Saturday, February 7, 2009

Circle of LIFE

Girlfriends, Welcome in the name of Jesus, our Lord and Savior...the Name above all names. On Thursday morning as I was headed to our office I noticed a sign at our local Pizza Hut. "Smiles Wanted. Apply With-in". I immediately went to the day before as I was surrounded in the school lunchroom with beautiful 6th graders all around, busy eating their lunch, noisy as they shared their hearts. Why would I say beautiful? Because there was tons of laughter at no one's expense at the table I happened to be sitting at.

I said to my little girlfriend that I mentor, "Aren't people beautiful when they smile?" She was totally in agreement as well as the other young girls that sat there enjoying lunch and fellowship.

This is not about me, but I want to use myself as an example to show that I fully understand the passage of scripture from Luke 7. I feel that this is so important today and heavy on my heart as February has been the month of "love" for centuries. I wonder, are we showing and giving love like Christ asks of us?
Luke 7:36-50, please take a moment to grab your bible, your coffee and catch up with me.

As you read that passage of scripture, what do you see happening here? I see a MIRACLE. Jesus allows her to TOUCH Him. To accept the tears, to welcome the kiss, to bless the touch. He knew every thing about her past, but more importantly He knows all about her future. She is showing her love for Jesus and He is RECEIVING her love with total abandonment as the Pharisee Simon sat there and watched this exchange. Christ's words are so important here for each one of us that has been this sinful woman...."Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven-for she loved much.", verse 47a NIV. and He goes on to tell her, to tell you and to tell me..."Your sins are forgiven". I have been told to my face to leave, your not wanted here. My heart can grasp the thoughts that Simon was thinking. Perhaps you join me as well....one of many, that could easily have been the woman with the alabaster box. Believe me, I KNOW the sinful woman, and more importantly I received from Christ just as she received from Christ.

But I wonder, what will you and I do with our healing? And that is my challenge for you and I today, tomorrow and always. God does not exclude, so why do we? Being a Christian is not a club, there is no price to pay for us to be a Christian, that price was paid by Jesus Christ at Calvary. It is a gift, may you and I be gift givers.

We have been forgiven MUCH, will we in turn forgive the little? God asked me this as I awoke from my slumber last week, early in the morning. I hadn't been in this passage, but it came front and center, and really hasn't left there. I'm in Esther with CBS (Community Bible Study) and that same week we were learning all about BEING A MEAN WOMAN. Let me tell you, some mean came out of me, and I had to deal with some stuff. But in the midst of that week of homework, God spoke as I mentioned earlier to my heart. Will I forgive the little? Thursday morning as I sat here thinking about that smile wanted and to apply with-in, isn't that a wonderful gift to give to another?


Will you and I allow the sinful woman or man that happens to be in our midst: grace, mercy, and even forgiveness? How about a smile? I want to show you something I learned a few years ago when I received so much healing for my poor choices early in life. It impacted my thinking and it is a great refresher for me today.

Yolanda's Circle of Life:


I ask that you grab your own piece of paper, and emulate what I am presenting to you, but where I have the word "Samaritan" written 12 times outside of my circle, I ask that you write 12 actual names of those that you possibly haven't been allowing in. Samaritans and prodigals alike.

I am doing the very same thing as I haven't done this exercise for a few years and I need to. Then lets you and I commit to praying for these 12 people that Jesus Christ died for, to being kind to them when we are in their presence, to bless with a smile, and to reach out to them. May we cut others and ourselves some slack. You and I may never know, but they could very well be angels. God may very well use us to speak through & by doing so, allowing their own healing.

Hebrews 13:2 NIV "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

Father God, thank You for Your precious word. For precious healings, for precious Brothers and Sisters that You use to touch our own lives. Lord, we desire to be like You, cause us to open up our circle of life and allow the world's cast off's to truly receive their very own healing. Lord, You are so good to us. May we pour forth grace, mercy and forgiveness today, tomorrow and always. Let that begin with a much needed smile for someone this very day. In the blessed name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
**2/08/2009, being in the morning (Sunday) and a flurry for many of us, I decided to bless the evening before. I used random.org pulling the comments from the last post I had written. I wanted to CELEBRATE the one year anniversary of Higher Grounds as a blog with an unannounced give away. Thank You Christ Jesus for writing through me. Thank you Ladies for entering my own Circle of Life this past year. Words can not express what you have done to my heart and to my world. The winner's are as I wanted to choose two: #13 Valerie and #19 Heather C. were picked by using this format. Please send me your U.S. Snail Mail address and I'll get a Beth Moore devotion, journal, pocket calendar and a coaster for your Coffee or Tea headed your direction to each one of you.**

16 comments:

Kathy Butryn said...

Hi Yolanda...Love this exercise. What a great idea. Think I'll sit down and do this next week.
Have a great Sunday!
hugs,
kath

LisaShaw said...

I appreciate this message Yolanda. By God's grace I've done a teaching on the "Sinful woman" of Luke 6 who was forgiven. PRAISE THE LORD!

Good pondering and faith at works message you've done also. God bless.

TRUTH SHARER said...

Challenging post - today. Seems like God has had that 'forgiveness' theme going on this week with a few of us.

Your post made me think of something that God has shown me over the last two years - similar to what you mentioned. Jesus was always INCLUSIVE - never EXCLUSIVE. He drew people TO Him. Even the most sinful people.
Jesus asks me to do the same - but as you said - sometimes [and for many years prior] I had chosen 'my circle of friends' and kept 'others' out [for whatever reasons].
Since I now have a transplanted heart - and a new pair of eyes - Christ has shown me more and more how to 'see and feel' through His heart and His eyes. He wants to embrace them all! I must be His arms!

Looking Upward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie

Vickie said...

Beautiful message Yolanda. Even though I have read this many times before, it's like I am seeing it in a new light.

blessings,
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Yolanda, what great words from God's word! I love that story about the woman --- for we ALL are forgiven much!! The sweet aroma from this perfume is what I want my life to be for Jesus! :) :)
I like the activity project and need to do this. :) :) :)
Love the Pizza Hut words--
'Smiles Wanted--apply within':) :)
Blessings & Hugs,:) :) :) :) :) :)
Miriam :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Jennifer said...

After reading this I was smiling. Wow! I love this post. God bless!

Leah Adams said...

A post that will challenge everyone. Each of us, I fear, has people that we have excluded for one reason or another. I will be pondering on this for a while.

Bless you, dear sister.

Leah

Lisa said...

God reminded me yesterday as I was laughing with a girlfriend over something silly, how much it ministers to the soul. Thank you for sharing your heart today. I'm going to be intentional this week in sharing that smile.
Blessings - Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Sonday Yolanda! I'm sitting here with my sweet sick boy... and wow, what an awesome challenge. I've made some huge errors in this area. During my legalistic era I am ashamed at how I judged and talked to these folks... bible beating is definitely not being light to others. And, I've also gone through and still find myself holding others at bay. I pray to always ask seek our Lord for how I act to those folks. Thanks so much for this teaching today Friend.

Anonymous said...

You speak the truth here. I see your LIGHT dwelling within. My dear, you have shown me your light in your obedience to God. I cherish your blogging friendship. I only wish that my Circle of Life, wouldn't have a whole 12 people in it, the truth is, the page most likly needs to contain more than 12. God is using you to get to me. Sometimes when I neglet my studies he sends something my way through you.

Thank you my dear Sister. I Thank God for you.

God Bless
Tess

elaine @ peace for the journey said...

This morning in SS, a couple walked into our midst that hadn't been attending our church for over two years now. There were some very hurtful words spoken by the husband of this couple to my husband. Needless to say, I had a difficult time seeing them there. The only seats available were next to me. Thus, I now have a name or two to add to my circle of LIFE.

I'm not sure why they were there, but I'm pretty sure that I didn't want them to be.

Thanks, Yolanda, for this post and congrats to you on your blogaversary and to the winners.

peace to you in your week~elaine

Terri Tiffany said...

Congrats on one year! Today our pastor spoke about the Good Samaritan and how we need to ask who our neighbor is to help.
You are a blessing to me!

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh gee Yolanda...do I have to?!?!?!? I hear your message and in Sunday school we talked about purifying our hearts in order to truly love as God calls us to...grief. Big challenge here.

I am with you...

In His Graces~Pamela

Daveda said...

Hi Yolanda, thanks for stopping by my blog. And thank you for your encouraging comment.

As I read through your post I was reminded of Proverbs 27:17

Iron Sharpens iron; so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.

The way we are with others can cause them to laugh or cry, smile or frown...

Anonymous said...

Love your new picture!! What a great smile! :D
Miriam

Laura said...

This really preaches, Yolanda. I am loving Esther! We just watched the one on Mean girls on Friday, and, let me tell you, Beth was preachin'! What a great message.

I love the visual you give us, this drawing really made me think. I've been convicted of closing my heart a bit lately...

Thanks for giving me something to think about regarding that.

love you, lady,
laura