I realize that for several months I've been in and out of limbo, some of you have inquired and I appreciate that dearly. God has me in a refining process once again, a time of SEEKING Him continues to be at the forefront of my mind, thoughts and often my days. So where have I been? Taking a long cool drink from His word this summer, and it has truly been refreshing.
My heart has been heavy with many things but probably the one that continues to knead and punch my heart, like dough being processed for later baking, is LOVE.
"Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8 NIV
There is sin in our world and with-in us, it's true. God says if we say that it is not, we are calling Him a liar. 1 John 1:8-10 The Message: " If we claim that we're free of sin, we're only fooling ourselves. A claim like that is errant nonsense. On the other hand, if we admit our sins—make a clean breast of them—he won't let us down; he'll be true to himself. He'll forgive our sins and purge us of all wrongdoing. If we claim that we've never sinned, we out-and-out contradict God—make a liar out of him. A claim like that only shows off our ignorance of God. "
I've been asking God to change my heart. I've been asking God to allow me to see sin the way He does, even with-in myself. I've been asking God to draw me closer. I've been asking God to allow my heart to be loving, kind and merciful even where I think mercy is not due. Walking through the study of Jonah by Priscilla Shirer has opened my eyes in the past 7 weeks to "Arise, Go" when God calls me and He is faithful, what He is asking of me, is obedience. Am I willing to be willing?
Father, I desire that You make it clear to me so I then can reciprocate and make it as clear as I can to all I meet, that I am on their side and that You are for them as well, working with them and not against them. That through me, they would receive love, kindness and mercy. Father, continue to mold me and change me. In Your Son's Name, my Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen.
With love,
Yolanda at Higher Grounds
**The basis for my prayer according to scripture is: Philippians 4:5 MSG**
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
It is good to see you again. I read your words and I know I need to extend mercy as well to some who I feel don't deserve it. Ouch. I don't know if I am there yet and I know that is wrong so I usually try not to think about those situations and that isn't the best path either. I am happy to read your posts again and see how you resolve this.
Thank you for those words. The study of Jonah has also found me digging into corners of my heart and soul that I have wanted to keep hidden from God and myself. Pulling out those "things" that God is placing on my heart and allowing Him to deal with them and with me and not continue to stuff them as I always do. I'm so thankful for the work he is doing in my life and very thankful He has placed you in my life. Love you girlfriend.
Very good thoughts.
I have been praying lately, too, that God would show me the sins that I commit, the ones that aren't so obvious, to make me more aware of them, so I can confess them and change. Sometimes we just don't consider things a sin, like those pesky "little white lies" or engaging in gossip disguised as a prayer request. Then there are those sins of "omission" like you mentioned not loving each other deeply enough. Sometimes I feel as if my heart is so black with sin, praise the Lord He no longer sees it that way, but washed clean through the blood of Christ.
Thank you for sharing this post, have a lovely week!
I'm encouraged to hear of the work God is doing in your heart. I know God will use you in your circle of influence and church family to extend the grace of God as you continue to experience it in your personal life. Thanks for sharing. Keep it up!
May we all learn to love as Christ loved.
always love getting a word from your post my friend. i have missed your blogging but if your like me, then sometimes other things are just more important!
praying that you are over the ocean now headed to Hawaii!!!! Do the hula for me!
Your words are always an inspiration to me... and always seem to pierce my heart.
Much love to you friend...
K
Yolanda, love the words of the prayer... I'm going to go check that verse out in the message.
What a blessed post. Truly touched my heart Yolanda.
blessings,
Vickie
Hi dear Yolanda...
Just dropped by to see how you've been.
Like you, I am also seeking God's heart and His direction...
As you seek Him with all your heart, God says you will find Him!
Love
Lidj
Post a Comment