"But I do not have the strength to endure. I do not have a goal that encourages me to carry on." Job 6:11 NLT
This really spoke to my heart as I hear of others that seem as if they are wandering. Perhaps not happy with their lives or just in a funk. As if their life is a blank page and they don't have anything to write. The blank page seems to really hit my heart as that speaks volumes of one that is discouraged seeing that with fresh eyes as one not having a goal or a dream. I tend to be more positive vs negative as my walk "ages" with Christ. I am encouraged this morning to see that as an endless possibility for BIG DREAMS. WOW....a blank page!
Merriam-Webster dictionary says that "goal" is: the end toward which effort is directed; and the synonym they have is INTENTION. EXCITING. You'll understand my exuberance, perhaps, in a moment.
Just this past week I read that we need to get our eyes off of this world and focus them on ETERNITY. Now that gets my heart pumping and the thought process whirling, how about you? Here is what I read from "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan: "LUKEWARM PEOPLE think about life on earth much more than eternity in heaven. Daily life is mostly focused on today's to do list, this weeks schedule, and next month's vacation. Rarely, if ever, do they intently consider the life to come. Regarding this, C.S. Lewis wrote, 'If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were precisely those who thought most of the next. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this.'" I believe this is an amazing truth, and I had never really thought about it in this tone. I also had no idea that I would write about it, but as I came across Job 6:11 and I sat to write, this is what poured forth from my fingers. Back to my exuberance, did you see it? Intently?
If I have my spirit, soul and body focused on ETERNITY, then don't I have a goal? Perhaps in our natural man, one would argue saying that a vacation is a goal. But when you come home from your vacation, are you still reeling from the excitement, or has it wore off like earthly things do? My mind says, YES and that is what encourages ME to keep on keeping on. To have ETERNITY be my INTENTION and that my effort be directed towards eternity, then I'm furthering the kingdom of God. Even fanning to flame my First Love, Jesus Christ. How cool!!!
Father, You are the Creator and You created me with eternity on Your mind. You have a plan and a purpose for me and that gives me hope and encouragement. Thank You Father for having dreamed bigger dreams for me than I can even begin to dream. Those dreams turning into goals and bringing my purpose into perspective. Father, simply, You ARE The Best. Loving You and Your Son, Jesus. Amen.
Lovingly,
Yolanda
Higher Grounds
17 comments:
You just keep speaking TRUTH over us! What a blessing.
Father keep me focused on YOU today! Keep my thoughts on the things that bring You pleasure. May my actions bring You glory. May my efforts be directed towards eternity! May it all be about You!
Blessings - Lisa
This was so amazing to wake up to this morning. I could feel God pouring out His words through reading your blog this morning. I felt His amazing presence.
Thank you for posting, as it gives me the inspiration to get through my day.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Volumes are spoken within this post! Big dreams - goals -intentions - Lukewarm people - now - eternity - WOW! CS Lewis is rarely off the mark - "It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this."
A good reminder for me this day to consider my focus - the tasks of this day or the goal for the next life!
Shalom,
Denise
"God has made every thing beautiful in it's time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; Yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to the end." (Ecc. 3:11)
He's put it in our hearts to long for... so why are we so easily distracted? Thanks for this great reminder to live in light of eternity, Yolanda!
Don't you just love the Crazy Love book? I have been incredibly challenged by it.
Have a blessed weekend.
Leah
I'm so bad to not set goals! I don't know what that is so hard for me to do because when I do make goals things seem to go along so much smoother! And I know which direction to head out in. I hope to do better soon!
Marilyn
OK - You just reminded me again about that book, Crazy Love. My son-in-law read it and said how awesome it was - that he needed a month to ponder it all. I keep fogetting to order it. Guess it's going on my new 'book wish list'. Thanks for the reminder.
Great post.
Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[Kneeling in Prayer]
GREAT message and I have to get that Crazy Love book!!!
Bless you!
"I am encouraged this morning to see that as an endless possibility for BIG DREAMS. WOW....a blank page!" Amen. I love your heart and passion for the Lord. I feel the same ways about goals and dreams. God has certainly changed me. Once upon a time, I could not dream. He has truly made me alive! MY PRAYER FOR YOU TODAY SISTER: Psalm 20:4 May He give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed.
God bless you. (I deleted the other comment, because of my bad grammar. I am kind of picky like that:)
Seeking to make sure my goals are His goals...it gets sometimes!! Great post!
In His Graces~Pamela
I think we think the same some days! Great post and reminders once again. Have a great day!
What an encouraging post. It speaks to my heart because heaven is my favorite topic, and yes, it's my top goal, too!
All the words and quotes you wrote in you post just gives my heart so much joy. Father, thank you for speaking through Yolanda today.
I have got to get that book! Yes, we have got to keep focused on the eternal and not just the temporal.
Beth
Eternity is the best intention of our hearts. How I pray for singlemindedness in that direction! Great focus to begin my week, Yolanda. On another note, love your new profile picture.
peace~elaine
Hello, Yo!
I've been on a little bloggy break but have been receiving your emails and praying!
Missed you!
I'm so gonna get that book Crazy Love and thank you for your ENCOURAGEMENT!
Great POST!
Love Lea
btw I made the call... shewwww
it went very well and I'm back ON TRACK! THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS!
I love this verse. I think I need to spend some time here. Thanks.
Post a Comment