Do you have a particular word that just means so much to you? Mine is BELIEVE. The coolest thing is that God had already stirred me to write on hope when yesterday a lady crossed my path at a coffee shop. I was sharing with her about BELIEVE when she said her word is HOPE. How about a little confirmation???!!! A few of the words I have chosen from my pocket Thesaurus for HOPE reads: look, await, yearn, hunger, thirst, pine, trust, anticipate. HOPE. We all could use a little hope right about now.
Matthew 12:20-21 NLT
"He will not crush those who are weak, or quench the smallest hope, until he brings full justice with his final victory. And his name will be the hope of all the world."
JESUS is our hope! He does not quench the smallest hope meaning that He WILL NOT snuff out your hope or mine. If He doesn't, we shouldn't quench the hope of one another either. Perhaps we could offer another hope? I believe, YES, by not raining on their parade, by being salt and light, by allowing God to use us to be encouragement into each others days and hearts. Will you let God use you today?
Father, You continue to encourage me and open my eyes as I spend time with You. I'm eternally grateful for You. The hope that You have poured into me continues to blossom and grow. I thank You for those that allow themselves to be used by You to pour into my own heart. Father, thank You for the HOPE we have in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. In the saving name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Lovingly,
Yolanda at Higher Grounds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
Believe is one of my favorite words right along with Faithful. God is so FAITHFUL - good times and bad. I can always see His handprints in my life. I guess that's why I BELIEVE!
Blessings ~ Lisa
Beautiful post! My word is PEACE - I tend to get anxious and feel overwhelmed and abandoned...PEACE is what I feel when I remember the promises that God has made to me and all who love Him. I also feel PEACE when I allow Him to take control instead of grabbing (completely panicked) at the reigns myself. Oh MAN God is GOOD! :)
I also love the word "believe." It is pinned to a scarf around my dresser mirror. My favorite scripture with the word is "Love believes all things..." from I Cor.13. When used in a marriage, it can be a powerful thing.
I needed this today...I am going to hold on to my Hopes and Believe.
Blessings
Tessa
You've spotlighted mine today...HOPE! It's one of my all time favorites! A lady I work with has given me over the years a plaque with Hope written big and underneath this verse: "Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I HOPE in Thy word." Psalm 119: 114
She has given me a couple of other neat things with the word Hope on them.....an angel and a necklace.
Without God we have NO hope! With Him we have a GREAT hope!
Love ya girlfriend!
Marilyn
Oh, I love both of these words! I also am in love with the word Seek right now.
Dearest Yolanda,
How amazing our heart to heart connection! Ever since I started following your blog (I have not missed on reading every single post you have written since I got to know you...as for your archives, maybe I can begin looking into that bit by bit sooner or later)I have been amazed at how our hearts beat in pretty much the same way. And now as I read up on the three last posts you have written since I last visited, I was in for another delightful surprise. You quoted one after the other three of the passages that are closest to my heart: Malachi 3:16-17 about the scroll of remembrance and how we will be the Lord's special treasure if we speak true and praiseworthy things, Matthew 11:28 about trusting Jesus with our cares and burdens and learning gentleness from Him, and now today's post about hope, where you quoted Isaiah 42, about the bruised weed and the dimly burning wick.
I do thank God for you, the themes of my life are TRUST, OBEY, HOPE, AND JOY!
Thanking God for you always,
Lidj
Yolanda,
I too keep crossing over that word Hope! Not only the meaning behind it, but even coming across the most beautiful women with that name.
God does work in amazing ways!
Love and Hugs ~ Kat
If you would have asked me a year ago, my answer probably would have been different. But right now my word, too, is hope. I do have a little star with the word hope on it, hope is in a phrase on the wall in the living room and I'm thinking of buying the O-P-E to match the H we already own to display this encouraging word in yet another place in our house.
What a great and powerful post! I would have to say right now my word is HOPE as well. (The basis for my blog is Romans 15:13 -- "I pray that God, the source of HOPE, will fill you completely because you trust in Him. Then you will overflow with confident HOPE through the power of the Holy Spirit.") Praise God He is indeed our Hope, no matter how our outward circumstances may appear.
Thank you for this powerful reminder. You can't imagine how this speaks to me today!
Off to see who I might encourage...
= )
Love & blessings,
Tracy
Love it. I don't know how non Christians can live without the Hope we have in Jesus. Your words were touching. Thanks. I am glad we found each other's blogs. You are a blessing.
Yolanda,
Great post and one that spoke directly to me in a very convicting sort of way. Won't share the gory details but just know that you were used by God to speak to me today.
Leah
I love this Yolanda.
Faith is my favorite word, and Trust which means the same thing.
What a thought provoking post. :)
Yolanda, I love this!! I think my word is faith and sometimes joy! Can I have 2??
In order to increase faith and joy, you must believe!
Love you!
Susan
Mine is joy -- that is what God gives me and that is what I like God to let me bring to others.
Hi My Friend,
At this point in my life, I have many more than one. Faith, Believe, Hope, Trust, Love and Promises. All of these words are very, very important to me not just in the now, but always. With the many physical trials in my life and my husband's, I rest in all of these words each and every day.
I love this post. You always fill, encourage and inspire me when I visit here. You are a precious sister.
Love you,
Alleluiabelle
Hope & Believe tug on my heart right now. Especially when we visit Randy.
Love ya!
Wow- beautiful words, Miss Yolanda!
I always get encouraged by coming here- you write such uplifting posts!
As I move into this shifting season of parenting, I'm hanging on the "hope" that God has something in store for us all that exceeds my current understanding.
Hope for each of my college-aged sons and hope for the 4 of us left behind to navigate the homefront without them. I'm not sure how to feel right now.
This has been a very hard "release" for me, but I am believing God, friend. I know nothing else to do but to believe! He's been so faithful in the past; I know he will carry me now.
Blessings and peace to you this week~elaine
Believe is one of my words too Yolanda and compassion.
I so enjoyed this message and I loved the prayer at the end.
Blessings to you dear sister.
This was a great blog post. We should all be sharing with one another so that we can encourage and uplift eachother. I was just visiting another blog and there in bold was a scripture that answered a bible question that I had. God is good.
Come by my blog today to see why your feel are lovely. :)
Sonya Lee
Post a Comment