Saturday, April 25, 2009

Are we allowing a change?

I've been so incredibly blessed to spend some extra quality time with two lovely women that are seeking GOD like never before on Friday late afternoon through Saturday morning. We decided to set some time apart from our families and busy schedule to just get alone with one another and God. No cell phones, just us, God, The Word, food and time. We planned an over night excursion right here in our very own community at a Bed & Breakfast. We booked about a month ago and asked for the "Bunk House". It was absolutely the perfect spot in this season of our lives.

I so had planned on a few pictures but we got busy the minute we all arrived until we left on Saturday morning. The camera never came out and so you'll just have to use your imagination as well as the pictures off of the website for the B&B.

As I then spent some time alone once I arrived home I was reflecting upon the change in me and in them SINCE Christ. I'm telling you that if you have never given your heart to Christ, that change is so worth all the effort and time involved and to KEEP PRESSING THROUGH. I would like to speak for these two ladies as well as myself, but we will never ever arrive on the other side as perfect while walking here in the flesh on earth. BUT we can little by little become more like Christ and leave our old natures behind. I was sharing on Friday night that 2 Corinthians 5:17 NIV "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" in the margin of my bible I had written: God is in the recycling business!!

I have no idea where I heard that or from whose lips but isn't it the truth, Girlfriends and Guy friends? So will you and I allow Him to change us little by little, glory by glory? OR will we stay in that deep rut that only leads us farther away from Him taking us farther into the pit?


Father, Thank You for the gift of friendships. I love my friends and I love how YOU orchestrated these relationships. Lord, I so remember just not that long ago desperately trying to juggle life and You. And honestly, I still from time to time find myself in that cycle. YET, I'm so thankful that I had other women that would give of themselves into my own life to encourage me to continue stepping with one foot in front of the other. To continue in Your word, whether it be 5 minutes or it be x
amount of time. But to give and to start and to not give up. May I pour myself out for these women or any woman that You place in my path. I'm forever thankful Lord. I love YOU like crazy, Lord. In Christ's Name, Amen.

13 comments:

Rachel said...

that bunk house is DARLING!! So glad you got a mini-retreat without ever having to leave town. that is the BEST!

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

I am so glad that God is in the recycling business. I now I needed a complete overhaul and I am so glad because of it.

Love the fact that you went someplace locally, I bet it refreshed not only you physically, but spiritually, mentally and emotionally as well.

Love your posts this morning!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Lisa said...

I'm looking forward to a retreat next weekend with some new friends. My prayer is that we all return CHANGED by Him!
Blessings - Lisa

Leah Adams said...

Just when I think that He has done all the work on me He possibly could, He begins another renovation. Good heavens, I am in a constant state of renovation in my heart. Thank you, Jesus, that you do not leave us like you find us!!

Have a blessed weekend, friend.

leah

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful time with your friends! I will check out the pictures on the website of the place ya'll went to. That sounds like such a time of refreshment! I can't remember the last time I did something like that!

Marilyn

valerie said...

I love the bunk house. How perfect for your all for this little retreat. I know you had a great time.
I'm so glad God send us special friends. I sure don't know what I'd do without mine.
Love you Yolanda!
Valerie

Beth Herring said...

I am jealous with Godly jealousy! I wish I could have shared that time with you too.

I am so glad that you had a great time.Isn't God just so merciful and so amazing?

Beth

Tracy said...

You are so faithful to pour out on us and no doubt many others in your life. What an awesome way to refresh and renew. Times like this are SO important. (How great that you didn't even have to leave town!) 2 Corinthians 5:17 is one of my FAVORITE verses...ever! How true that quote of yours is! How I praise God for it's truth!!!

Letting Him recycle me!
Tracy

Anonymous said...

I like the thought of "God is in the recycling business". I haven't heart that before.

Solitude with God always feeds the soul. A wise follower will choose to steal away for alone time with God.

I am off to see pics of the bunkhouse.

Shalom,
Denise

Terri Tiffany said...

I can imagine your time with your friends was wondeful! You are such an upbeat person and would be fun to hang out with!

Edie said...

Sounds like a great time of refreshing! How fun to be in a place where you can direct all your focus on God and the friends He has provided.

Rich blessings to you Yolanda!

LisaShaw said...

Yolanda it sounds like you had a wonderful time and a well deserved one. You're a blessing to many.

Crown of Beauty said...

What a lovely way to spend time with God. I checked out The Bunkhouse, and wow, it was so cozy.... You are right to say that we need to allow change to come into our lives... or else our spirituality grows stale. Like a teacher that uses yellowed notes all through the years, teaching the same stuff, making no room for the new! God is always speaking new things to us.

I praise God for you, Yolanda, for your passion for Him...for always wanting to go up to HIGHER GROUNDS!

What an encouraging post! May God be glorified in your life all the more.