Monday, June 29, 2009

Where is God's love?

Two words continue over and over in my spirit for days now. FRAGRANCE and SPLASH. The middle of this picture is our granddaughter and she certainly causes a smile to come across my face and heart. I'm thinking this picture will bring a smile to yours as well. Children are so pure with much zeal for life.

Girlfriend, did a smile appear? Isn't that splashing God's love and bringing joy not matter the length of time? Splash in Merriam-Webster's thesaurus reads: to flow along or against. I want to take this in the direction of the positive...to flow along with God's love. HOW COOL! HOW REFRESHING! MUCH NEEDED! Then I really got tickled as I looked at related words to "splash": drench, drown, impregnate, saturate, soak, sop, souse, steep; bathe, douse, wash, water, wet; throw; spray; slop, sprinkle; squirt.
That is exactly what I desire for US...to be drenched with God's love, to be impregnated with it, to be saturated because we've soaked up all He has for US. Bathed in Him so much that we have the fragrance of Christ.
2 Corinthians 2:14-15 NIV "But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."
Where is God's love? I see it right here!
Because I have allowed God to take up residence in my heart, I'm able to be that very woman found in Isaiah 54:1-2 Message: " 'Sing, barren woman, who has never had a baby. Fill the air with song, you who've never experienced childbirth! You're ending up with far more children than all those childbearing women.' God says so! 'Clear lots of ground for your tents! Make your tents large. Spread out! Think big!' "
I also see God's love here! These are two of many blessings that God has BLESSED me with for a spiritual family. My grandchildren! I'm singing this morning and I'm also thinking BIG! I desire for God's love to be emitting as a sweet aroma from with-in due to the splashing I partake in from His Word . Thank You Father, oh thank You Lord. I am thankful for my step-daughter and her family! Blowing kisses to the One I love, Jesus Christ! Delighted for the Higher Grounds God walks with me. Lovingly......Yolanda

16 comments:

Melinda said...

I just love your heart Yolanda! YOU have a zeal for life that is contagious! Thanks for sharing your world with us and "splashing" us with His love!

Hugs,
Melinda

P.S. Those kiddos are CUTIE PATOOTIES!

Lisa said...

Beautiful smiles from beautiful hearts.

TRUTH SHARER said...

I love to be splashed with God and His Word! Drenched is more my style!

How precious are those little ones! I have my family visiting too, and they truly are precious in His sight - and mine [and yours]!

Blessings to all of you....
Great post!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship - and the One Who splashes me - daily with His love]

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Beautiful pictures of your grandchildren! You can just see love, grace and beauty splashing from them all over!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Oh how sweet, sweet, sweet!!! They are just adorable! And of COURSE it made me smile!!! :)

I agree with Melinda....you have such a loving heart! And God is blessing you for that!

Love ya,
Marilyn

Alleluiabelle said...

Dear Yolanda,

Your grandchildren are absolutely beautiful and your words today, along with His Word...saturate my mind, heart and soul...truly saturate me. They made me feel REFRESHED and that was MUCH NEEDED!

You touched me deeply today my friend. Deeply.

Love you,
Alleluiabelle

Leaon Mary said...

Ohhhh YEAH I smiled!
heeheehaahaahhoohoo!
Your photos are beautiful!
I pray you are so splashed with His love that you NEVER EVER "dry out, or dry off!"

Holykisses!!!!!!!
Lea

Beth Herring said...

Totally splashing with you! Were we like on the same page today or what!!!

Laura said...

made me smile...

they are beautiful, Yo!

Thanks for the text the other day, brought another smile in the midst of a busy work day. Such a thoughtful lady you are!

sending hugs!

Edie said...

How absolutely precious! I am in full agreement with you. Those little one are an abundant pouring out of God's Love splashing all over everyone they come near. :)

Gran Jan said...

Yolanda: Yes! A smile appeared and partly because I am "Gran Jan," and I am loving being a grandmother too!

Your grandchild are beautiful, absolutely beautiful children! The joy of your heart splashes over on to them!

And to me!

Much love,
Jan

Runner Mom said...

Your grandbabies are precious!! What fun with the splashing and swimming! I love the different definitions that you listed. I want to be saturated in His Word! Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Hugs,
Susan

Terri Tiffany said...

I bet,no, I know you are probably the best grandma around! They are adorable!

Crown of Beauty said...

What happy joyful pictures! I really smiled while I was reading your post, and felt like jumping into the water, for a splash!

Thanks for that big smile on your face, and on the children's faces too!

What an uplift your post gave me today.

Leah Adams said...

Yolanda, you did bring a smile to my heart. So glad I didn't miss these pictures and this post. I'm way out of blogging touch on this vacation but I logged on this morning and I'm glad I did. I really needed the reminder that I am drenched in God's love and mercy.

Have a great week, friend,

Leah

Vickie said...

What a beautiful post Yolanda. The love of God truly has been shed abroad in your heart.

Awesome pics as well :)

Blessings,
Vickie