"Give me an eagerness for your decrees; do not inflict me with love for money!" Psalm 119:36 NLT
Did you realize that we all are intoxicated? Yes, it's true! Intoxicated has a meaning besides "alcohol", from Merriam-Webster I learned it is an adjective and means "affected by". We all are affected by something or someone.
Intoxicated, hmmm, then I began to relate it in terms of being enticed or what I desire. I then went to Merriam-Webster's Thesaurus and found to be interesting two specific synonyms for intoxicated. Confused.....sentimental.
I have to be totally honest with you that there was a time that I was intoxicated by alcohol, by lust, and many other "confusing" gods and I still fight my eyes in the lust department. I thoroughly enjoy a beautiful handbag! Don't even get me started on neat bibles, book bags or shoes.
But then there came a time when I no longer had the desire to have more than one alcoholic beverage. I became enticed with my Girlfriend's love for the Lord. I desired that type of a walk, that type of a love, that type of a fulfillment. A healing that I could not find in being intoxicated with things of the world. I learned that God wasn't about Sunday morning sitting on a pew. I came to realize and hunger for that daily intimate relationship with Him. His love for me and forgiveness, Sisters, has totally intoxicated me. Has His love intoxicated you? Are you being captivated by Him? Oh, I dearly hope so and long for others to come to love Him and serve Him.
Since the announcement of our retirement I've had a few Sisters in Christ say to me that they were jealous. That they could not afford to do so. That they wished or hoped or even longed for that day to be able to do something different. I realize in today's economy that many are not able to do so but I want to encourage you to learn to be content IN GOD. Not in finances, not in status, not in stuff, because if we are enticed by these things then that has become our god. Really, when is enough, enough? We are intoxicated by things that CONFUSE us as to who our god is, God tells us that He will not share His glory. Is He your God?
Father God, thank You for Your TRUTHS that stand today just as they did the day you spoke them into existence. Thank YOU for enticing me to fall head over heals in love with You. Father, I hope that my love for You causes another to be intoxicated for You. Lord, cause us to fan to flame our very own unique walk and relationship with You. Lord, I (we) desire to be found loving You more today than yesterday. In Christ's precious name. Amen.
Lovingly,
Yolanda (Higher Grounds)
15 comments:
As I wrote yesterday, I am "deep in love" with my Lord. I guess that makes me downright intoxicated by His love for me. My desire is to have that love affect every area of my life. I'm truly a work in progress as I empty out all of Lisa and allow His love to fill every crack and every crevice.
Blessings - Lisa
Yes, I am intoxicated by Christ! The more I dig into His Word, the more I want to keep on digging!
We do need to be content with where we are. If we get so caught up in the what-if's and the incontentment, those things can become a god to us. We can focus more on the have-nots than on the haves.
Luv ya sister!
Oh I am absolutely 100% so intoxicated with the Lord! If you get the desire, check out a post that I wrote on 3/8/09 A Pulsating Heart-Pure, Magnificent & Holy. I wrote it while communing with God. It was a powerful time in deep prayer with the Lord.
I so loved this post. We are together, you and I, in our intense feelings for Him.
Hugs,
Alleluiabelle
I am so intoxicated with HIM!!!
Great post my friend!
In His Graces~Pamela
CAPTIVATED--INTOXICATED--CONTENT AND OVERWHELMED IN HIS LOVE is what I feel about JESUS because there was a time when other things grabbed my attention easily but now...IT'S JESUS THAT HAS MY FULL HEART.
Thank you for this beautiful message and God bless you and your husband on your continued journey.
Love you sister.
Your musings today brought these verses to my mind:
"And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filed with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;"
Ephesians 5: 18-20
It looks like we are being told to be "intoxicated" with the Holy Spirit of God.
Good lesson today!
Marilyn
A thousand congratulations on your retirement. I pray it is all you want it to be and more.
I so want to be intoxicated by Jesus for the rest of my life. I never want to go back to being intoxicated by the pitiful things that drew me in years past.
Have a blessed day.
leah
This was one of the best posts, Yolanda! I had never thought of intoxicated that way--hadn't looked it up either!! Yes,I am intoxicated with Christ's love and want even more!! As one of your comments read, less of me and more of Him. It's not easy! But He will be with us each step of the way!
Hugs,
Susan
BTW, I plan on running for the first time tomorrow! Legs are still talking to me! Sad to get old!! :)
Yolanda,
It's a struggle daily to remain focused on God's will and not the things going on in the world.
It's a challenge and something that God is continuing a great work in my life. I, like you, don't care for alcohol any longer. It actually makes me sick.
I never had an issue with that or most material things for that matter since my parents raised me to do without since we didn't have much.
Just being content with what God gives me daily is where I keep my daily focus. Sometimes He gives more, othertimes, He gives less.
Thanks for this wonderful post!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
I am intoxicated in His Presence and also by His Word! And when those two things come together - I can't get enough of Him - because His LOVE pours out upon me and I am UNDONE!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]
I am captivated and desire to be intoxicated by His holy presence. I want my whole being to affected by His touch. Let nothing be left within me that is not of Him!
Shalom,
Densie
hmm...
this was good. thought provoking for me. I am at times, overwhelmed/intoxicated with His love for me. Today I am finding it hard... trying to deal with some guilt for some choices made...
well. I could write a book here... check out my most recent post on the book study with Lelia, and you will see what i mean.
Thanks for the encouragement.
God bless,
Heather
Well, just reading this makes me more intoxicated with my Jesus than ever. He is all I need and then some! Hope your week is going well.
peace~elaine
Hi Yolanda, Reading your post for today once again brought so much excitement to my heart...that many of us on blogland share the same love and passion for Jesus, our God and King. I know what you mean about being content. If we have food and clothing, we have enough. Often, more than enough...
Thank you dear Jesus for Yolanda's heart and how You are using her life words to be an inspiration to her readers.
Hello, I'm back on this comment page to let you know that:
You've been tagged! Visit my May 7 post. Thanks!
Post a Comment