Monday, February 21, 2011

Running my own race


Hebrews 12:1-2 NIV

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.




I intentionally hi-lited a part of this scripture that I want to really zone in on this morning for myself and perhaps for you as well. I've been encouraging others the past several weeks that our journey with God is not a 50 yard dash. It is a marathon....it is not short, it is not quick, and it most certainly is not ran and then over with. But something I realized this morning is that **God didn't say for us to walk it, but to run it. Now that is a lot of action!!! It is a journey!!
**We don't actually know who wrote Hebrews, perhaps Paul, but we do know that all of Scripture is GOD-breathed!**

This side of heaven, our race is our very own. No one can run it for us but it is sweet when others come along side and encourage us and perhaps from time to time, run their race along side the race that you or I may find ourselves running as well.




Father, I come today asking these things in Jesus' Name. May my eyes be found fixed upon You, steady, not wavering. This season of my race has left me battered and bruised, but it also has found me seeking You like never before and realizing that nothing gets to me without first having been sifted through Your own hands. And for that, I praise You. It encourages me so! I praise You for allowing me to run my own race, and for blessing me exceedingly, abundantly, above and beyond what I could ever have imagined. Today, Lord, I know You are holding me in Your arms. Thank You! May I finish well, Amen.



Thank You Father, for causing me to finish well, with much love,
Yolanda

7 comments:

Devanee said...

Oh Lord, I do pray that You would bless Yolanda in the race she is running at this time in her life. I pray to would speak to her and guide her in all that she does. Please pour the peace that only comes from You on her and show her Your love today and always! Amen and Amen

Hugs
Devanee

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Was just thinking about you this morning and how awesome you did in the race this past week! You're an inspiration to me in so many areas of life!

Leah Adams said...

Continuing to pray for you, my friend. You are running this race of life very well.

Love ya,

Terri Tiffany said...

You are running! Whoo hooo!!! So proud of you!!

Beth Herring said...

so cute! and i am so proud of you..

thanks for this great word today Yolanda - it really spoke volumes!

Kathleen said...

How encouraging! It is great to see you running; and running on so many levels.

Blessings,
Kathleen

Crown of Beauty said...

I came by your blog cause the Lord brought you to mind today.

Lifting you up before His throne.

Yes, our race is very much our own... may we be faithful till the end.

Love\
Lidj