Monday, September 28, 2009

This is my desire

What do you add to the Body of Christ that causes another to hunger and thirst for Jesus? To not be just status quo, but for more of Jesus?

I know for myself that I hunger for a deeper and fuller sense of the fruits of the spirit. I tend to think of these fruits as delicious, tantalizing, causing me to desire more as I watch other members of the Body of Christ. More as in love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, faithfulness and self-control.

Antonyms of these 9 words: hate, sorrow, war (turmoil and chaos), impatient, unkindness (envy & cruelty), bad or evil, unkind or wild, infidelity, self-indulgence or bluntness.

I've spent a few days with close Girlfriends that all hunger and thirst for more of Jesus, just like myself. It is so refreshing as we encourage one another to keep seeking Him and to simply finish this life causing God to be delighted in us. I'm thankful for them and their friendship.

I returned thinking about how I tend to season a dish that I am preparing to cause enjoyment for those that will be feasting with me at my table. You and I as Believers in the Lord Jesus Christ are told to be salt and light. Matthew 5:13-14 NIV "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden."

So what am I allowing God to season or add to me as He prepares me to cause enjoyment and encouragement for those that He places in my path to hunger and thirst for HIM as they come to feast with me at His table? To be a light in our very dark world?

Father God, You are Truth. You are the very essence that causes us to become salty and You alone pour light into our earthly vessels. I humbly ask Father that You would season not only myself but my Brothers and Sisters and that Your LIGHT would be evident in us to all of the human race. Lord, this is my desire. In the loving name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

With much love as we step up to Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

15 comments:

Andrea said...

Praising GOD that we can all be a light for HIM.
Serving GOD with you, andrea

Laura said...

Oh, friend. Nothing like some good girlfriend time to deepen our walk with HIm. Your tree is heavy with fruit!

I received your card yesterday and, might I say, it came at such a needed time. I have one down with the flu and am holding my breath that the rest of us don't get it.

Thanks, Yo.

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

I too, have been spending much time soul searching for my next venture for God and what His purpose is for me and my family to serve Him until He returns.

This is a great post for me because once we are committed to working for His good, we will begin to bear such fruit.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

My desire as well sweet sister. It's so awesome to have sisters in Christ to share and grow with.

You bless me!

Crown of Beauty said...

Dearest Yolanda,
Thanks for dropping by to ask how I am. I have been out of the country for the past two weeks. Just flew in from UAE yesterday (Sunday here). We missed the terrible typhoon by one day. Praise God flights were smooth, and above all, able to land on the runway, which I heard was closed whole day Saturday.

Flooding is worst in 4 decades.

Our home in Metro Manila is okay, no floods as we are in the hilly part of the region. Others in the valleys and low lying regions had flooding up to their roofs. It is like what happened during Hurricane Katrina.

Please continue to pray. Parts of Manila and other areas are in a state of calamity.

Love
Lidj

Warren Baldwin said...

I've been thinking of Jesus' statement in John 4 that his food is to do the will of His Father. Did a lesson on that yesterday. The will of the Father is what Jesus 'chews' on, thinks about, lives for and is sustained by. I want to do that!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Your post today reminded me of some of the points in the Sunday school lesson I taught yesterday. For the past two weeks we have been learning to be "hungry" for the things of God. Yesterday we concentrated on being hungry for His Presence and for His Peace.

It's so good to know a friend like you who has such a good appetite for the things of God! You inspire me!

Love ya,
Marilyn

Skoots1moM said...

I add where I see God answering my prayers and even just my simple needs...eager for our young people to hunger and thirst for Jesus...may we teach them His Truth!

Using those fruits of the spirit sweetens their FRAGRANCE :)

I'm getting ready to go on a trip with close Girlfriends, too...and some aren't saved...so, I'll be eager to see how I can speak with them about Jesus lovingly.

"Keep seeking Him" in every moment is THE ANSWER and He'll show us how.

May I show evidence of His presence...

Heather C said...

Isn't it so precious that the Lord gives us those kinds of special friends? The kind that stir us up to love and good deeds, and cheer us on in our passionate pursuit of Him? I love that! Here's praying we all will find ways to add flavor to the world around us. Another great characteristic of salt is that it acts as a preservative. How am I preserving righteousness on the earth? Does my "right-living" have an impact on the world around me?

Great post, Yolanda!

Edie said...

I have to agree with Laura. It is so refreshing to get together with friends and talk about the Lord and what He is doing in our lives. I know it does much to help bring my focus back to it's center.

Much love!

Vickie said...

Great post Yolanda.

Just today I prayed for God to connect me with those of like mind. Those who earnestly want to seek God and help build His kingdom.

We've not been saved to sit and I am so desperate to used for God's glory.

Blessings,
Vickie

Leah Adams said...

Yolanda,

I am so behind in blog reading. Loved this post. My heart's desire is that I would be salt--causing others to thirst for Jesus and what He offers.

Don't ya just love girlfriend time!!

Leah

LisaShaw said...

This is a meaty message Yolanda! I appreciate that in my visit.

Your antonyms to the fruit of the spirit was well said!

You're a beautiful sister in Christ. You're sowing so much into others for Christ sake!

Love you.

Nancy said...

At one time I had a group of friends like yours who hungered afater the Lord. It was simply wonderful. Right now, I am not in such a group setting but I still have the hunger to be salt and light.

Lisa said...

I love the visual you have given me of me standing in the kitchen seasoning a dish - for the enjoyment of those who will be feasting.
Oh how I want to bring Him joy - to cause Him delight as I fulfill my purpose.
Love and blessings ~ Lisa