Will I choose to stand for God and His Word or will I be swayed by the world? If I believe the entirety of God's Word, then I must believe what He says about me as well. Am I still rooted in God's TRUTHS when the winds of life assault me?
I thoroughly BELIEVE GOD'S WORD. I have days that I stand so strong for God and I have moments where I buckle and I become quiet especially when it concerns touchy subjects with our families. I have strong convictions but I honestly haven't learned how to become soft with my tone and yet strong with the underlying message. So I either CUT or I become passive on the outside. If I come across your mind in the days ahead, would you pray for me?
Here is where I rest this morning and what began the pondering in my mind and heart.
Malachi 3:16-18 NLT
The Lord’s Promise of Mercy
Then those who feared the Lord spoke with each other, and the Lord listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and always thought about the honor of his name. “They will be my people,” says the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. “On the day when I act in judgment, they will be my own special treasure. I will spare them as a father spares an obedient child. Then you will again see the difference between the righteous and the wicked, between those who serve God and those who do not.”
Father, Thank You that I am Your special treasure. That I hunger to serve You, to be known by You and to know You. That I BELIEVE You, Father, help me when doubt and unbelief begin to creep in. When the storms of life beat against me, may I stay rooted in You. Cause my mind to think upon You all the day long. May I honor Your name, the saving Name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lovingly as I hunger for the Higher Grounds of My Jesus,
Yolanda
PS: If you have the time, check this scripture from The Message!
16 comments:
What a beautiful post. I, too stand on GOD's word. I pray I am a reflection of HIM in all I say and do. Blessings, andrea
Yolanda,
Your post has caused me to ponder, 'do I always act as though I am His own special treasure'? If we really believe that then we would not allow doubt and fear to overtake us as we look at the shape this world is in. We would not be full of anxiety and worry like I sometimes am. Because we are His special treasure, He guards us and protects us.
Oh, to truly believe that we are His everything!!
Leah
My sweet Yolanda, What a beautiful post.Such a blessing! Hope you have a great weekend! Blessings
Yolanda,
Perhaps if we were not living in such a sin filled world such thoughts about things would not crept into the recesses of our minds and make us question what we know in our hearts is true beyond a shadow of doubt.
Thank goodness that God understands the nature of humans and gives us room like a parent would to grow and learn from the mistakes we make and decisions we chose.
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
Oh my goodness Yolanda, these are the very things I have been praying about yesterday and today. Maybe not for the same reasons but the same thoughts apply.
Will I be obedient to what God says or not?
Do I believe and trust Him or not?
and as you said...
"I have strong convictions but I honestly haven't learned how to become soft with my tone and yet strong with the underlying message."
I am specifically praying about that this morning as it relates to a very specific situation and I want so much to handle it the right way.
I think God may have sent me over here for this. The scripture you used may be what I need.
I have prayed over you as I read this and will continue to pray as God brings you to mind.
Much love to you my friend!
Yolanda,
Your post reminded me of Psalm 1:3 which says, "He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Praying that we all may have roots that grow deep and drink up the nourishing living water our Savior provides and in turn bear fruit in the lost and depraved world in which we live.
Standing with you in prayer,
Brook
Dear Yolanda,
It has been a while since I have commented...
But you are so right. In my own life I have to make the choice daily, especially now after coming back from She Speaks, am I going to stand on God's word? Am I going to trust in what He says? Am I going to seek Him more, seek His truth more, or am I going to be swayed by the world.
It is so easy to allow myself to believe the lies and my feelings, which, though my emotions are real, that doesn't mean they are based on the Truth.
That's where I am struggling right now. Remembering to cling to the truth, rather than be swayed by my emotions and the lies the enemy would feed me to derail me.
God bless, and I will be lifting you up in prayer!
Heather
Dear Yolanda,
Thank you for visiting my site, and for praying for my grandson. He is in hospital since yesterday, Saturday morning (Philippine time) and his mom said he is responding well to medications and prayers.
Love
Lidj
Why is family soooo hard to respond to? Even the believing ones!
You wrote these words and I echo them myself:
"I have strong convictions but I honestly haven't learned how to become soft with my tone and yet strong with the underlying message. So I either CUT or I become passive on the outside."
UGH!! Strong or Timid! Harsh or Passive! When will I just learn to speak the TRUTH in LOVE???
Thank goodness God isn't finished with me yet!!! Great post!
Choosing JOY, Stephanie
[JESUS - the One I THIRST For]
Hi Friend, What a beautiful post. I'm so happy for you to be reading through the entire bible in one year. It has been a goal of mine to do that reading plan and I'm happy for you that you are succeeding. Hoping this finds you well this weekend. Hugs, Kim
I join you my friend in standing firm on God's Word. His Word is life and breath to me.
I pray this prayer for us both. May we always stay true to Him and never waiver in our beliefs.
Yes I believe we are all being pruned and rooted all the while we grow - just like the trees and shrubs outside our homes. And yes, we do need each other to thrive just as many of the flowers need the shade of a tree in order to live or the bees and the birds in order to reproduce their beauty. I am so glad to have come across this as I get ready to ready my Bible in a year tonight as well. I find that without the Word I do tend to sway worldly and in this world there is too much insecurity and messages that distract me from the truth. Sticking close to the Lord is my haven and I am so glad to have friends like you to share this with and to remind me when I need to do my reading! Have a good night.
Prayers,
Tammy
Yolanda, very nice post. Appreciate you sharing the encouragement. Blessings.
I know what you mean. ANd I see our connection here to what God is telling us. Sometimes we want to take care of everything ourselves and we forget that as long as we have done what we can, God will take care of the rest. It has given me so much peace to come to that solid real knowledge that I can't do anything more. But he can--with family, with friends, with our income--everything!
As I read that scripture I am reminded that I am a treasure to God because "He who, yea, has not spared his own Son ... but delivered him up for us all".
Yolanda,
This was precious. We all need to believe and not doubt - but then the world does creep in! I'll pray for you (and me!).
God Bless,
Sonya Lee
Post a Comment