Last night as my husband had a fire roaring in the fireplace and I had a casserole in the oven, I looked out the window as the sun was setting and look what I saw.
The fog was just rolling in over the mountain and I thought to myself....how we can stand on God's word and prayerfully not be moved...when all of a sudden a fog rolls in and over us.
That is when we need to become more aware of God's PRESENCE....He tells us that He will never leave us or forsake us. This has been my scripture memory verse since February 15th and here once again the Lord was giving me a visual. I must get my thoughts to align with His. He tells me that He loves me, He knit me in my mother's womb, that my name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life. And when I place my thoughts, my meditations, my eyes on Him...then a HOLY CONSUMING FIRE begins to burn brighter and brighter with-in me. In turn, this warms another in my presence to desire these very things for their own life so the fog will roll away and that Jesus becomes their all as well.
A quote or two that I have come across this week, both authors are Unknown:
1) Feed on God's faithfulness to find the strength you need.
2)What are you doing in your life to move toward God?
I want to encourage you Girlfriends and Guy friends that if you have found youself just a tad "foggy" this week, to feed on God's faithfulness, YOU WILL FIND THE STRENGTH YOU NEED. Pray, get in His word, BE STILL AND KNOW HIM.
This morning as the sun came up over the mountain....the fog was no longer a factor. The SON has risen indeed!
Father God, thank You for providing tutorials for Your word. Deuteronomy 31:6 ESV has just come so alive to me the past two weeks. You knew that I would need that particular scripture to lean upon and I thank You. I ask Lord, that who-ever happens to be reading here and may be discouraged that they come away with a Holy Fire burning with-in them to KNOW YOU and to get still before You. Father, we love and adore You. Your SON has provided the ONLY Hope. In Christ's Name....Amen.
**What do you do to move closer to God?**
Lovingly as I reach for Higher Grounds,
Yolanda
12 comments:
What I do to move closer to God:
Journal
Get quite and alone, even if it is 10 minutes soaking in the tub!
Pray
God's Word
Make myself available for another
Go for a walk
Listen to music
I love the contrast of the two photos! His Word is a lamp unto my feet that makes the shadows flee... hallelujah! :) Beautiful post, Yolanda!
Don't you just love it when God give you visuals to go along with what you are learning!! He knows that some of us are very visual learners and some learn by doing and being.
He is truly Jehovah Jireh in every sense of the word.
Leah
I love the view out of your window. I need to post my view in comparison....
I love this. I we absolutely have to have that time with God and His Word if we want to move closer. The MOST important part of our day.
Thanks Yolanda!
In Him,
Beth
Beautiful images to go along with the scripture. It's funny--as someone very new to memorizing scripture I find that when I pick a verse I'll tend to see it around me a lot...maybe on other blogs, etc.
What's ironic is that there is a church near me that always has something interested listed on the sign outside.
I thought of it as soon as I read your post....it says "Feeling far from God lately? Guess who moved!"
That is a good question. Because if we are not moving toward God, we are either standing still or moving away from Him.
Great thoughts to ponder.
You said it right here, what I need to do to get closer to God: BE STILL and give my thoughts and my energies to Him. I so easily get caught up in my own day-to-day world, that if I don't consciously make an effort to take time out for Him, the next thing I know, the day is gone, and I'm farther away instead of closer. My favorite part: The SON has risen indeed! Amen, Yolanda! I praise the Lord for that! And for you, too.:-)
Awesome pictures! Do you live in the wilderness?
I love the contrast too. I have such foggy days and then I focus on Jesus and it lifts.
I am reading more devitionals, praying more and counting my blessings!
Yolanda,
I have been in a "foggy" for a while now. But I do see the fog is lifting, and the SON is shinning down on me. But I also an having to walk back up the mountain to get closer to the Son, so that I don't grow cold.
I love you for your heart and your visuals and your enthusiasim to share.
Tess
Wow, Yolanda! You live where I want to live...nestled close to God's mountains. I can always find God when I'm in close proximity to his literal mountains. Thanks for such a beautiful reminder of his "rolling" onto the scenes of our lives, everyday and in unexpected ways.
Drawing close to him this week~elaine
I also loved the contrasting view of your pictures - how God used that to speak to your heart. What a view!!! Wow!
The Lord is always drawing me to the window in the back of my house where He usually has some special thing painted in the sky for me! He is soooo personal - IF we are paying attention!
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
PS: that's the reason for my tag of Looking UPward - always waiting for Him to show His glory or His coming!
I love the photo of the fog rolling in, and I needed this post too. Foggy is a great description of how I've been feeling.
Saturday night I was emailing someone about how much I admire Elijah. Sunday, the message focused on Elihah and being still. There was a lot more to it but the point being, He was there and speaking to me. Nothing is better.
Rich blessings to you!
Post a Comment