Monday, August 10, 2009

The burden I give you is light

Do you feel that the burden you are carrying is heavy? Do you feel overwhelmed and at a loss for answers? **Have you become this way due to excessive demands of religious leaders? (**Don't stone me, that came about due to a footnote in my Life Application Bible that left me pondering as well!) Has life lately taken its toll? If you've answered yes then I'd like to invite you to come...come.

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." Matthew 11:28-30 The Message. (Paraphrase)

Verse 30 in other translations states that Jesus says His burden is light. And you know Girlfriends and Guy friends after walking with Jesus for almost 10 years, I see truth in that statement. When I let go of my self and allow myself to walk in obedience to God and His word and the promptings of the Holy Spirit....that burden of obedience becomes so very very light.

Father God, We desire to get away with you, to walk with You and to work with You. Father the burdens of this world cause us to become weary and heavy laden. We know first hand of sickness, unemployment, the welfare of our economy, death, abuses, divorce, rejection and betrayal. Father, teach us the unforced rhythms of grace. To lay these concerns at Your feet, to trust You with them, and to BELIEVE for Your very best. Your Will Father, Your Will not mine. We love You and ask this in Your Son's Name, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Lovingly as I continue seeking Higher Grounds,
Yolanda

15 comments:

Andrea said...

U have an award at arise 2 write!!

Beth Herring said...

Seeking higher grounds with you Yolanda. Pray for me today.

Melinda said...

Hey friend,

I was just going through some of my old posts and read this one, also on burdens:

http://travelingtheroadhome.blogspot.com/2008/02/sowing-in-tears.html

Love when God has a theme!
Hugs,
Melinda

Nancy said...

What a beautiful idea. I love the phrase you repeated, "The unforced rhythms of grace." As a lover of words and a lover of rest, this stirs me greatly. Thank you for sharing it.

Runner Mom said...

His burden is light...and that makes mine light if it is the same! Thank you for this message! Love the scripture reference from the Message!!
Hugs!
Susan

Collette@Jesuslovesmums said...

Thanks for this Yolanda! Encouraging words of wisdom.
Collette xxx

Lisa said...

Father, teach us the unforced rhythms of grace. I'm going to ponder on this for a while!
Blessings ~ Lisa

Kat said...

Yolanda,

Lovely. Thanks for sharing. I am glad you stopped by Art's Chili!

Kat

Heart2Heart said...

Yolanda,

This is one of my favorite verses to rest in! During hubby's time of no work we had to place that trust in God everynight and this became my anchor to hold onto his promise.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

LisaShaw said...

I was so encouraged in this Yolanda and I stand with you in your prayer.

Blessings dear one.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I feel like I am "running" under a burden lately and just can't shake it off. What a pity when I know that the Lord is running beside me just waiting to share the load with me.

I, too, am seeking Higher Grounds!

Love ya!

Marilyn....in Mississippi

TRUTH SHARER said...

Even our troubles [the Word says] are "ligtht and momentary" compared to the glory which awaits us in heaven.

The key to your post - as I see it - is to keep close to JESUS. If we stick with HIM - nothing on earth can shake us.

Choosing JOY, Stephanie
JESUS - the One I THIRST For]

valerie said...

I remember years ago I was carrying around a burden and I just pictured myself dragging a ball and chain and Jesus standing there with the key....so willing to take that burden from me.
I'm so thankful He has promised to carry our burdens.

Miranda Riley said...

YAY!!!! I am really trying to go to Houston in January too! That's my plan. I'm praying that it will "financially" work out (since it will be just me, because of the requirements --none of my other friends participated)

It would be so nice to meet ya!

Paula said...

This is so beautiful... I can just see the Father pleading with us to rest in Him!
Thank you for this, Yolanda.