Ecclesiastes 11: 3-4 The Message: "When the clouds are full of water, it rains. When the wind blows down a tree, it lies where it falls. Don't sit there watching the wind. Do your own work. Don't stare at the clouds. Get on with your life." Look at verse 4 from the Amplified: "He who observes the wind [and waits for all conditions to be favorable] will not sow, and he who regards the clouds will not reap."
Retirement doesn't mean slowing down or doing nothing, it means getting on with my life. Not that I wasn't doing life before, but for me personally, my life has come to life in less than 30 days. Oh the joy! Sowing seeds....the seeds God has given me. Doing my own work, the work God has in store for me.
With the morning glory desire, that meant that I needed something for them to climb. I remembered we had an old beat down piece of lattice work that we had bought years ago as a shade covering for our basset hound's kennel. Look at what I've been up to....
I love how God takes the dirt, the old, the soiled beat down of our own lives, and paints us with a fresh covering of Himself. "'Come now, let us reason together,' says the LORD. 'Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.'" Isaiah 1:18 NIV.
Father God, I thank You for cleansing me as white as snow. White like my lattice work for the morning glories, because I too am climbing up out of the pit to raise my hands UP TO YOU! My mornings are filled with YOUR glory. Lord, thank You for those that have been used by You to plant seeds into my own life, living LIFE. You alone give me life more abundantly, and I praise You Father. In the saving name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lovingly-----Yolanda at Higher Grounds
14 comments:
This post makes me smile. I love the joy that overflows from your heart. I love the glory that belongs to Him alone each morning and all day long. I can't wait to see your morning glories in full bloom.
When we go to Houston - we may have to stay more than just a few days! We are so going to get into the Word together!!!
What a beautiful post.Such a blessing! I can not wait to see what they look like in bloom! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye
what fun...i may have to do that sometime this summer...i have a great sidewall that morning glories should do great on...
have a great thursday :)
Seeds amaze me. Something so tiny...sometimes almost invisible to the eye, can be planted, watered and make the most beautiful plants. Of course you have to add the will of GOD in there! HE is just so amazing with all HE can do with so little. Plant those seeds, in the dirt of not only the ground, but the dirt of the world...we may get a Tulip or Rose to bloom!
So very thankful that God can and will use anyone in any condition. I sure have come to Him in some pitiful conditions.
Leah
Your place looks great! I love what you did with the lattice. You are always so upbeat:)
Yolanda,
I am so envious about your open space to plant. I am afraid, that I am at my limits to what else I can plant since we live in the city.
How I crave wide open spaces with room for vegetable gardens.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Look at you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU REALLY DID IT DIDN'T YOU????
It looks maaaaaaaaaaaavelous girl!
I'm sooooo tickled! THOSE MORNING
GLORIES ARE GOING TO CLIMB CLIMB CLIMB COZ YOU'RE PLANTIN THEM IN GOOD SOIL!
Loved the verse you shared and your JOY sounds like a hallelujah choir singing to the rafters!
YOU ARE THEE BEST!
HAPPY RETIRMENT!
SHOULD I send you a chicken along with your flowerbulbs? heehee
DO you still have the bassets?
Dear Yolanda, your joy is simply contagious! I loved that pic of you beaming while painting the lattice... oh please be sure to post pictures of the morning glories.
Thanks for sharing your heart.
You have a lovely background for your morning glories. They take time, but what joy as they climb higher and higher. I too, had memories from childhood and planted them at different times. Once they grew up my mailbox stake and through the holes in the box. I have great pictures of the different years. May your seeds be hearty and fruitful, the flower ones and the spiritual ones.
Beautiful! You really do exude the joy of Him, Yolanda...looking forward to a hug in person! And some pics of those glorious morning glories!!
Hugs,
Melinda
Oh there's nothing like a garden full of flowers!!! I spent a day two weeks ago on my hands and knees
tearing apart my pond filter, draining the pond halfway down and cleaning it and then putting it all back together. Why? Because THAT is where my best flower garden is. The pond is in the middle of all the flowers.
I too love morning glories. I have hot pink ones that now seed themselves. I wish I had some blue ones this year! Hum - I'll have to see if I can find some seeds of blue.
Enjoy every minute of watching them climb the clean white lattice - up to the heavens!
Oh - what we women will do ourselves to bring the beauty of God's creation - just a little closer! YOU GO GIRL!!!
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]
I LOVE morning glories! I always have to have some planted somewhere to look at. My favorites are the heavenly blue ones.
Isn't it wonderful to know that God always has work for us to do, and if we are willing to do it, He'll show us what it is. We never have to be bored or idle, there is always something to be done for Him!
Have a lovely day!
Margie :)
Post a Comment