Bill and I enjoyed an over night visit last weekend with our daughter and her family. With-in just a few moments Abigail wanted our full and un-divided attention. I am telling you Girlfriends, there isn't anything sweeter to my heart, than hearing those precious words from our grandchildren. "Grandma...." My ears have never heard the words "Mom", so "Grandma,...." absolutely causes my cup to overflow, let me say that again, MY CUP OVERFLOWS.
I heard a few weeks ago that God is the one that fills my cup, and everything else is the overflow. I think that is a very thought provoking statement, for it reminds me that God has to be my substance, He has to be first, middle, and the end. And the other joys that He intends for my walk and your walk here on earth, is simply what drips over onto the saucer.
God spoke to my heart and re-affirmed me through Abigail last weekend. On Friday evening, after having cleaned up the delicious dinner that Ann prepared for us (Thank you Nick, for doing the majority of the clean-up project), we all gathered in the living room for some down time prior to crawling into bed. They have a very large sofa and a recliner. All of us were in the living room when Abigail says to me, "Grandma, look, ALL of MY FAMILY is on the couch." I welled up as she was simply sincere and excited. There is much enthusiasm from this little gal that tenders my heart. A very blessed Mother's Day weekend, one I will remember for a long time! Much happened and continued to cause an overflow.
Guess what? You and I MUST tender the heart of God when we have and show enthusiasm for being in the FAMILY OF GOD. He created us in His image, and I do believe the things that are GOOD and not of evil, reflect the Heart of God. Even voicing a small thought such as "ALL OF MY FAMILY is on the couch." Abigail put much emphasis on all of my family, and we are her family. If you have accepted Christ as Lord and Savior to your soul, you are also His family and my family.
Proverbs 17:6a NIV "Children's children are a crown to the aged"
Psalm 128:5 Message "Enjoy the good life in Jerusalem every day of your life. And enjoy your grandchildren. Peace to Israel!"
I close with a heart felt desire and prayer that God may find it true in each one of us women, as we BELIEVE and reflect that our JOY comes from having our cup filled and then the sweetness of the overflow:
2 Timothy 1:5 NIV "I have been reminded of your sincere faith, which first lived in your grandmother Lois and in your mother Eunice and, I am persuaded, now lives in you also."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
My heart - like the cup is overflowing after reading your post! So, so sweet!
I may not be sitting on that couch w/ you... but I am thanking God that you and I are family as well... God's family!
Bless you sister!
That's going to be a mighty big couch in heaven! Thanks for sharing your grandmother's heart and for listening to the tender heart of a child.
I'm so glad that our Father's lap has room enough for us all.
peace~elaine
What a beautiful granddaughter...You have every right to let your heart swell in love for her and her words!! And what a powerful reminder of how we should be in God's family. Thank you. I have been blessed by your words here!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Oh, how beautiful! I can't wait to hear my daughter say the word "mama." It's a moment I've longed to experience. I'm sure my heart will swell just as yours did. Blessings, my friend! May your cup continue to runneth over!
Rebecca
Post a Comment