I'm in the midst of "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place" by Beth Moore as well as working through the book of Genesis. Today for the second time this week something has struck me afresh as if I had never seen it before. God is truly opening my eyes and I praise Him!
In my study this week we were learning more about the duties of the Levites and the Priesthood. In that time of reading and seeking I came to realize for the first time that the tribe of Levites came through the union of Leah and Jacob. The woman that Jacob had not worked 7 years for and in his mind was duped because the "contract" was for Rachel. Genesis 29:31 ESV "When the LORD saw that Leah was hated, he opened her womb, but Rachel was barren." Isn't that just the coolest? The Levites were very special in the fact that they were the only Israelites that God set apart to work in and help with the Tabernacle. Another nugget is that the Priest's came from the family of Aaron that was a Levite as well. God is so cool!!
But what hit me this morning was the fact that Levi was the third son born to Jacob. And the fourth son, are you ready for this? Oh my, oh my....Judah. Judah means "This time I will praise the LORD." I also learned that Judah sounds like the Hebrew word that means "praise". The tribe of Judah is where our Lord and Savior's lineage is found. Christ's genealogy includes Leah. That causes my heart to Praise Him!
I am positive that I'm just barely scratching the surface in something HUGE that God is in the process of revealing to me, but the one thing that I glean this morning is that though the world may hate you and I, God knows and He sees and He redeems.
Be encouraged!
With love here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
I love it too when stuff like this jumps off the page! Love it!
Blessings,
Adrienne
I love that study so much. It is foundational to us as it connects the OT to the NT like none other!
Blessings, Stephanie
AMEN Girlfriend!! May GOD pour HIMSELF out to you and through you during this study.
Hugs,
andrea
As you continue to study His Word sweet spirit, I pray He would reveal even more to you. Your hungry heart for HIM is refreshing and beautiful.
Love you.
I remember going through this study and thinking many of the same things you've brought up here. God's Word is the greatest treasure of our hearts. We'd do well to hide more of it therein.
I'm so glad for your continuing enthusiasm and obedience to be with Jesus, Yolanda. He's doing a very good work in you that will yield eternal results untold! You're a blessing.
peace~elaine
I have done some of this study on my own during the last year and boy was I soooooo excited at the revelation from the Holy Spirit.
I truly started to understand the OT in the form of shadows and types and I understood the role of Jesus as the perfect living sacrifice so much.
I can't wait to hear some more of what He reveals to you. Isn't the word awesome?
bless you
Vickie
Yolanda, I never knew any of this information before today! VERY interesting!
Thanks for sharing!
Marilyn
I sure do love it when God starts putting the pieces of the puzzle together for us. I could totally feel your excitement and am excited for you! What a mighty God we serve!! :)
It is kinda like when the bathroom mirror is all fogged up. Then little by little, it clears and all sorts of things are revealed.
The Tabernacle is one of my all-time very much, oh-so-good, studies. Love it. Have done it twice.
Leah
Yolanda,
Thank you for letting me share in your Ah Ha! moment today! Isn't it wonderful to be learning something new every day?
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
That's so good Yolanda!
I have learned SO much from Beth's teaching.
She is amazing.
Isn't it exciting to just keep learning more and more about Jesus?!!!!
I'm 50 and have been in church all my life and I keep learning so many new things from stories I've heard forever. That's God's Word for you!
Love you and pray you have a blessed weekend!
Thanks again for the sweet, uplifting e-mail and the verses you shared.
Val
I just love it when God's Truth is revealed, and I finally "get it!" I love the Truths that you are learning and sharing. I have gleaned so much from blogs and from comments that folks are leaving on blogs as they study His Word. I get excited right along with you!
Love ya!
Susan
Oh, don't you love that!?! God is sooo good. I love when He reveals something new as we study His Word...thanks for sharing it with us! Your obedience and enthusiasm for The Word is an encouragement to many, my friend. Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Tracy
love that study so much. It is foundational to us as it connects the OT to the NT like none other!
rihanna video
Post a Comment