Monday, July 7, 2008

Who wants to dance?

Saturday morning I was reading out of Romans when I came across this scripture:

"For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the likeness of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers" Romans 8:29

What speaks to your heart from this scripture? What I saw and wrote in my journal was this: "Am I ALLOWING God to conform me?" He predestined it, but do we become hardened from the get go by not ALLOWING ourselves to be more like Him? To be Christ-like? His image, His thoughts and His ways. What am I or you holding onto causing our paths to go a different direction than what He intended for us?

I have a visual of this being a very awkward dance, don't you? You've seen couples dance where one doesn't feel the same beat. They pull against one another, going in opposite directions. When our hearts & our Christian "walk" beat with the same heart-felt beat as Christ's, we see a beautiful and graceful dance. Like a two-step or even a ballet, where Christ is in the lead and you and I are His partner. It is so BEAUTIFUL and brings much JOY to our souls!

When our feet are stepping into line with His footsteps; there is unity, grace, and peace. Our hearts mesh with His, beating as One. Being conformed to the likeness of his Son!!!!!

" And how can they preach unless they are sent? As it is written, 'How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news!'" Romans 10:15


Dancing here on earth is walking out our faith, placing our hope in the One to guide and direct us, allowing Him to lead us to show the world, that we are a peculiar people. That we love the One who died for each one of us because He loved us. When we have that love in us, we can then love others. Because of Him, we have beautiful feet, a beautiful dance! Remember, you and I have the PERFECT dance partner, so lets dance!!

Message Psalm 51:7 "Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing."

10 comments:

Melinda said...

LOVE this! What a beautiful picture of our "process" with Christ! And that scripture! Just Awesome!

Hope you're enjoying some fancy footwork with your Redeemer in the splendor of His creation. :o)

Love ya,
Melinda

Lelia Chealey said...

Right now I feel like I'm in a ball room contest and Christ is my lead and satan is just salivating at the judges table waiting for me to mess up. It's such a good place to be. The good part is that when not if, but when I do mess up, I have a Savior that will rescue me and conform me until I get the steps just right. Good place.

LynnSC said...

Loved this post!! I have never been one to be a graceful dancer... but I do hope that my dance looks better from His throne than it feels like down here. The greatest part is that He can already see how the dance ends... He knows the grand ending.

Thanks so much for sharing this visual with us. I will be thinking about it for a while to come.
Lynn

About Nancy said...

I love your analogy of faith being like dancing with God. How true. Great visual.
Thanks!
Nancy

Paula V said...

Great analogy and visual illustration.

Your words of hardened stuck out at me. I think this world can cause us to become hardened also. That is the reason we must put on the full armor of God so we are protected from the attacks of this world and prevent our hard hearts.

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

I am a terrible dancer but I would like to be like David and dance in the streets (not naked) because of my joy in the Lord!!

Harden hearts are liek arthritis ad prevets you from moving in the right way....

Great thoughts!!

In His Graces~Pamela

valerie said...

Yolanda,
I'm so glad you and your husband experienced such a beautiful day together yesterday and that you recognized God's delight. Thanks for sharing that.
I am appreciating my blessings so much more these days. He's so good to me, how can I not?
Have another great day!
Love,
Valerie

Kristen said...

He predestined my dance!

Oh how I pray I don't step on Christ's toes during our dance! Lead me dear Savior!

Joyful said...

This is a great post Yolanda. Last year my theme verse was, "There is...a time to dance". I want to live fully in His lavish embrace. I have little "dance" reminders all around my home - visuals that call me to remain in His arms, following His lead, into all that He has planned for me.

Let the music play,
Joy

Jennifer said...

Just popped on over from Aroma Of Joy. Your blog is very uplifting! I'm new to the "blogging world" and look forward to coming back for another visit. Thanks for allowing me to leave you a comment.