What is one of the things you think about making sure is readily available when you take a road trip? I would guess that many of us would answer that we would pack a snack and a beverage.
I was thinking this morning about how there was a time not to long ago that I lived in total defeat. I had the best of intentions and in the very next breath of air I was going down. Then I got to watching some of the women in my circle that didn't seem to be living defeated and observed what made them different than me.
Often in our conversation whether it be one-on-one or in the midst of a group, so and so would be able to say scripture from the tip of her tongue. She would pull out her little pocket bible, or she would simply bow her head and call on the Name of the Lord.
I believe those three things are vital to living a life in combat against the enemy.
1. God's Word, readily available at all times.
2. God's Word written on our heart.
3. Dialogue with God, at a moments notice, 24/7/365. (1 Thess. 5:17)
Today more than ever before, I'm living PREPARED. Any where I seem to go, even a simple jaunt into town, I've packed my snack. THE LIVING WORD OF GOD which is my BREAD and my WATER. (My bible, my current scripture memory cards and a bottle of water.) I'm feasting!
Lovingly with a snack and a cup of water at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Additional scriptures:
John 4:10 NIV Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."
John 1:1 NIV [ The Word Became Flesh ] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 6:41 NIV At this the Jews began to grumble about him because he said, "I am the bread that came down from heaven."
Luke 11:3 NIV Give us each day our daily bread.
Matthew 4:4 NIV Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.' "
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
Yolanda, You will never know what a blessing you are to me! Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye
Yep, that is why I was intent on continuing the scripture memory thingy that Beth started. We need accountability and that does it in blogland.
Leah
Very good. The weapons of are warfare are all provided by God. Problem is when we forget them! Good reminder.
You reminded me of this post (one of my own):
http://womanlearning.blogspot.com/2009/11/just-checking-in.html
It is one of my absolute favorite personal revelations! God is teaching me so much through Bible studies, godly friendships and His own direction in his Word! I LOVE it! :)
Wonderful post...I love you, friend, and I am so very thankful for your insightful words!
What a delight you are sister. I am counting the days until we can have this snack together! Pack those snacks and let get ready to feast with one another!
I have been dedicated this year to reading my Bible every morning before getting out of bed. DId I tell you? Maybe. But it makes such a difference in my day as I find myself meditating on the word I read.
So were your really born in 1965? Such a baby!
Daily time in the word and God's word never returns void. I ALWAYS need the verse I just read that day. always.
And, I just downloaded the Bible ap on my iphone. It's like biblegateway on your phone...so cool and very useful!!
Great insight today Yolanda. But it made me realize that I have probably "backed up" from where I should be with the Lord! Seems like our lives are too hectic with too fast a pace nowadays. Pray that I will implement these suggestions you have made today!
Love you,
Marilyn
Oh what a necessary word. Yolanda, thank you, thank you, thank you.
I continue to remind myself over and over again, "Vickie you cannot live by bread alone but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God!"
I feel so empty without His word.
It is life to me.
Blessings to you
Vickie
Dear friend,
YOur love for GOd's word is contagious.
I do love the way you compared a ready sanck and beverage as we go on a journey to GOd's word that is always ready to be pulled out of your pocket at a moment's notice -- 24/7/365.
I like that. That is very practical, and can be readily applied.
Thank you for the way you always eagerly share what God is teaching you.
Love
Lidj
The richest feast belongs to God. He has been faithful to give us a bountiful supply of truth to feed our weary souls and keep us "battled up" for the road ahead.
Striving everyday to hide more of it in my heart, Yolanda.
Have a blessed weekend.
peace~elaine
He is all sufficient isn't He? Meeting all our needs. I'm packin my snack too! AWESOME post!!
love ya bunches!
Hi Yolanda... I just saw your website on the spreadsheet Audrey sent out for SSMTC. Can't wait to see you there!
Post a Comment