Thursday, September 17, 2009

God knows our hearts

Remember Saul? Saul, who persecuted the church? Saul, who had an EMMAUS experience on the road to Damascus? Saul, who God changed his name to Paul?

Oh, what hope you and I have because of the examples God chose to give to us through Paul in HIS PRESERVED WORD!

Acts 9:26 NLT

"When Saul arrived in Jerusalem, he tried to meet with the believers, but they were all afraid of him. They thought he was only pretending to be a believer?"

I know that word well, pretending. Perhaps even as a reproach that others attached the word, pretending onto me in the beginning of my walk. Why? Because I had a 180 degree conversion due to the melting of my heart, the opening of my eyes, the understanding that ALL are sinners, and that I must repent. In the twinkling of an eye, and others thought I was only pretending. I must brag on God, because He alone was the reason behind the results. He gently worked with me to change the rotten fruit to healthy fruit. THANK YOU FATHER.

Acts 9:28 NLT

"Then the apostles accepted Saul and after that he was constantly with them in Jerusalem, preaching boldly in the name of the Lord."

I want to encourage each one of you, to continue in the process God has you in and come through to the other side. You will be forever grateful that you did!!!! I desire for you to remember that when the world assumes you are pretending, God alone knows. Girlfriends and Guy friends continue to step out in faith with Him and for Him.

Father God, thank You for knowing my heart. That my heart is not pretending to be something that I am not when it comes to my love for You. Thank You that others have accepted that and join with me in BOLDLY proclaiming the name of the Lord. Lord, I love You and want to please You. In my Savior's holy name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lovingly at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Boldly proclaiming HIs love with you today!

Splashing for His glory,
Sarah dawn

Paula V said...

I love Paul and there's MUCH to gleam from him throughout his entire life and ministry...his suffering but perseverance...being content in all things.

Thanks for sharing. Thankful He does know our hearts and loves them anyway.

I finally posted...it seems it's about every two weeks right now. Stop by when you have time.

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling that my new Dr. thought that I was only pretending and would decide instead to opt for the easier way out (i.e. no weight loss, pills to aid in conception, etc.) and hope she will be pleasantly surprised in the work I am putting in to get healthy! I don't really expect anything from her one way or the other, but to find out that what I'd been told all along about being healthy wasn't entirely true - wow! What a wakeup call! God is fulfilling in me a purpose and I am growing each and every day and learning that with God ALL things are possible! Isn't He great?!?! :)

P.S. Thank you, friend, for another wonderful post! :)

Leaon Mary said...

This made me think about what I read in Nehemiah today. When Nehemiah and the people were building the walls of Jerusalem they were faced with great opposition. Samballet and his homies mockers and accused them and tried to hinder them. ~ It got so bad they had to build with one hand and hold a weapon with thee other. People today still mock christians trying to do the Lords work.
God KNOWS OUR HEARTS.
I stand with you BOLDLY Yolanda!
Keep splashing,
Love ya like crazy (heehee)
Lea

Leaon Mary said...

oops... I should proofread, I meant to say they mocked, accused and tried to hinder them.
But you already knew that. lol
holykisses,
L

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

This also shows us that God can choose to use anyone regardless of how unworthy we may feel about serving Him and what others will think.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Heather C said...

Oh, Yolanda... this spoke to me today. My husband has recently had a dramatic encounter with Christ. After ten years of trying to walk the walk and talk the talk (and fooling everyone around him), the Lord has brought him to a place of brokenness and sweet surrender. His intimacy with the Lord, and the way it's changing him is so NOT pretending... but I wonder if he'll be judged as pretending by others who don't understand. I pray that they will see the sincerity of his heart, and that even if they don't... knowing the Lord sees his heart will be enough for him -- and for me. Thank you for the encouragement today! I sorely needed it!

Edie said...

I was just talking with someone the other day about Paul's conversion and how the Christians didn't believe that he was really a follower. Funny, this is someone I have been praying to have that kind of conversion.

Lisa said...

I'm so glad our life is a pilgrimage, a journey instead of a sprint for the finish line. He never gives up on us, but continues to mold us into the image of His Son! What a miracle of love.
Blessings ~ Lisa

Runner Mom said...

Loved this post...and the wonderful comments that others have shared. Thank you Yolanda for your beautiful heart and your willingness to open it to all.

Love ya,
susan

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Yolanda, I'm so very glad that God did that "melting" in your heart and made you forever one of His! You have been such a delight and encouragement to me in my Christian walk since we "met" here in bloggy land!

God bless you!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

TRUTH SHARER said...

Another example of God's transformation in ANYONE's life!! Praise Him for that!

Amen, sister!

BOLDNESS is what I need too! But sometimes it does not bring a good respose like - now...

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - For His Name's Sake]

Nancy said...

When others think we're pretending, it's when we're not acting the way they think we should act. Only God knows our motives. I know I'm not pretending so I have peace in that area.

Sarah said...

So thankful that He knows my heart and still loves all of me!

Sweet one, It is an honor and a privilege to battle with you in prayer today. May the Lord simply hold your friend close with His healing hand.

And may you be drenched in His unfailing love,
Sarah Dawn