Friday, September 4, 2009

Glory of God

But when Jesus heard about it he said, “Lazarus’s sickness will not end in death. No, it happened for the glory of God so that the Son of God will receive glory from this.” John 11:4 NLT

With so much sickness in the world around us, as well as suffering, it is a very natural thing to question why? Why Lord? Why is .... suffering with cancer? Why Lord is ..... suffering with this stroke?

It happened for the glory of God, that He would receive glory from this. Isn't that the very reason behind our purpose here on earth? To bring honor and GLORY to His Name?

Exodus 9:15-17 NIV: For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the earth. But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth. You still set yourself against my people and will not let them go.


Please know from my heart to yours, that I honestly don't have the answers, but I know that God does and that His Word has answers. That is where I MUST place my trust and where I choose to place my trust. I'm not making light of any hurts or suffering, it surrounds us all.

Father, Not my will but YOURS. May my words and actions today and the tomorrows after that bring HONOR and GLORY to YOUR NAME. Amen.


Lovingly,
Yolanda


**I wrote this early this morning after my husband received a phone call to quickly come to the hospital. Then I placed it as an edit instead of going ahead and posting. Close to noon we decided to take a break and come home for just bit and then head back to the hospital. While being here at home my husband asked me: "Yolanda, what is the answer? What do I say when I'm being asked why God would allow something to happen?". My reply to him, "Babe, God placed something on my heart this morning, and I simply think the answer is, that through our actions and reactions, to be aware of others as much as possible and to simply bring Honor and Glory to God." God is SOVEREIGN.

11 comments:

Andrea said...

AMEN~~Praising GOD for the word..HIS word given to you and through you to us.
Blessings, andrea

Andrea said...

BTW: I always forget to tell you. I love your blog header!

Paula V said...

I love the story of Lazarus. It's one I've clung to. A story not of healing the sick but of raising the dead. It is one I closely relate to as He did not heal my sick marriage but will raise my dead marriage...all for His glory and in His time and in His way.

He even has perfect timing when speaking to your heart and hubs.

It IS a very hard thing to explain especially to a non-believer. It's one we don't have a hard concrete answer to that most people want. If a person doesn't believe in God, it's even harder to believe in why He doesn't heal this person or relieve that.

Anonymous said...

Oh Yolanda...I LOVE the scriptures about Lazarus...for so many reasons...God has shown me a man raised from the dead and because these scriptures SPEAK to me...I go back to them over and over I learn something new each and everytime...I had posted about Lazarus a long time ago this year...Just went back and re-read it...I had added this scripture to the end:

John 11:40-41

40: Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God? 41: Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.


The last scripture there really speaks to me! I hope that it will speak to you and who ever comes this way...

Love ya
Tessa

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

See God had a point in having you leave last minute so hubby could help you answer the question that all of us believers and unbelievers alike want to know.

I believe it's not what is happening to someone that begs to ask the question "Why?" but those of us around ask the question instead. Some people receive so much love and grace just being around others dealing with whatever God hands them. We learn so much watching someone die gracefully and full of peace going home to be with the Lord. It still doesn't always answer our question as to why, but in time, I believe we find those out.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

This is just what I need as I prepare to head to the church to pray. Love those verses and that will be my contribution for our scripture time tonight.

Still praying mightily for sweet Marie.

Love to you and to Bill,

Vickie said...

Yolanda, it is not easy to always trust God, especially in times of sickness, but I believe that when we truly get to know Him we will trust Him no matter the circumstances.

Even if He never heals again, He is still the Great Healer.

Blessings,
Vickie

Melinda said...

Amen and amen. It's all about bringing glory to God. All of it.

Hugs,
Melinda

Lisa said...

You've hit a huge nail right on the head. We are here to bring Him glory, nut just in the good times, but especially in the hard times. So often that's where our testimony is the most effective.

It's also a time when our faith goes from being untested, to becomes the very foundation of who we are.

Love Ya my friend!
Lisa

Leah Adams said...

His name and His renown must be the desire of our heart in everything that He allows into our lives. So often it is difficult to remember that in the middle of the battle but if we can, we will bring glory to Him and only to Him.

Leah

Leaon Mary said...

HEYYYY YOOoOoOoo!
Just came by Higher Grounds to see what's new... and tell ya:
I LOVE YA HONEY!
Smoochy holykisses
xoxo

Havin a hallelujah party with you!