The past couple of mornings I've found myself wanting more from God. I wonder, are you like that as well? Deep down, being very real and honest with you and with my God, is that it really isn't "from God" but more from myself towards God.
When things are going fairly well, and our boats aren't being rocked, we can become lax in our intentions towards God. I am first in line here Girlfriends and guy friends. I have a huge trial coming up and I have been preparing for it in God's word. I've been gathering scriptures to cling to and I've been praying but I've found myself for several days now not communing with God through out the day.
This morning I am going to become much more faithful with 1 Thessalonians 5:17 ESV
"pray without ceasing"
Father God, Thank You for causing me to see that I am missing some beautiful moments with You, spent in dialogue. That this means I am to listen to You as well as share what is happening inside of me and around me, the good, the bad and the ugly. Yes, You know all things and see all things, but Your desire for me is to share that verbally with You as well, that is the heart beat of a relationship. Thank You Father for not giving up on me. I love you so, Lord Jesus. Amen.
Still on the potter's wheel at Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Yolanda,
I am a firm believer that sometimes we can't pray in the midst of the circumstances or trials we find ourselves in but the Holy Spirit will intervene and pray for us during those times. Perhaps just spending time, reflecting on past promises and answering prayers from God during this trial will enable you to refresh and once more find thankfulness in the midst of the storm.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Thank you for sharing, I am glad I am not the only one that struggles with lack of communing off and on throughout my walk. I long to hear Him speak to me again so this is something that is from within myself - which I think God prefers from us and dearly loves us to do. Our desire to turn to him turns into faith which then turns into trust and perseverance. You are right, this is all part of the potter's wheel!
Praying this trial that's coming up will be met with such an outpouring of the Holy Spirit that all concerned will SEE IT!
I agree with "Heart2Heart" in that sometimes we get so stressed that it seems we can't pray. I was like that when our son was in Iraq at the very beginning of the war. I knew the enemy was shooting at him all day and night trying to kill him! And that there was absolutely nothing I could do but pray. But sometimes I felt too empty and exhausted to pray. It was then that I knew I was being carried through this great trial by the prayers of Christian friends and by the Lord Himself!
Just remember...greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world!
Love you my friend!
Marilyn...in Mississippi
Your friends will be standing in the gap for you as you walk through your trial. Just be sure to cue us up, friend.
Leah
Yes, I'm often wanting more; needing more. As I've aged, it's become abundantly clear to me that I have little or nothing of worth apart from Him.
Praying that trial comes and goes; and that you're blessed with amazing peace as it does.
Yolanda.......Your heart echo's what's stirring within my heart and your prayer is such a blessing to me!
I'm in agreement with Marilyn......that the approaching trial will be met with such an outpouring of the Holy Spirit that all will see and witness the workings of the Lord!! Praise God for His sure promises that carry us through to victory!
He is Faithful!!
Sweet Blessings!
Jackie
I echo Sassy Granny's comment:"As I've aged, it's become abundantly clear to me that I have little or nothing of worth apart from Him."
Apart from HIM I can do nothing... [John 15:5]
And therefore - apart from HIM I AM NOTHING!
IN HIM - HE GIVES ME HIMSELF - WHICH IS EVERYTHING!
Praying with you...
Stephanie
sometimes i think that i am STUCK on that potter's wheel! going round and round and round...
ha!
i love you so my friend.
I spent one of those moments with God this morning-praying for more--praying He would draw me closer and I would feel his touch more. I always come away more convinced of his love for me.
Are you enjoying your vacation?
I pray so much to be able to hear and see Him more. You are not alone friend!!
Blessings!!
Believing Him~Pamela
Post a Comment