Sunday, May 31, 2009

Just how serious am I?

As I continue through the old testament I reflect upon how I hope that I would be much different than the Israelites, but deep down I know that I probably am not. Probably?

Jeremiah 7:8-12 NIV "'But look, you are trusting in deceptive words that are worthless. Will you steal and murder, commit adultery and perjury, burn incense to Baal and follow other gods you have not known, and then come and stand before me in this house, which bears my Name, and say, "We are safe"-safe to do all these detestable things? Has this house, which bears my Name, become a den of robbers to you? But I have been watching!' declares the LORD. 'Go now to the place in Shiloh where I first made a dwelling for my Name, and see what I did to it because of the wickedness of my people Israel.'"

If you can, take a little bit of time and study this from another version or paraphrase. Let this scripture come to life in your heart and your mind. We are living in troubling times and I, for one, do not want my Lord and Savior to tell me, "depart from Me, Yolanda, I never knew you." I want to be found being obedient to His word and decree's.

Grab your own bibles and take a peek at verses 13,14, & 15 because this causes me to sit and weep in my heart. I ponder just how serious am I? Perhaps you are now pondering this question as well? How easy it is to point fingers at others, or even in my mind judge them, perhaps even from time to time voicing my thoughts all the while, I myself am not any better. Verse 19 from the NLT just hit me in the face as I read from this chapter. I pray that this falls afresh on you as well, that we would sharpen one another, like iron.

"Am I the one they are hurting?” asks the Lord. “Most of all, they hurt themselves, to their own shame.”

God tells us over and over, friends, to obey Him & repent. When we do, He will hear us and be our God and we will be His people. Warning us over and over to do as He says.

Father God, I praise You for You. You are more than enough, You are the creator of the world. You spoke and things came into existence. There is power in Your words, in the breath that You exhale. Allow me to inhale Your exhale. Lord, I'm sorry that I have fallen so short and I ask that You forgive me. I am blessed beyond measure because of Your grace and mercy. May I exhale that grace and mercy onto ALL others. Father, I desire for You to be my God and that I would be Your people. I praise You and may my actions today, honor You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Lovingly as I continue to reach for Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

17 comments:

Faye said...

What a Blessing your post was to me! Please keep us in your prayers! Blessings, Faye

Skoots1moM said...

thanks for your post!

Stephanie said...

Yolanda thanks for this post,I picked up my Bible and read those verses,I see how they can touch your spirit.The more intimate I get with the Lord the more my spirit absorbs His every word

TeriAnnElizabeth said...

I have missed you and the other Siestas' so much.

I have been in a self imposed exile - just praying and reading and praying and reading. For the first time in my life I had no need for words...they just wouldn't come.

I will return :-) Tomorrow is my Mama's birthday. She would be 88! Wow.. I'm glad she is waiting for me there without pain or sorrow.

Love and prayers,
Teri

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

Thanks for posting this amazing verse today. I too, am guilty of judging people too quickly. Best to leave that up to God, rather than let my thoughts run away with me.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Beth Herring said...

I dont' want to be found wanting either Yolanda. My desire is to live my life to be pleasing to Him. I know that we all fall short and we all do things that do NOT glorify Him, but I pray that those times will become fewer and farther between.

Love to you - Beth

Nancy said...

Good thoughts. When I repent, there is this fresh grace that is like no other. His mercy and love are always with me, but when the slate is wiped clean, how precious that new page is and the opportunity to to on with Him, forgiven.

Heart2Heart said...

Just wanted to wish you a very Happy Monday and give you a big surprise at my blog today, so stop on by!

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Crown of Beauty said...

Thank you for this post.

I am quite dead serious with the Lord, too... though I often fall short of my own expectations of myself, and yet each time I come running back to the Lord, I find that His arms are wide open to take me back.

Always look forward to your encouraging blog entries, Yolanda. I will surely open my bible to Jeremiah 7 to read up the verses you pointed out.

Runner Mom said...

What a great insight! Girl, I love your posts! They make me slow down and think about so many things! Thank you!! And, took a peak back at your lattice painting!! Love it! I want to see the results when your Morning Glories start to grow!

Hugs,
Susan

Leaon Mary said...

Girl,
You have NOOOOO IDEA
HOW THIS HIT HOME TODAY.

Leah Adams said...

I so desire to stand before Him prayed up, confessed up and full of a faith that pleases Him. I do not want to come to Him in deceit or unbelief. Thanks for the reminder of how important it is to pursue holiness every day.

Leah

Samantha said...

Wow.
I need to come on here more often! I've been going through your posts, and they are all speaking to me. LOUD. And I love it!

"Am I the one they are hurting?

That hit me. Hard.
Thank you for this post, Yolanda.
- Sam

Kristen said...

Yolanda...
Your insight always touches me. Your posts... always a blessing. I too desire true obedience to a Father who richly blesses. That all I do honor Him.

How is your retirement? Are you enjoying this new chapter?
Hugs,
K

TRUTH SHARER said...

The OT is so full of such clear instruction - how can we miss it? We just need to obey it [as you said].

BTW - like Teri - I have been laying low too - just basking in the Lord's Presence and praying and not spending too much time on the computer. I miss my blogging siestas but know that we all long to love GOD first and foremost - so whatever it takes - even a 'self imposed exile' for a time - let's do it and encourage it!

Choosing JOY,
Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I Worship]

Pamela (His maidservant) said...

Oh my dear sweet, sweet friend...thank you for the birthday card but i quick having those 6 years ago!!!

Love you!!

Pamela

valerie said...

I'm so glad you and Beth will be going to Houston together next Jan. for the Scripture memorization.
I can't wait to meet y'all!

Great post. They always are.
Love,
Valerie