Saturday, February 16, 2008

God's Word Works

Good morning, Girlfriends!

If someone would ask you for your testimony, would you be prepared? Would you be able to share what He has done for you? Now, let me get a little more personal, not only would you be able, but more importantly, would you be WILLING? Willing to BRAG ON GOD?

Paul in 2 Timothy 4:1b-2 exhorts and challenges us: "I give you this charge: Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage-with great patience and careful instruction."

I believe to be prepared in season and out of season also speaks to us, as BELIEVERS, to testify of what God has done for you and for me. That this particular test, what ever it should be, didn't leave us with the "mony's" but with a TESTIMONY! That we came out from the other side, CROSSING OVER into God's abundance, His BEST.

I heard a gifted bible teacher this week speak of giving grace. And that when you have been extended much grace, you will in turn give much grace. Not giving the grace with a wrong heart attitude "as look at me", but giving it out of love to say look at what CHRIST did for me, in a humbling posture instead of pride. God's word does say to correct, rebuke and encourage. But I'm not sure that we are to be the one's rebuking all the time, isn't that the job of the Holy Spirit? Perhaps even the job of a RIGHT-STANDING Pastor? Or the Word of God? I've seen first hand how others rebuked me while walking in their own pit of sin. Not giving grace because they had not recognized or received the grace that is being offered to them. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." But more importantly, allowing the WORD OF GOD to correct and rebuke!

Why would I say that, you might ask? Simply, I KNOW THAT GOD'S WORD WORKS. If you have invested time in me and known me for any time at all, you know the pit I came out of, and you can testify to God's Word Works. Not puffing Yolanda up, but simply BRAGGING ON GOD! Not pointing fingers, but wrapping with arms of love. I would so like to challenge you and myself to not be pointing fingers, but wrapping those fingers around others IN LOVE. Will you allow God's word to work in your own life? In my own life? Remember to give grace, because of God and His word, you and I are not the same people we once were.

1 John 2:5-6 "But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. "

Open your Bible prayerfully; read it carefully; obey it joyfully. Author Unknown

Sisters, I love you, and He loves you, and I want to shout it from the mountain top: "GOD'S WORD WORKS!"

2 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Yolanda!
I LOVE this...thank you so much for sharing this.
Yes, I have a testimony that leaves me in complete awe of the One who saved me from myself. I'll forever tell of what He's not only done for me, but in Me. I certainly don't deserve Him,but who does?
Thanks for the encouragement to not keep Him to myself!
Phil.1:12---no more shame!
Love ya,
Lelia

Lelia Chealey said...

Hi Yolanda!
Loved your prayer you left on my blog! You are so awesome & you have so much to share. Keep spreading how awesome our God is my sister!!!
I'm so blessed everytime I "visit" you or you come by to see me. You are so encouraging.
Much love,
Lelia