Sisters and brothers, if you've spent any time here lately, by now you can tell that as I continue in my daily bible reading, that the scriptures are really speaking to me in my own time of need. You can tell that we are in a time of testing as well as having a close family member that is ill. This morning I feel extremely comforted by God's word, and I pray that what He used to comfort me, will comfort you as well.
2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV is what was running through my mind as I awoke this morning. I kid you not, simply amazing how the Holy Spirit works. This is a scripture that I put to memory several years ago when I was doing a Sheila Cragg study all on my own. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."
As I continue on in the book of John, God blessed me so much in verse 18 of Chapter 14, "I will not abandon you." I do not wish to take things out of context, but this leapt off the page and into my heart. He will NOT abandon me, and He WILL NOT ABANDON YOU either. BELIEVE HIM in your own hour of need!
Verse 26 "the Holy Spirit - he will teach you......and will remind you"; oh Yes He did that very thing early this morning before I ever arose out of the bed and later with my coffee and His word. THANK YOU LORD, THANK YOU!
And I close with verse 27 as I continue to be amazed after almost 10 years of closely walking with MY Lord and Savior. "I am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid." Lord Jesus, peace of mind as well as peace of heart? OH YES! That is what I desire and my loved one as well.
Father, Thank You for the peace of mind and heart in troubling circumstances. I am thankful that while circumstances are not what we would like in the current, it is well with my soul. Father, Thank You for reminding me that You will not abandon me, nor my sweet relative as she knows You and I believe that You know her as well. Father, Thank You that You sent me a teacher and a comforter through the Holy Spirit. May the Holy Spirit lead me into ALL Truths. Father, I ask that You would comfort others that may have stopped in to read what You have laid on my heart. In the MIGHTY HEALING NAME OF JESUS CHRIST. Amen.
Lovingly from Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
22 comments:
Peace of mind and heart - something of such tremendous value, that NO ONE ELSE can give! It's a fruit of His sweet Spirit in our lives as we surrender everything into His care.
LOVE the Word and how it leaps off the page and stirs up our longings for more of Him.
Love & Blessings ~ Lisa
It is such a confirmation of how active and living (HEB 4:12)the word of God truly is when it leaps from the page and comes right at us.
I just love it when that happens.
Thanks for sharing.
Found you blog on My Hands...His Glory blog roll, she and I are good friends!
I'll be back!
Blessings
Robin
Yolanda,
Isn't it just amazing how God will use parts of scripture to speak to us? It's just one of the amazing things He can do and nothing is beyond the possibility of God.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Praising GOD for the peace and comfort HE has given each of us. I stand amazed!
Blessings, andrea
Hey there girl!
I SO need this! Is it not incredible when we hear from heaven like this? Thank you for reminding me of this verse... I LOVE it! Love what we shared thee other mornin too.
Keep walkin in faith dear friend- and sharing His love!
Blessings and holykisses,
L
There is nothing more wonderful than peace in the midst of a storm. Knowing that He will never leave us is a major source of peace for me. MAJOR!! I am such a disaster on my own and desperately need HIM!!
Praying for His peace for you and your family.
Leah
Dear friend,
AS I read your post for today, a song by Steve Green kept running through my heart.
"Safe and secure, He will never abandon you...
You are His treasure and He takes His pleasure in you..."
He who started a good work in you will bring it to completion, my dear Yolanda.
Love and prayers are on my heart for you today.
Love
Lidj
loved visiting your blog...your headliner pic makes me want to sit down and take a sip of coffee and begin digging into the treasure of His word! Your 'spot' looks like my table in the morning! :)
look forward to visiting again soon!
Praying for you and your family as you face this time of sickness. May the Lord bless you in ways you never dreamed as you lean on Him for your strength and wisdom.
Love!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Hey, Yo!
Stopping by to give you a cyber hug! I've been scarce of late, but life goes on.
Our Bible study is Faith Lessons by Ray Vander Leen (sp?). We are doing the one on the Death and REsurrection of Christ. It is really good so far. Filmed in the HOly land, which I find fascinating.
Hugs!
L
My mind and heart were warmed just reading this. So encouraging. Thank you.
Love these scriptures. What peace only He can provide. Will be praying for you and your loved one.
Hugs,
Susan
Always a powerful word here my friend.
Love you to the stars and never back!
Precious Sister,
I pray in Jesus Name for you and your family in this time you are facing and your loved one who is ill.
I pray for GOD's presence, peace, healing, provision and protection in all areas unto His glory.
He always uses His word to give us exactly what we need in HIM to stand firmly in our faith.
Love and prayers dear sister.
Of course this verse is one I've been clinging to lately. For me it is the fact that He will allow others to comfort me in the overflow of their own comfort in their past time of need. God is so good.
Keep praying and believing - He is in the Miracle Business!
Happy labor day,
Sonya Lee
Yolanda,
I have been rather absent from bloggy land lately but tonight, the Lord laid you on my heart. I pray He will strengthen you and be your ever present help in time of need. He is faithful to raise up warriors when we need it!!!
praying for you,
lisa
Sometimes I wake up with a Christian song in my mind. Those are special days and things seem to go well then. I love how God comforts us by lifting up a special word for us. Will pray for your loved one.
I am so thankful for His peace today. Supernatural peace that is passing all human comprehension. That's what He gives... and I'm taking it! :)
Oh - Girlfriend-----
I really needed to hear those words today. So many upcoming things, promises and even things that don't look good - yet through it all God will never leave me - nor abandon me! HE IS FAITHFUL!
The H.S. does amaze us doesn't He? The Word just becomes the fresh breath of God on the page - EVERY TIME we open it!
Choosing JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - For His Name's Sake]
I feel the joy and faith from this post. Loved the encouragement from your heart and God's Word.
It's been a while since I've stopped by, not sure who's sick. But I will pray for all of the bloggers and their families today because there is such a need for prayer.
Love,
Tiffany
As we remember 9 11 today, let us look up in hope for our redemption draws near!
I have dedicated my Sept 11 post to all my American friends.
Love
Lidj
John 14:27 is the verse I chose for my blog header; I can't tell you what it means to me that God's peace measures out far greater than the world's offer of peace.
Praying God's peace over your heart this night.
~elaine
Post a Comment