Saturday, June 26, 2010

Which are you choosing?

Yolanda, where have you been? Friends, I'm still in a state and time of preparation for what lies ahead of me this side of heaven. I'm in a refining process and I continue to gather God's word into my heart and onto my spiral note cards. Honestly, I'm still "Getting Prepared."

Perhaps some of you have found yourself doing the very same thing, I'm positive that God is smiling. It is so important to be intentional and disciplined when we know that there is a battle in our future. Honestly, we are promised that we will have battles, but we have the choice to be on God's side, or on the enemies. I am choosing God's. Why? Because I've been known to eat right out of the enemy's hand, and I want no more of that, NO MORE! I have been his pawn, and I refuse to be his pawn any longer.

You and I have been grafted into the blood-line of Jesus Christ, the very moment we accepted Him as our Lord and Savior. You and I have a KING! And when we become intentional with our thoughts, words and actions then we live like we have a KING!

"In those days Israel had no king; everyone did as he saw fit." Judges 21:25 NIV

Father God, thank You that today, THIS DAY, I have a King, the one true King. His name is Jesus Christ, Your Son sent from heaven, tearing the curtain in two for me to have direct access to You, and allowing You then to dwell with-in me. I am choosing to not do as I see fit. Father, I can't do this in my own strength, but I can become intentional by knowing Your word and ACTING upon Your word. Father, You spoke to me in January that I was to seek You and to fear You alone. Lord, thank You for continuing to speak to me and draw me nearer. Lord, I am choosing to walk in the way of obedience to You and Your commands. I know that I will fall and not be perfect or obedient 100 percent of the time, but I also know that I am more obedient than ever before, and when I do fall, I come seeking Your forgiveness, and You honor that. I am so grateful, thank You Lord Jesus, Amen.

Yearning at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

**John 16:33, Judges 2:17, Judges 21:25, Luke 23:45, Hebrews 10:19-24; Romans 11:17, 1 Peter 2:17 and Matthew 27:11**

14 comments:

Kathleen said...

This is such a central theme of my heart: intentionality.

Just this morning I was reading in Philippians; reminded again about our heavenly citizenship. I KNOW that, yet I often forget. When I do, I begin building kingdoms here ... where I reside, but where I'm certainly not a citizen.

What a privilege it is to grow in the wisdom of the Lord. The older I get, the more certain is that privilege!

Blessings,
Kathleen

Sandy said...

This is so good, Yolanda! YOU have a GORGEOUS heart!!!! Thank you so much for this post, all of your blogging, and your comments to me! Love you!
I'm a little envious of that picture with Melissa!

April said...

Yolanda-

Just wanted you to know that I am doing Beth Moore's Siesta Summer Bible study and we are doing Kelly Minter's Ruth. . . Judges 21:25 was the very first verse we discussed. I guess God is trying to tell me something since that verse has popped up more than once in 5 days! :o)

Hope you are having an amazing summer.

April

Elizabeth Mahlou said...

Good post, Yolanda. And the opportunities to slip away are SO insidious; one at times does not even notice that the territory is the wrong!

Leah Adams said...

So true, Yolanda.

Leah

Tulabell said...

Wow I just read this after posting my post today about my current growing experience and being formed on God's pottery wheel and find out that once again we are on the same page. Refining that is.

I've been noticing lately that when I read yours and others blogs I am told by Satan that my blog sucks and that I am too negative and that no one will read it...yada yada. He is truly working on me hard this morning.

Well just as soon as Satan tells me all this I say get out of here! I am so glad we are all in this together, we followers of Christ, and that we are not alone here on earth or supernaturally to defeat this enemy who has no power over us!

Amen!

Suzanne - Daughter of the King said...

Praying for you and me and all of those as we seek Him and prepare for His work in our lives for His Kingdom! Thank you for continuing to beckon us to seek Him and His Word and will.

Beth Herring said...

oh, that we can strive to become intentional women for Him!

Your Word is the Word that is in my heart sweet friend. You bless me more than you will ever know.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I too want to be more intentional!

Blessings!

Believing Him~Pamela

Runner Mom said...

Yolanda, sweet friend...you are talking to my heart! Being intentional with God is what I am praying about each day. Love this post!
Hugs!
Susan

Sarah said...

So good to splash over here today. Thank you for the encouragement today. You continue to splash me with God's goodness.

Happy Day,
Sara

Kelly S. said...

This was just what I needed to start my day this morning. It seems we have similar "themes" with God this year. My first verse in Jan. was Heb 13:20-21. Which basically says God will equip (prepare) you with everything good for doing His will. Fear of the Lord has been a consistent theme this year too. I'll be praying for you, and may we both be found faithful :)

Vickie said...

Thank you for this post. Even as I have been facing some horrible battles recently, I am choosing to be on God's side.

Thank you
Vickie

sister sheri said...

Love intentional living. Can't imagine living any way else... can't stand when others choose to not live intentionally... I want them to take full advantage of the life that God has given them.