Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Planting and Watering

On Tuesday evening, my husband hosted a KTA Registered Shoot here at our local gun range. He does this once a month during the spring-summer-fall months. Because I simply didn't have anything pressing that evening, I volunteered my time to help. This season along with the men, there are also several young boys & girls. They are participating in a 4-H Shooting program. These combined numbers of participants shows our State that we have a need in our area for this adult/child program.

When Bill came home later, he had a story to share with me. It was priceless to me and my heart! Bill said to me, "You were really good with those boys this evening." I was blessed but I pray that my Heavenly Father was even more blessed! As I was helping several boys between the ages of 10-14, I really didn't give it a thought, I was simply being me. You see, I love children. That may be one of those questions that I ask God when I get to heaven, "Lord, why did I not ever have children of my own?" Honestly, I don't think so, I think I will simply sit at His feet pouring my love onto Him. Our world needs men and women (this includes me) to love on other's children because perhaps their parents may be:

1) worn out
2) not have enough love to pass around
3) worldly driven
4) ill
5) simply haven't received the love of Christ, so they can only give so much because honestly they can only love so far, so much. God is LOVE!

1 John 4:8 "Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love."

1 John 4:12 "No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us."


You see, we can make a difference, even in the smallest of things, in our every day life. And there is always someone watching! ALWAYS! Bill also shared with me, that one particular young boy afterwards out in the parking lot asked him if that woman that was here, is she your wife? We never know whose life we will touch, or simply who is watching. My husband and this boy saw the heart of a woman that loves deeply because she loves God & He loves her. Not being prideful, but standing on God's word. I believe God. Did you know that God loves you also?

Will you allow God's love to flow through you and pour out onto some one else? Will you show Jesus to someone today? I have no idea what will happen with the ripple effect with this young man, but I know what God tells me in 1 Corinthians 3:5-9 Amplified:


"What then is Apollos? What is Paul? Ministering servants [not heads of parties] through whom you believed, even as the Lord appointed to each his task: I planted, Apollos watered, but God [all the while] was making it grow and [He] gave the increase. So neither he who plants is anything nor he who waters, but [only] God Who makes it grow and become greater. He who plants and he who waters are equal (one in aim, of the same importance and esteem), yet each shall receive his own reward (wages), according to his own labor. For we are fellow workmen (joint promoters, laborers together) with and for God; you are God's garden and vineyard and field under cultivation, [you are] God's building."


Will you say YES to God, and make a difference in someone's life today by either planting or watering and allowing God to give the increase?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, Yolanda! You are so right! You never know who is watching, but praise be to God that His love can shine through us...and that those who are watching can SEE and FEEL it! :) This is such a great story and a wonderful testimony to how the world is affected by our actions. You never know, those boys may just deeply need the love you offer so freely. What a blessing for you and them!

Thanks for your email! You are an encouragement to me!

Prayers and Blessings!
Rebecca

Lelia Chealey said...

AWESOME Yolanda!! Don't you love that God orchestrated your schedule so you'd be available?? He knew those young boys needed His touch or words through you.
You are such a neat woman.
Can't wait to meet in person!
Here's to saying YES...
Love,
Lelia

Paula V said...

As the Lord says in His Word that we are to be watchful of everything we do and say because believers and non will be watching us. We could make someone fall or could make someone walk toward Jesus. Thanks for sharing.
Paula

Michelle said...

Yes, yes, yes! I strive to plant, water, and shine God's love on others, especially young people. I've enjoyed your thoughts throughout the Yes to God study. I will keep you in my prayers as God takes you through this trial with your family.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

This is going to be one of those hard days to water and plant for me...but your right, it is what God calls us to do.
Your a blessing!

In His Graces~Pamela

Lelia Chealey said...

Yolanda,
I had to come re-read this post as I've been struggling with something of this nature...I'll e-mail you today.
Thanks for this post.
Love
Lelia

Kelley said...

Beautiful post, Yolanda! You have a heart hungry for more of the Lord and it is so evident in everything you write. Thanks for your encouragement and your willingness to step out and make a difference!

Love,
Kelley