Lord, are we any different than the Israelites 2,000 plus years ago? You have led us and fed us, but aren't we going 10,000 directions instead of the straight and narrow? They asked for a king. We demand a president. Their king began to no longer pay attention and some where down the line our President(s) no longer paid attention either.
2 Chronicles 11:15 NLT "So the king paid no attention to the people's demands. This turn of events was the will of God, for it fulfilled the prophecy of the LORD spoken to Jeroboam son of Nebat by the prophet Ahijah from Shiloh."
Did you catch that? This turn of events was the will of God. Isn't our turn of events also the will of God? 1 Thessalonians Chapter 5. Check it out! verse 4 & 5 NIV so encourages me, "But you, brothers, are not in darkness so that this day should surprise you like a thief. You are all sons of the light and sons of the day. We do not belong to the night or to the darkness." Notice it doesn't say that we won't be sad or hurt, but that we should not be surprised.
2 Timothy 3: 1-5 NIV "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with them."
I was encouraged when I read 2 Chronicles 12:7a NLT "When the LORD saw their change of heart". I truly pray that we, the Remnant of Believers will along with God see a change in our hearts, the hearts of the American people. What an amazing thing that would be to witness, amen? AMEN! Verse 12 of this same chapter spoke to me as well, "Because Rehoboam humbled himself, the LORD's anger was turned aside, and he did not destroy him completely. And there was still goodness in the land of Judah." I pray that President Obama will humble himself, that the Lord's anger will turn aside and we will not be completely destroyed, that there would still be goodness in the land of the United States of America.
Father, Thank You for WHO You are and for the sacredness of the allowance to be Your child. For the change You have made and CONTINUE to make in my heart. Lord, I want NONE of 2 Timothy 3:2-5 to be found in me, if it is, LORD, please take it from me. I know that YOU ALONE ARE POWER. I do not deny You. I ask that we would be found, as a Nation, hungering and thirsting after You. I pray that there would be a Remnant that rises to the challenge set before us, to be found lifting our Nation to the throne room. Seeking forgiveness, a humbled heart and weeping for the sins of our Nation. Lord, may we join You as we are not surprised, yet found yearning for things to be made right. Right in Your sight and aligning with the Word of God. Praise You Father, Praise You. Amen.
Lovingly,
Yolanda @ Higher Grounds
13 comments:
Welcome back home! And thank you again for sharing what is on your heart with all of us:) you are a treasure!
This is a good and timely word. When others all around are living in fear of our times...we can trust that our nation's plight is not a surprise to God.
Lord, may we call on Your name!!!!!
Ooohh...you know I'm right with you on this one, sister-friend! Standing together in our belief that God will change the heart of one man to the positive change of many.
Welcome home,
Melinda
NLT "When the LORD saw their change of heart". AMEN! Wow, that is my prayer, too for myself and for the Body of Christ here in the U.S.A. I don't know that we have awakened as a Church to the seriousness of the hour and that also is my constant prayer. May God bless you as you stand in the gap in this very important time. I have thought, too of how we are getting what we asked for. I pray for President Obama to turn to the Lord and that we as a nation would look to the One and Only True Savior- Christ Jesus. Bless you sister! Love, Laurie
Yolanda,
What a great post! I have thought about these very scriptures and know we Christians must humble ourselves and pray!
Blessings,
Miriam
p.s.-Glad you and your dh are home!
This post could have come straight from my heart!
We need to be seeking Him and hitting our knees in prayer.
Thanks dear friend,
Beth
Don't you love it when scripture jumps out and grabs you like this. My devotional this morning was so powerful and literally God couldn't have arranged it to be more clear in the last 24 hours.
Thanks for sharing. You, my friend, always bless me!!
In His Graces~Pamela
Hey, lady,
praying special blessings over you and yours this Holy week.
luv, to you.
being part of the last days remnant has always been my desire. and we all need to always be ready for the coming back of Jesus. HOnest post, and great insights. Thank you.
Dear Lady,
I love this. If you would like to e-mail me later about your pain and hurt from attacks, I'm listening.
I too still get attacked and truthfully I want to fight with the sword of my mouth instead of the sword of HIS word.
Hear me clearly, Precious One, Jesus is GOD - the GOD of the OT and the NT....however...if we do not read the Bible looking back through the lens of Christ coming to earth fully GOD and fully human
the gospel is lost.
Those who condemn and condemn and continue to attack us for our past sins DO NOT believe in the gospel of Christ...the good news..evangelion.....GOD came and dwelt in human flesh to take your sins and mine.
Without believing that and holding that we are still in sin - is to deny Christ and the gospel.
Scary...that's what the Jews were doing...and they were considered "antichrist"...against or opposed to HIM and HIS message that HE was and is GOD and the good news is we can be forgiven.
Love you,
Teri
Yolanda,
First of all, welcome back!
Second thanks for your comment over on my site. I have been pretty quiet there since I put out the prayer request. I finally got up my Yes to God post today. But I am feeling better. Back to regular eating and all... Faith and fear are battling it out in me... Hope and despair... my usual battles I guess.
I loved what you wrote here.
"Notice it doesn't say that we won't be sad or hurt, but that we should not be surprised."
Just like Jesus said, in this world you will have trouble, but I have overcome the world. I am going to have the trials, temptations, difficulties, hurt... we all, are and we shouldn't be surprised. I wonder how many times the bible talks about rejoicing in our sufferings?
Thank you for the encouragement!
God bless,
Heather
I just heard through a friend that Rick Warren has asked to sit down with Obama and talk to him with scripture to show him some things about stem cell research. Anyone know anything about that? I don't watch TV but we must be praying for boldness with anyone who has any opportunity to share the WORD with that president.
I know you are praying for his salvation - so it might start when he hears the Word spoken. Let us PRAY!!!!
Looking UPward and Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[In Flight]
WHAT A WORD today! WOW!
I'm so glad you shared this Yolanda!
I hadn't caught that before.
I gotta go read it all again. heehee
Thanks...
Isn't it funny how the more you drink the thirstier you get?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment