Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Are you in NEED of a cleansing, a bath?

I had been procrastinating all last week at giving our Basset Hound a bath as I had an appointment for her annual check-up at the end of the week. Friday as a matter of fact! I'm thankful that Bill pushed me Thursdy evening to give Daisy her bath, so I could enjoy a very leisurely Friday morning with the Lord. Bill used reverse psychology on me. It's DREADFUL at times living with a Psychology major!



We got home from having a nice dinner out Thursday evening. Just the two of us which is rare these days, and upon arriving home I shared that I think I'll wait until in the morning for her bath. Bill said to me, "I knew you wouldn't wash her tonight." As he puts the vehicle in the garage, I change clothes and head out the back door for Miss Daisy and the baby pool. REMEMBER REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY!




There is a major lesson in this that I saw Saturday morning. She was filthy! I had been spraying fly spray on her every couple of days, and the fact that we had received some rain didn't help her coat any at all. Then on top of that, it had been at least 6 weeks since her last bath.

As I'm soaping her all up, I think about how we come to God filthy and he cleans us up. In my mind He has two cleansing agents....His BLOOD and THE WORD OF GOD. Psalm 51 is a great place to start. If you don't have a bible handy, click here.


After I lathered Miss Daisy up not once, but twice, I really wasn't able to get all of the soap out of her. I desired to get her super clean for she had been super dirty. Perhaps yourself, or some one you know hasn't surrendered to God yet, because they sense they are super dirty. Guess what? Jesus Christ's BLOOD is more than enough to cleanse any of us.

Back to this great visutal God gave me. Bill is outside watching the two of us by now and he suggests the COLD water hose to help get the soap off of her. After being handed the hose and the faucet turned on, only then am I able to get out all of the suds from her coat. She is THRILLED, she throws off that cold water by shaking it off and then just has a hay day. Running and running in the freedom of being clean and totally enjoying herself. We laughed and laughed, Bill & I, and found ourselves laughing once again as we crawled into bed Thursday evening of how much JOY she had from being clean. Aren't we the very same way? When we have repented and been forgiven MUCH....we have much joy!

Satan is like that cold water, in the fact that he likes to stir us up by throwing cold water on us to dampen the HIGHS of what God has done or is doing in our lives. What are we to do when others throw cold water on what God has called you to do? What He has specifically laid on your heart as you walk this out in obedience? Matthew 10:14 NIV "If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town." Just like Daisy, shake that cold water off Girlfriends...shake shake shake.


Remind yourselves, GOD LOVES ME! And that we, YOU AND I, are a reflection of Him!


Thank YOU Jesus that we have the Joy of the Lord, because we have allowed You to clean us up. That we can SHAKE OFF THE COLD THAT SATAN & OTHERS INFLICTS UPON US, and run in the freedom that You alone can give us. THANK YOU JESUS. Amen.

8 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Cute and very applicable! Great word friend.

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

Yolanda:
I've been praying about a particular area of obedience in my life for the past couple of days. I'm sensing his prod in a matter, but I need more clarity in the issue. I also could use a good washing!

You are a woman after her God. I appreciate all of the thought and work you put into your writings. Keep pressing on, friend. He is worth the run.

peace~elaine

Paula V said...

Good words and great analogy. That last photo fit very well with your words.

Unfortunately, I think it is very true that for many being so dirty we can feel unworthy of going to the Father. I'm afraid that might hinder more than we think. However, we cannot change that way of thinking but rather pray so that the Holy Spirit will convince them that no one is too dirty to come to the Lord. He is the only thing that can truly cleanse us. We can look to things of this world but it will only be a superficial cleaning if that.

I didn't know until about 2-3 years ago that cold water will remove soap. I guess warm/hot water acts as a suds agent and makes more suds. I learned this when I was trying to clean out paint brushes with soap and warm water. After many rinses, my beloved told me to rinse it in cold once all the soap has broken the paint. Actually, I use to not put soap on the brushes because I couldn't get rid of the suds. He then told me that I need to use soap because it breaks the paint, and then cold water to break the suds. Interesting,huh?
Sorry to ramble about nothing there for a bit.
Love,
Paula

Unknown said...

You know as I thought about the hot water...I was reminded of standing in the fire.

Maybe sometimes when we feel like we're being overwhelmed with life, it's hot water, pouring over us, sudsing us up to clean up some dirty spots. God's way of purifying us and making us more in the likeness of Christ.

Thank you for the lesson! Happy bathing everyone!

In Christ,
Mari

P.S. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and giving me a hug! I so needed it.

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

Happy Fourth of July My Sweet Siesta in Christ!!!

You are on to it, Girl! I got shot with the water on high pressure when I gave myself to My Father!

Satan doesn't fight fair and we know that, but still we listen to him, when we know better.

I know when I quit crying and telling on them to GOD, HE was still there wanting me to get up and do what I had been called to do, with HIS help, not alone.

Love the post! Perfect picture! A definite word!

Love and blessings,
Teri

Patty said...

What a great word! I loved the application. I have a Daisy too, she is a 50 lb. yellow lab of pure "beast" and joy!! She runs and runs after her bath. Actually, we put her in the tub and she drinks the water as it runs from the faucet. They bring a lot of laughter to our lives and God can teach us a lesson from them. :o)
Blessings,
Patty

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

How pleasant to come here after I posted today. So applicable!! Completelytied in together but your ost was more fun to read!! I plan to "shack, shake shake" in this walk of faith!!

In His Graces~Pamela

Lisa said...

Hi Yolanda!
Wow! We were on the same wavelength, weren't we? Very neat. This was a great word from a great passage of Scripture! Thanks!

Lisa :)