I sit here with a loss for words to describe how I'm feeling this morning, but perhaps a good honest word would be, I got spanked! I got spanked by GOD! But in a good way, you know like when your parents meant business but yet your bottom wasn't stinging?
The words I penned in my journal this morning: Am thankful God continues to mold me, He hasn't given up on me. Thankful and amazed as I would have given up on me many moons ago. Relax, open my hands. Give space, breathing room, acceptance especially of family. Enjoy the moment - without consequences. God's best is what I need to be willing to be willing.
Then I picked up my Promise Calendar and looked up the scripture from the Message as that is my own personal commitment for 2010. Are you ready?
Luke 6:37-38 "Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults - unless, of course, you want the same treatment. Don't condemn those who are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you'll find life a lot easier. Give away your life; you'll find life given back, but not merely given back - given back with bonus and blessing. Giving, not getting, is the way. Generosity begets generosity."
When I went through the Patriarch's study of Beth Moore's a few years ago, I found out that most women are manipulator's. I had no idea, I thought that I was the only one! Since that study, I have truly tried to be more mindful in that area and the past couple of days I've really been praying that I would not be so condemning with my family. I believe that God is speaking loud and clear to me, don't you?
Father, Thank You for loving me and accepting me. That You would find me today, tomorrow and through out 2010, GIVING and GIVING and GIVING. Amen.
I lovingly and openly receive this today, with a huge smile on my face because of God's promise!!! Hebrews 12:5-7 "And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: 'My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline,and do not lose heart when he rebukes you,because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son.' Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?".
On my face with love,
Yolanda
Higher Grounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
WOW!! What a powerful post. I thank you for always being open and sharing what GOD is doing in and through your heart and life. The words from this verse in the Message really zing.....I am quite afraid, I "needed" them, too.
Blessings, hugs, and prayers, andrea
Ouch, that passage surely does discipline! Thanks for your transparency. :)
Yolanda - don't you just love when God clearly shows us ourselves in our true light? Sometimes it hurts, but how amazing that He loves us enough to reveal it to us lovingly!
You are such a fabulous friend. You are a godly woman and I am so glad that I was put in your path by God himself!
Oh Yolanda, What a beautiful post.I needed to hear this. I really need your prayers right now. I can not go into detail just yet,But God knows all about it! Hope you have a great day! Love, Faye
Hey girl....
I've been holyspanked before too.
He loves us, so He disciplines His kids. When God corrects, it sure feels different than when man condemns doesn't it? To me it feels like man tries to make ya stand in a corner but when the Father corrects, it's in love and then over with and you feel better afterwards.
Hope you're havin a great day.
I got my new book yesterday and will work on it this evening.
Blessings my friend!
During times of correction from the Lord I am always thankful that I can actually "hear" the Lord speaking to me! I'm so very grateful that I can still hear that still small voice!! He loves me so!!
You have such a beautiful and transparent heart, my friend. God bless you.
Leah
Yolanda, thank you so much for your honesty. You are a great example of a godly woman.
Thank you
Vickie
Ouch here too! I needed to hear this today. Pray that I will apply it to my life!
Thanks so much for sharing your heart!
Love,
Marilyn...in Mississippi
This is really wonderful to read and my heart feels blessed by its truth! Dear God, here I am!!!
I learned so much from the Patriarch's study; one of my favorites of Beth's. I feel as if I, too, have been spanked lately, but even typing that feels a bit strange to me. For a long time, I've had to fight my "interpretation" of God--I always assume he's out to get me and punishes me when I do wrong. In one sense, he does discipline, but it's not without love, and therein lies the rub...
Trying to view him beyond the discipline and realize he still loves me, therefore allowing me to love myself.
Thanks, Yolanda, for your continuing pursuit of the Divine. You are his precious child, and there is nothing you could do to change his love for you.
peace~elaine
Oh my sweet friend, I wish I could give you a super big hug!! And don't you just cherish these moments when God makes himself so apparent?
I am needing some time with you too! After this storm lets try to get together!! I miss you!
In His Graces~Pamela
Yo!
I miss you! I"m sorry I haven't been able to say hi. I visit you when I am on my lunch at work and the filter won't let me comment when I am there.
It is true for me as well, that I tend to be harder on my family. I think it is difficult when strong emotions are involved. Don't you just love the way He corrects us?
I'm thinking I might need a spanking too!
Yolanda... I love your honesty and your willingness to be vulnerable with us. Authenticity is something I'm drawn to. It's one of the (many) reasons I love you so much!
I love this Yolanda and I can SO relate! This has been a hard discipline for me. Thankfully, as you said, God never gives up on me.
Much love!
I truly believe the closer our relationship with the Lord, the more this will happen to us. He does this to me in such a way these days that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt it's His voice.
The other day I was kind of having a pity party about a couple of things and just as plain as day I could hear God telling me "It's not always about you." Whew!
Sometimes I get to thinking someone's mad at me about something or something dumb like that.
I want to hear His voice and I want to straighten up when I know it's from Him.
Thanks for this great post!
Can't wait to see you in just about 13 days!
Love,
Valerie
Post a Comment