Lord, I want to be a woman that says YES TO YOU! I want to witness first hand what happens when women walk in faith, simply trusting and obeying You! I honestly want to be a woman that understands just how far You, and YOU ALONE, pulled me from the pit into a life worth living. I want to be a woman that gives an opportunity to others that God places in my path. An opportunity is simply that....a chance.
A year ago the Lord showed me how I had allowed compromise into my life by who I had allowed into my circle of friends. The compromise came from a small number of "others" that were in authority over me. They were asking me to do things that God had already told me not to do. Please remember, this is something God showed me and wanted me to HEAR HIM, to do so He got me ALONE. These people are BELIEVERS but they hadn't walked through what I had with Jesus Christ. He had brought me from a mighty big pit of poor choices others had chosen for me as a young child and choices I had made for myself as I grew older. When He got me alone, I then came into such a deep understanding that today, I BELIEVE GOD. He has healed me of many strongholds and stumbling blocks in my life these past 8 years since I gave my life to Him.
Why am I telling you this? Because Girlfriend, where ever you are, there is NOTHING TOO BIG OR TOO SMALL FOR GOD TO HEAL AND/OR CHANGE IN YOUR LIFE. That He desires the best for us and there are times that others truly don't have our best in mind. Will you allow God to heal and/or bring about a change in your life?
I am in the process of training a part-time position in my office and who God chose to bring into my presence is simply amazing! A beautiful young single mother that loves her God, loves her baby girl, and is hungering for healing and change. This young woman has absolutely no skills as she is working towards her G.E.D./Diploma. You know what, that doesn't even scare me. It excites me! I have the opportunity to give her a chance because 1. God gave me a chance and 2. Bill gave me a chance. This is so exciting to show her how I do things, and I imagine in my mind, that she will follow suit. That when I'm out of the office and return, I will find things just like I left them...only better, because she will have accomplished the work, just as if I had done it myself.
Not only is this woman looking for a change, but God brought about a change for me also! I love that about Him, He simply KNOWS best.
Now think of this in spiritual terms with me. I came to Jesus with absolutely no skills for a walk with Him. I came with a desire to love Him, to love my Man more, hungering for healing due to a penitent heart and a hunger for change. That change being....a peace that surpasses all understanding. That change being a life of no longer sinning ON PURPOSE. You know what, that did not scare GOD. It excited Him because HE CAN DO ALL THINGS! He knew that my heart would LEARN to trust and obey Him. That I would hunger to please Him, that I would want to hear Him say, "That's My Girl!"
My deepest desire today is to point others to The Savior, to love with the love of Christ, to walk in faith, and simply say yes to God. That all of this would be evident in my life to bring Honor and Glory to the Name above all names, Jesus Christ.
Father, for anyone that is reading this needing a second chance in life, I pray that they understand that second chance, comes from You. Lord, draw them near. Amen.
Matthew 19:26 NIV "Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.'"
Romans 8:28 NIV "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."
Philippians 4:7 Holman Christian Standard Bible "And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Second chances...His mercies are indeed NEW every morning.
GREAT is THY FAITHFULNESS, O Lord!
A beautiful word...
XO Melinda
I enjoyed reading your words - He is a second chance God, how wonderful is that!! I also read the post following and couldn't agree more about God placing Christian women in our lives - I have been blessed by many, even one who I consider to be a spiritual mom. He works in amazing ways, we just have to open our eyes (and hearts) to see it.
Blessings,
Jill
What an amazing blessing you must be to those around you! Because you listen and obey the voice of God! We all could use a do-over sometimes, huh? Thank the Lord He is King of do-overs!
Your words bless!
Thank you, Yolanda, for your tender heart toward others needing a second chance. I've had mine. Even been back for thirds and fourths and thousandths! Our God is so good.
peace~elaine
Amen!!! God is so good, and so patient, and so kind, and so loving! I'm glad that He is an understanding God that gives us the chances we need when we find that we have messed up!
Oh Yolanda, how you spoke to my heart today!
I see a thread of similarity that runs through our lives... I too allowed a compromise in my life with an individual I allowed into my circle of friends. God came w/ a might sword and severed it!
What a blessing this young woman is to you and what a blessing you are to her. I am so excited for both of you. Yes, I came to Christ with nothing but a big load of garbage that I needed Him to help me deal with and the desire and need for a second chance!
You are a light in this world... Shine Sister Shine!!!
Hi Yolanda,
I'm Lea. I had to stop in tonight and I'm so happy I did.
I enjoyed reading your thoughts and I'm so glad God is the God of second chances.
Lea
I think second chances are about as sweet as it gets.
I love reading the words there is nothing to big or to small for God. So much of our worry could be stopped if we just believed that.
A most enjoyable post.
How sweet Yolanda...you will be perfect for her. I do beleive in second chances and third's and forths....God will use us in a mighty way here. I will be praying for you in this spiritual relationship!!
In His Graces~Pamela
I just love you to pieces!!
You are such a Precious Warrior for Our FATHER.
Your heart is strong with HIS love and no weapon formed against you will prosper as long as you hold onto HIM and HIM alone. HE is your strength and your great reward.
Thank you Father for allowing Yolanda to come into my life and bless me!
Love and prayers,
Teri
Yolanda, Thanks so much for reminding us that He is a God of 2nd, 3rd, 4th to infinity for chances! He is so awesome. Loved the scripture that He blessed you with to share with us! I can't say enough about the extraordinary women that He's placed in my life--you're one of them!! You are just precious, and your blog lifts me up. I wish that you lived closer!!
Enjoy this beautiful day!
Love ya,
Susan
I found your blog through a friends and just wanted you to know that your post was beautifully said! Thank you for posting that it really encouraged my heart.
Hi Yolanda..
Please come to my blog I have two awards for you.
Hugz Lorie
Good Words. Thanks so much for visiting my blog site.
Post a Comment