Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A heart of thanksgiving

Psalm 100 NLT
A psalm of thanksgiving.
1 Shout with joy to the Lord, all the earth!
2 Worship the Lord with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy.
3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation.

The month of June is here, June 1st to be exact! School is out, summer falls later this month, a vacation may be planned, and I would imagine that many of us have a wedding to attend as well! All things to be thanking God over!

I would like to encourage you today, even in the midst of your trials and sufferings to turn our hearts toward OUR LORD and SAVIOR, worshipping Him and offering a praise of Thanksgiving.

I was in Ecclesiastes this morning and when I came across this, it filled my heart with joy.

I perceived that whatever God does endures forever; nothing can be added to it, nor anything taken from it. God has done it, so that people fear before him. That which is, already has been; that which is to be, already has been; and God seeks what has been driven away. Ecc 3:14-15 ESV

Father God, You alone are to be FEARED, REVERED, and as Vs 14 closes from the Message it sums up beautifully what is on my heart this morning. You desire for us to worship You in holy fear. A heart of worship, Lord, is a heart of thanksgiving. Father, may Your name be magnified today. Amen.

With love and thanksgiving,
Yolanda

18 comments:

Yolanda said...

I am thankful for my Lord and Savior. I am thankful for the opportunity to help others. I am thankful for a precious thank you card in the mail from a graduating Senior. I am thankful for my husband and his love for me.

Anonymous said...

Yolanda, I am so grateful that what God does endures forever! What an encouragement :)
Love,
Miriam

Runner Mom said...

You desire for us to worship You in holy fear--I love this!!! This post has truly spoken volumes to me today. Thank you sweet girl!

We still have two more 1/2 days until school is over...whoohoo!
Hugs!
Susan

Kathleen said...

Such encouragements are the wealth of the wise! We need to hear this every moment of every day, and with joy unspeakable.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Feared and revered. That just about sums it up friend!

Thanks!

Marilyn...in Mississippi

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

This was my morning devotional today, to give thanks in all things. Do you know how much it angers the enemy when we thank God for everything even the bad and horrible stuff. He can't win when we won't pull away from God so prepare for battle daily.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

I am so thankful for the amazing grace that my Savior so lovingly doled out to me.

Love your post my friend. But then again, I love you!

Leaon Mary said...

I'm thankful for myJesus, mySaviour as well Yolanda!
HE IS WORTHY of our praise!!!
I'm thankful for you too! Thank you for being a BUILDER!

Warren Baldwin said...

Good admonition to focus our hearts toward God. I'm teaching Ecclesiastes in the adult class on Sunday mornings. What a wonderful, but often overlooked, book! Good post. And thanks for the nice comments on the Personal Vs. Positional Authority article on Family Fountain.

Cindy said...

I have so much to be thankful for, to thank Him for. Especially my new son-in-law.

In fear and reverance,

Cindy

Jackie said...

I am eternally thankful that Jesus is my Lord and Savior and that my name is written in the Lambs Book of Life! My heart overflows with gratitude to the One Who calls me His own and watches over His Word to perform it on my behalf!!! HE IS FAITHFUL!!

I will sing His praises forever and forever!!!

So thankful that you shared this with us today Yolanda!

Sweet Blessings!
Jackie

Terri Tiffany said...

I always feel a peacefullness when I come to your blog. Your words lift me up. Thank you.

LisaShaw said...

A heart of thanksgiving indeed. You are a sweet presence to the Kingdom dear sister. I'm thankful to the LORD for you!

Edie said...

This is a wonderful truth to meditate on Yolanda. What ever God does will last.

Enjoy your weekend!

Love you!

Lora said...

I think a heart of thanksgiving is a beautiful heart indeed. What good news Psalm 100 is to me!

I echo your sweet prayer. With love and thanksgiving to the LORD for you,
Lora

Leaon Mary said...

Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

I'm off to worship today Yolanda...
Perfect word for today... and everyday!!!

Blessings dear friend! Have a great sabbath!!!

sister sheri said...

Great encouragement!

sanjeet said...

I am thankful for a precious thank you card in the mail from a graduating Senior
Adsense Alternative