I'm going to pick back up some what from my previous post, and move forward with Esau and Jacob.
Jacob was sent to Laban, Rebekah's brother to find a wife from their own tribe and blood line, instead of wedding one of the Canaanite women. Jacob worked 14 years for the marriages to Leah and Rachel, as well as an additional 6 years to build his own flock and herds. I'm in Genesis 31 picking up where Jacob is ready to return to his own homeland. I love verse 6-7: "You know that I have served your father with all my strength, yet your father has cheated me and changed my wages ten times. But God did not permit him to harm me." Remember Jacob's name means "he cheats" and even though Laban didn't do well by Jacob, the same is very well true for Jacob towards Laban. What is important here to me this morning is that God did not permit Laban to harm Jacob.
You and I need to stand firm on the promises of God, that when we are in the midst of struggles and trials I believe if we are true to God, He will also place His hand of protection upon us. We are His and He loves us so much! God will not permit harm to come upon us as well.
Perhaps you may be like me and have had a similar situation like Esau and Jacob. Sibling rivalry. Perhaps coming from our parents as they choose a favorite, often times I believe this happens and it is very obvious, other times simply our own personality causes that rivalry. Do you remember that Esau came to despise Jacob and his birthright after selling it for a little bowl of stew? What is so comforting to me is that after 20 years Jacob has the desire to return to Esau. Blood is thicker than water comes to my mind. As Jacob prepares for his home coming, I believe that God softened both Jacob and Esau's hearts in those years of separation. He prepared them and we are told that Jacob sends a gift ahead for Esau, a very generous gift.
I am picking up in Genesis 33:4 "But Esau ran to meet him and embraced him and fell on his neck and kissed him, and they wept." Esau RAN to meet Jacob and together they wept. No words had to be spoken, not I'm sorry, no you did this or that, simply....embraced, kissed and wept.
Father God, I truly pray that we would be found allowing You to soften our hearts to accept a family member that has returned or that we would return to our family. That we would RUN, KISS, and EMBRACE being humbled and once again connecting to family; WEEPING with joy over the reunion. To truly let the past stay in the past and live for THIS DAY. And like Jacob we would say to our loved one, "For I have seen your face, which is like seeing the face of God, and you have accepted me." *Gen 33:10b* Father, thank You for accepting us may we remember this and accept others as well. In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
With deep love and seeking here at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good morning Yolanda.
We're staying home this morning and I wanted to drop in and catch up with you. I loved what you shared about Leah so much and how God's revealing so much to you.
Have to tell you, yesterday, as I kept running to the television hearing about the tsunami, I kept hearing them talk about "heading to HIGHER GROUNDS" OF COURSE, I thought of my Yolanda and how seeking Him, brings us to Higher Ground. Love ya bunches and pray you are having a beautiful sabbath.
Thankful for God's hand of protection.
Holykisses xoxo
Lea
Beautiful!
Love you!
Susan
He's forever leveling the ground, isn't He? I love the O.T., and I so appreciate your highlighting these precious verses.
I long to arrive at the day when I no longer "help" God straighten things out and simply rest in His care. It's the only way I know that I am able to keep the gentle & quiet spirit He approves. Still ...
Great reminder. Great encouragement.
Kathleen
A wonderful post Yolanda. Thank you for studying it out and sharing it with us! :)
Lisa
Yolanda,
What a great post to help mend that rift that has developed in so many families to destroy that which God has created.
I think you did this post well in helping us to remember what initially happened between Jacob and Esau and how it was resolved. No Dr. Phil needed there.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Family reunions!! Love 'em. Can't wait for the biggest one of all. That one around the throne!!
Leah
Ummmmmmmmm. This gave me much food for thought! Love the title today...."God's Hand of Protection". Reminds me of the verse in Psalms that says "safety is of the Lord".
Marilyn...in Mississippi
I thought of my Yolanda and how seeking Him, brings us to Higher Ground. Love ya bunches and pray you are having a beautiful sabbath.
rihanna video
Post a Comment