound in Numbers 13:30: "We can certainly conquer it!", and yet look at the very next verse with me. Vs 31: " But the men who had gone up with him said, 'We can't attack those people; they are stronger than we are.'"
What is it with hope vs despair? Optimism vs pessimism? Yes we can vs no we can't? Certainly there are times of "no" needing to be the path we take. But not in this case, because God had already told them He was sending them to a land filled with milk and honey. The land He was giving them. He is a good God, He will not send us where He won't lead us, carry us, provide for us. He has shown Himself so faithful to them and to us, why won't we believe? Why won't we trust Him?
Back to my opening statement, what causes you to like someone more than another? Isn't it because they are positive, adventurous, have hope, optimistic, and hungry for more of God? They are intentional in watching for Him, believing in Him, TRUSTING Him? Which will you and I found to be, Caleb & Joshua or the other 10? Will we see God's strength, or stumble because of our own weakness? Will we, you and I, have an imagination that stoops to fear, or will we believe God for BIG THINGS???? Vs 11 of Chapter 14 causes my heart to just truly weep and be broken..."Will they never believe me", words of the Lord to Moses about the Israelites.
Yet, look with me at Verse 24 from the New Living Translation: "But my servant Caleb has a different attitude than the others have. He has remained loyal to me, so I will bring him into the land he explored. His descendants will possess their full share of that land. "
Let's vow to be different than the world! To remember that God directs our steps and we BELIEVE Him. To remain loyal to the One True God!
Father, Your word is full of wisdom and moments that teach me so much daily. Lord, I want a hot hungry heart for more of You now, tomorrow and always. I want that attitude that was found in Caleb by You. I want to be loyal to You, to be Your servant, to truly have You increase and myself decrease. Carry me Lord, carry me. For Your lips to say...Yolanda BELIEVED Me! My Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I love to be around an encouraging spirit! I have found so much of this in blog land. I would have given up a long time ago without it. I love that God gives us one another for sharpening and for lifting up along the way. You've been a good friend to me Yolanda. Thanks.
peace~elaine
Oh Yolanda! It's so good to hear from you what God has been showing you. His words through you have stirred my spirit to be counted with Caleb & Joshua & Yolanda!Blessings - Lisa
I needed this so badly this morning. I took the chemo meds and today I'm going to Johnson City to the doctor (one more doctor) and I was feeling so unlike Caleb!
I asked GOD to help and guide me into HIS truth even if I don't "feel" like Caleb, to just do the thang and not say I can't. I CAN do all things through CHRIST WHO STRENGTHENS ME!
Looks like I got a new verse for memory on February 1!
Love you to pieces,
Teri
Yolanda,
This was one of your best posts. I love to be around people who have hope and trust in God's provisions especially when I start to falter in my own area.
Yes.. I am definitely more attracted to people who seem secure -- secure in their faith, secure in their God, secure in who they are, secure in what they're doing... the list goes on and on. It's sad, really, because people who are insecure probably need friends even more than those who are comfortable in their own skin, and yet their lack of self-esteem (or healthy sense of who they are in Christ) causes others to shrink back.
How I want to be a Caleb or a Joshua! Great post, Yolanda!
That's one reason I like "being" with you so much :)
You are such an encouraging and positive person! Just seeing your smile brightens my day.
I am working on being this person. Closer to God, yes!
Love ya!
Laura
Oh AMEN Yolanda! This is so good and has so much to think about and reflect on.
"Will we, you and I, have an imagination that stoops to fear, or will we believe God for BIG THINGS????"
The answer is both yes and YES. I believe God for the BIG things and took a HUGE step in trusting Him in a certain matter. But I also sometimes find myself in fear and wondering if I'm off track.
Thanks for the encouragement. I'm with you and want to Trust like Caleb did.
It is SO wonderful to be around those that exude Christ and invite you to stand on the solid ground they enjoy AND employ! It's what I gravitate toward and what I hope is found in me.
Excellent post, friend! Blessings on you this day,
Melinda
What a great post.... Thanks for sharing what God gave you. Oh man, my prayer is your prayer my Friend. Let us be more like Christ and less like the world. And, let us be a light to those He places in our paths. A~Men.
Great words and definitely more encouragement God meant for me to read. Thank you and thanks for your comments to keep doing the thing. I actually posted a bit about that very thing today and am looking for some insight, so if you have a few minutes I'd love to hear what you have to say. Thanks, Jill
Oh Yolanda, I so love people who love God and have a huge appetite for His word. You are definitely one of them.
I am now reading in Exodus and I am amazed at the faithfulness of God even when the people complained to Moses over and over.
Thank you for sharing this awesome post.
Blessings,
Vickie
Let us hold fast to that which we KNOW and BELIEVE. I want to be bold for Christ. It's so easy to be strong when things are good, not so easy when the trials come. I had to remind myself of that just today. Thanks for your strength and encouragement.
Love ya - Beth
Ever so slowly, with alot, and I do mean ALOT of prayer, I'm opening up the places where my heart got shattered and Satan got a foothold.
But his foothold and my day of disaster was meant for my total destruction and GOD used it to bring a testimony to HIS amazing grace and love.
It's slow but it's at http://breakingupthefallowground.blogspot.com/
You can get to it from my website, but keep praying...
Love ya,
Teri
Hi Yolanda! So glad you're joining in the letter game. Your letter is C. Looking forward to reading!
Rich blessings to you!!
Hi Yolanda! Now I get to stop by YOUR place and with your first post, I'm saying...so glad I stopped here! Your heart for the Lord is certainly evident. What powerful encouragement to be a light for Christ to all. Caleb is indeed an awesome example. Thanks for sharing this today. = )
Blessings,
Tracy
Post a Comment