Tuesday, May 19, 2009

What does HOPE look like?

I hope that I can look like that. I hope that my children don't act that way. I hope that she won't remember how I treated her. I hope that my husband will love me forever. I hope that I will not spend eternity in hell. I hope........

You and I were created by a WONDERFUL and LOVING GOD. We are lovely to Him. Psalm 139:13-15 NIV "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place."

Walking with integrity and character inside the home as well as outside the home will help guide your children. We must begin to match our walk with our talk. Proverbs 22:6 NIV "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it." Notice this is a promise, and we don't know how that child will be from youth to old, but WHEN he is old....Praise You Father, Praise You. We all have free-will and make poor choices; but I also BELIEVE GOD.

As humans we have an internal "c-drive" that doesn't forget, but Praise God!!! When we come to Him with a true repentative heart, he forgets. Psalm 103:12 NIV "as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." It may be in the Message but I have written in my margin from sunrise to sunset. Girlfriend and Guy friends, that is not even measurable....He erases it from the record book. He has a delete button, it is GONE! Oh, Glory to God!!!

Love....we are humans and humans are not God. God will love you forever, place your heart in His hands. Jeremiah 31:3 NIV "The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: 'I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.'" Ladies, we are told to respect and submit to our husband and they are told to love us as Christ loves the church. If we don't respect them why in the world would they love us? (Please, I'm speaking to myself as well!) Ephesians 5:24-26 NIV "Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word."

John 3:16 NIV "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:36 NIV "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God's wrath remains on him."

Promises.....TRUTH.....this is what HOPE looks like to me, and I pray this is what HOPE looks like to you as well. If you feel a little "hope-less" this morning, open God's word and drink it in. Let it wash over you and fill you to over flowing once again. He loves you precious one, He loves YOU.

Lovingly,
Yolanda

16 comments:

Melinda said...

Beautiful. Simply Beautiful.

XO Melinda

Lisa said...

Hope looks like Jesus! Jesus is LOVE. Jesus is TRUTH! Jesus is the WORD! When He is our hope, we are never left hopeless.

I join with you in praising our loving God! There is NO ONE like Him!

Love You Yolanda!

Beth Herring said...

I agree with Lisa - Hope is Jesus!

We spend so much time hoping that we sometimes forget that we have to just live in Christ.

I like what Beth Moore said one time - "we spend too much time wishing and whinin' and not enough time believing and receiving"

Love you sister - Beth

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Hope! One of my very favorite words! As Christians we can have hope of eternal life with Christ. And at the opposite end of the spectrum is NO hope. How horrible it must be to be lost and without hope! And the saddest thing is that many people don't even know they are in such a hopeless situation. That's where we come in. To give them the gospel and to give them HOPE! I don't really know what HOPE looks like but I know it makes me smile! :)

Love ya,

Marilyn

Leah Adams said...

As I travel around and speak, I find that HOPE is something that is universally in short supply--especially in these difficult times in which we live. Thanks for a GOOD word, friend.

Leah

Anonymous said...

I love this...I have often wondered why I wasn't a wild child, but it was because-I was trained up in the ways of the Lord...I was taught HE was real...

Thank you
Tessa

Yolanda said...

Just came across an awesome scripture or two this morning in Isaiah from NLT:

43:1b I have called you by name; you are mine.


43:7 All who claim me as their God will come, for I have made them for my gory. It was I who created them.

43:25 I - yes, I alone - am the one who blots out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again.

TRUTH SHARER said...

I love how you equated TRUTH with HOPE! Because really, our HOPE comes from God and God's TRUTH - and apart from that - we have no hope!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

Stephanie said...

Yolanda thanks for visiting my post. I truly enjoyed yours on Hope. It is such a joy to me to be thirsty and hungry for his word

Van said...

First step - match our talk with our walk. What a great idea! Now to follow through!

LisaShaw said...

This was a precious message Yolanda and I agree with Lisa that HOPE LOOKS LIKE JESUS. Hope is Jesus.

Blessings and peace. Love ya.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

While God forgets, there are others who don't. I was reminded of that this morning when I went to the mailbox and retrieved a letter from a lawyer. Yes, I must keep to the Word in seasons like this. How thankful I am for a Father who doesn't hold my "sin" against me. What marvelous grace is this?

peace~elaine

Nancy said...

I found you through Beth Moore's blog. Your essay was so helpful. I love the part about "when they are old, they will not depart..." I have an older child and what a faith booster that is to me. I am a new blogger and hope I can be as encouraging to someone else as you have been to me this morning.

Crown of Beauty said...

Hope doesn't disappoint!

Anyone can reach the end and overcome any obstacle just as long as he holds on to Hope!

Thank you for this encouraging post!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

WOW...you have no ideal the timing of your post here to events over the last 48 hours in my life. Thank you friend. I can always count on you without even asking...

In His Graces~Pamela

Leaon Mary said...

~HOPE~
I will forever see that word with new eyes thanks to you Yolanda!
JESUS IS LORD!
WHOOhOoOO
L